|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
(a) His momma got sick, so he had to go home.
(b) His brother was in trouble again, so he had to go home.
(c) His new girlfriend asked him not to.
(d) An old friend wanted him to return to the Anniston Star.
2. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
(a) About a man who married his daughter.
(b) About poachers.
(c) About Siamese twins.
(d) About a woman who dies twenty years after her attack.
3. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
(d) The South.
4. What was the wall in Brooklyn that Rick wrote about?
(a) A memorial to soldiers.
(b) A tribute to those killed in the streets there.
(c) A division between races.
(d) A tribute to the leaders of the gangs.
5. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) TV preachers.
(b) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
(c) Reading The Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
3. What kind of questions did Rick often find himself answering to the students at Harvard?
4. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
5. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)