|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Find more likker.
2. What kind of people did Rick write about from Immokalee, Florida?
(a) Poor migrant workers who drank too much.
(c) The homeless.
(d) Crew bosses.
3. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(b) Hauling trash.
(c) Cleaning stalls.
(d) Moving dirt and clearing land.
4. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(b) Because they were poor and lived close by.
(c) Because the police did not like their father.
(d) Because they were always getting in trouble.
5. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
(a) Blue Jays.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
2. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
3. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
4. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
5. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)