|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick quit college?
(a) He did not like it.
(b) He can't handle the work load.
(c) He did not feel like he is learning enough.
(d) He got a job as a reporter.
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) His own bed.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A red wagon.
4. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
(a) She did not want to clean them.
(b) She believed he may be involved in the Sparks case.
(c) She thought John Sparks used them.
(d) She wanted to protect him from the police.
5. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(b) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(c) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
(d) He only sent funding to Haiti.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Charles when he died?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
3. What made Rick finally write the book?
4. What did Rick never do alone?
5. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)