|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
(a) It was a test to him to see if he belonged in educated society.
(b) His friends told him he was not cut out for it.
(c) His editor told him he was a shoe in.
(d) He wanted it more than anything he had ever wanted.
2. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(b) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make his brothers feel better.
(b) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(c) To forgive his father.
(d) To make himself feel better.
4. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He worked hard at it.
(c) He wasted it.
(d) He learned a lot from it.
5. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(b) He convinced him to tell his story.
(c) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
2. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
4. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
5. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)