|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That everyone should read it.
(b) That he wrote it for himself.
(c) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(d) That it is not important.
2. What kind of a leader was Papa Doc to Haiti?
(c) A savior.
3. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would go to the doctor.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
4. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
(b) Financial freedom.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Freedom, respect, and dignity.
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She could go back, but not with her son.
(b) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(c) She should never go back.
(d) She must be obedient to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
2. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
3. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
4. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
5. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)