|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They ran to the neighbors.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They ran and hid.
(d) They called their grandfather.
2. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He liked the attention.
(b) He did not want to be alone.
(c) He believed it makes him famous.
(d) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
3. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(b) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(c) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(d) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) Get at great truths.
(b) Heal his soul.
(c) To bring his family closer together.
(d) Make the dead dance with the living.
5. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
(a) When one of them gets hurt.
(b) When momma cries.
(c) When momma hits them with a hickory branch.
(d) When momma yells.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
2. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
3. What is the last line of the Prologue?
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
5. When did Rick first meet his father?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)