|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
(a) The fluff piece staff.
(b) The news staff.
(c) The editors.
(d) The photo staff.
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He believes it is detrimental.
(b) He is fervent about it.
(c) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(d) He is apathetic about it.
3. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
(a) He became too full of himself.
(b) He called out sick a lot.
(c) He had a fight with his boss.
(d) He chose to cover only certain stories.
4. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(b) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(c) For Rick to send money for momma.
(d) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
5. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Rick travel to the first time he went out of the country to write a story?
2. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
3. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
5. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)