|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His grandfather's death.
(c) His grandmother's death.
(d) His father's death.
3. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
(a) They played football.
(b) They watched dog fights.
(c) They listened to loud music.
(d) They danced.
4. What did Rick claim as the highlight of his stay in Tampa?
(a) A surfer named Topsy.
(b) A serial killer.
(c) A story about a chicken named Mopsy.
(d) The hurricanes.
5. What was the wall in Brooklyn that Rick wrote about?
(a) A division between races.
(b) A tribute to the leaders of the gangs.
(c) A memorial to soldiers.
(d) A tribute to those killed in the streets there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
3. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)