|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. How long did Rick work for the L.A. Times?
(a) One week.
(b) One year.
(c) One winter.
(d) One month.
3. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
(a) Freedom, respect, and dignity.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Financial freedom.
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(b) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(c) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(d) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
5. How old was Charles when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
2. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
3. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
4. What became of Sam?
5. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)