|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The baby was never christened.
(b) No records were kept of dead babies.
(c) The baby never existed.
(d) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(b) He is fervent about it.
(c) He is apathetic about it.
(d) He believes it is detrimental.
3. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(a) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
(b) The truth: that they are poor.
(c) A lie: that they are rich.
4. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
(b) Grandma's death.
(c) The birth of Sam's son.
5. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
(a) His editor told him he was a shoe in.
(b) It was a test to him to see if he belonged in educated society.
(c) He wanted it more than anything he had ever wanted.
(d) His friends told him he was not cut out for it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
2. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
3. What is the last line of the Prologue?
4. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
5. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)