|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
(a) The Jacksonvill News.
(b) The Boston Herald.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
2. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(b) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(c) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(d) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
3. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
(a) The South.
4. What kind of a leader was Papa Doc to Haiti?
(b) A savior.
5. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hard hat.
(c) Deer meat.
(d) A sack of pine cones.
Short Answer Questions
1. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
2. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
4. What did the foreign correspondents eat at the Montana Hotel in Haiti?
5. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)