|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
(b) For Rick to send money for momma.
(c) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(d) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
2. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
(a) The editors.
(b) The fluff piece staff.
(c) The news staff.
(d) The photo staff.
3. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) He only cared about his work.
(b) She thought she was pregnant.
(c) He worked too late.
(d) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
4. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
(b) The South.
5. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
(a) You can't go through life hating people.
(b) You can't go through life hating people who had it easier than you.
(c) You can't go through life wishing things were different.
(d) You can't go through life looking back at the past.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
3. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
4. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)