|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime did John Sparks commit?
2. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) Bible country.
(b) The poor Old South.
(c) The monied South.
(d) The land of poor churches.
3. What kind of people did Rick write about from Immokalee, Florida?
(a) Poor migrant workers who drank too much.
(c) Crew bosses.
(d) The homeless.
4. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
(a) The editors.
(b) The photo staff.
(c) The news staff.
(d) The fluff piece staff.
5. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) He only cared about his work.
(b) He worked too late.
(c) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
(d) She thought she was pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
4. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
5. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)