|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(c) Find more likker.
(d) Stop drinking.
2. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(a) The truth: that they are poor.
(b) A lie: that they are rich.
(d) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
3. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Only Rick.
(c) Momma and the three boys.
(d) Only the three boys.
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(b) "Whatever you think best, son."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Tell the truth in it, son."
5. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
(a) He lost the election by poplular vote.
(b) He went into exile.
(c) He was elected for the second time.
(d) He was assassinated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
2. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
3. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
4. What was Margaret's first real toy?
5. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)