|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
(b) Dessert Strom.
(c) World War II.
2. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
(a) Kickin' her sister so hard in bed one night.
(b) Takin' a sip of likker.
(c) Takin' the truck out for a short ride in the fields.
(d) Talkin' back to her mother.
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The religion.
(c) The music.
(d) The clothing.
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
(c) Kidney failure.
(d) Heart failure.
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(b) Another day with his grandmother.
(d) A way to spend more time with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)