|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Fighting and drinking.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
2. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He shot him.
(b) He stabbed him.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He strangled him.
3. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Foot long hot dogs.
(b) Fried crappie.
(c) Ice cream sundays.
4. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Albert Brewer.
5. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Oklahoma City.
(c) Port au Prince.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
4. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
5. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)