|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(b) A nice house.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new dress.
2. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(d) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
3. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(b) It is too fancy a name for him.
(c) He finds it appropriate.
(d) It makes him proud.
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Family man.
(b) Hard worker.
(d) Hard drinker and fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
2. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
3. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
4. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
5. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)