|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(c) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
2. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them to their church.
(b) They brought them bread to eat.
(c) They invited them over for dinner.
(d) They brought them corn to eat.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To work hard.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To get what you want out of life.
5. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) Albert Brewer.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
2. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
3. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
5. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)