|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The baby was never christened.
(b) The baby never existed.
(c) No records were kept of dead babies.
(d) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
2. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She told the police he made likker.
(b) She hit one of his children.
(c) She came at him with a knife.
(d) She lied about his stealing.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He thought it was a party.
(b) He had no problem with the notion.
(c) He was afraid to go.
(d) He did not think about it one way or another.
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(b) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(c) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(d) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
2. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)