|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Oklahoma City.
(d) Port au Prince.
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(b) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
(d) Bumdrum's live chickens.
3. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(a) Dancing in the kitchen.
(c) Making cookies.
(d) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran and hid.
(c) They ran to the neighbors.
(d) They called their grandfather.
5. What sickness killed Rick's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
2. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
3. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)