|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She told the police he made likker.
(b) She lied about his stealing.
(c) She hit one of his children.
(d) She came at him with a knife.
3. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are there to protect people.
(b) They are lies to hide truths.
(c) They are lies created to entertain.
(d) They are only his perceptions.
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They had fewer children to care for.
(b) They became educated.
(c) They married better.
(d) They moved to better parts of the country.
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(c) "Forgive me Momma."
(d) "I forgive you, Papa."
Short Answer Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
3. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
4. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)