|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) The land of poor churches.
(b) Bible country.
(c) The monied South.
(d) The poor Old South.
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Hank Williams.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them over for dinner.
(b) They brought them corn to eat.
(c) They brought them bread to eat.
(d) They invited them to their church.
4. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Foot long hot dogs.
(b) Fried crappie.
(d) Ice cream sundays.
5. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(b) He would go to the doctor.
(c) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
2. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
5. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)