|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sickness killed Rick's father?
2. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) Only bread.
(b) What is given to her by others.
(c) The scraps from their plates.
(d) What falls to the floor.
3. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(c) A way to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Another day with his grandmother.
4. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) No records were kept of dead babies.
(b) The baby never existed.
(c) The baby was never christened.
(d) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
5. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Hank Williams.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Perry Como.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
2. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
3. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
4. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
5. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)