|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) A mansion.
(b) Just big enough for all of them.
(c) Small, but in good shape.
(d) Big but decrepit.
2. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He strangled him.
(b) He stabbed him.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He shot him.
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To make his brothers feel better.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To record his mother's sacrifices.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To work hard.
(b) To get what you want out of life.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To fight dirty.
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Fighting and drinking.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
3. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
4. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)