|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Hard worker.
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(d) Family man.
2. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The clothing.
(b) The religion.
(c) The scenery.
(d) The music.
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make himself feel better.
(b) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To forgive his father.
4. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was five.
(b) When he was two.
(c) When he was ten.
(d) When he was fifteen.
5. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was terribly windy.
(b) It was freezing cold.
(c) It was always raining.
(d) It was boiling hot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
4. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
5. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)