|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
2. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Find more likker.
(d) Hit her.
3. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(b) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(c) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(d) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
4. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(c) A way to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Another day with his grandmother.
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandfather's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His grandmother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
2. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
3. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
5. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)