|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
(b) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(c) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(d) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
2. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(b) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(c) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(d) "Whatever you think best, son."
3. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(b) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(c) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(d) He would make him close the door to darkness.
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Rick's dad.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Grandpa Charlie.
(d) Grandma Ava.
5. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(d) He would go to the doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
3. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
5. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)