|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) To bring his family closer together.
(b) Get at great truths.
(c) Make the dead dance with the living.
(d) Heal his soul.
2. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
3. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "I forgive you, Papa."
(b) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(c) "Forgive me Momma."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
(b) Heart failure.
(c) Kidney failure.
5. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
3. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
4. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
5. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)