|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She could go back, but not with her son.
(b) She should never go back.
(c) She must be obedient to her husband.
(d) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To record his mother's sacrifices.
3. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
(a) Blue Jays.
4. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A wooden turtle on a string.
(c) A doll.
(d) A red wagon.
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Fighting and drinking.
(b) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(c) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(d) Beating your childen and missing church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
2. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
3. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
4. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
5. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)