|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(a) A way to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Another day with his grandmother.
2. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He fell out of a tree.
(b) He fell in through an icy pond.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(b) To work hard.
(c) To fight dirty.
(d) To get what you want out of life.
4. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "I forgive you, Papa."
(b) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(c) "Forgive me Momma."
(d) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Beating your childen and missing church.
(b) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(c) Fighting and drinking.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
4. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
5. When did Rick first meet his father?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)