|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That everyone should read it.
(b) That he wrote it for himself.
(c) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(d) That it is not important.
3. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked hard at it.
(b) He wasted it.
(c) He learned a lot from it.
(d) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
4. What was Rick's first course in college?
(d) Creative Writing.
5. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(b) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(c) That everyone needs love.
(d) That no one should be laughed at.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
2. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
4. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
5. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)