|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They became educated.
(b) They moved to better parts of the country.
(c) They married better.
(d) They had fewer children to care for.
2. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
(a) Gangs in the streets of various cities around the world.
(d) Happy stories.
3. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(b) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(c) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(d) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) A new dress.
(b) New shoes.
(d) A nice house.
5. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A house.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
3. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)