|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(b) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Whatever you think best, son."
2. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(a) Migrant workers.
(c) The government.
(d) She was too slow at it.
3. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She hit one of his children.
(b) She came at him with a knife.
(c) She told the police he made likker.
(d) She lied about his stealing.
4. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A car.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A house.
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandfather's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His grandmother's death.
(d) His mother's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
2. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
3. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
4. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
5. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)