|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Bear Bryant.
2. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
(a) Gang members who were shot to death.
(b) Race car drivers killed on the track.
(c) Football players who suffered from concussions.
(d) Deer hunters who were killing each other by accident.
3. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was having a seizure.
(b) He was taking a walk.
(c) He was reading another book.
(d) He was daydreaming.
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) Get at great truths.
(b) Heal his soul.
(c) To bring his family closer together.
(d) Make the dead dance with the living.
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(c) Fighting and drinking.
(d) Beating your childen and missing church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
2. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
3. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
4. Why did Rick quit college?
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)