|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(c) Bumdrum's live chickens.
(d) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
3. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) He worked too late.
(b) She thought she was pregnant.
(c) He only cared about his work.
(d) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
4. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Albert Brewer.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) George Wallace.
5. Why did Rick quit college?
(a) He did not like it.
(b) He got a job as a reporter.
(c) He can't handle the work load.
(d) He did not feel like he is learning enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
2. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
3. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
5. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)