|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) He threw them away one night.
(b) She shredded them.
(c) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
(d) They were burned.
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To make his brothers feel better.
3. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Bear Bryant.
(b) Martin Luther King Jr.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Rosa Parks.
4. How old was Charles when he died?
5. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
(a) Heart failure.
(b) Kidney failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
2. What is the story of the widow's mite?
3. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
4. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
5. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)