|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(b) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(c) He would go to the doctor.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
2. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "I forgive you, Papa."
(c) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
3. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In a clean shirt.
(c) In overalls.
(d) In a full suit.
4. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five years.
5. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
(a) The ones in which people struggle.
(c) Car racing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
2. What was Rick's first course in college?
3. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
4. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
5. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)