|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Albert Brewer.
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His grandmother's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His grandfather's death.
3. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) Only bread.
(b) What is given to her by others.
(c) What falls to the floor.
(d) The scraps from their plates.
4. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
(a) His brother was in trouble again, so he had to go home.
(b) An old friend wanted him to return to the Anniston Star.
(c) His momma got sick, so he had to go home.
(d) His new girlfriend asked him not to.
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(a) Dirty books.
(c) Classical literature.
(d) Car magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
2. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
3. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
4. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
5. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)