|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) He fell out of a tree.
(c) He fell in through an icy pond.
(d) He was hit by a truck.
2. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
(a) His brother was in trouble again, so he had to go home.
(b) His new girlfriend asked him not to.
(c) His momma got sick, so he had to go home.
(d) An old friend wanted him to return to the Anniston Star.
3. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) She thought she was pregnant.
(b) He only cared about his work.
(c) He worked too late.
(d) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
4. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The music.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The religion.
(d) The clothing.
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(c) Hard worker.
(d) Family man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
4. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)