|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
(a) By buying his girlfriend a car.
(b) By buying his momma a pair of dentures.
(c) By buying his ex-wife a baby carriage.
(d) By buying his brother a business.
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will find a good job someday.
(b) That he will leave home and never return.
(c) That he will end up just like his father.
(d) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
3. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was terribly windy.
(b) It was boiling hot.
(c) It was always raining.
(d) It was freezing cold.
4. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Bear Bryant.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.
5. How old was Rick when he married?
(a) In his mid-twenties.
(b) In his late twenties.
(c) In his early twenties.
(d) In his early thirties.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
2. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
3. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
4. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
5. What did Mark build in the woods?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)