|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) It makes him proud.
(b) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(c) He finds it appropriate.
(d) It is too fancy a name for him.
2. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) A church picnic.
(b) When father throws the food in anger.
(c) A family outing.
(d) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
3. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It threw its baby from the nest.
(b) It hurled itself into a pool.
(c) It flew into a glass door.
(d) It attacked its own reflection.
4. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A red wagon.
(b) A doll.
(c) A wooden turtle on a string.
(d) A stuffed bear.
5. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Only the three boys.
(c) Momma and the three boys.
(d) Only Rick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
2. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
3. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
4. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
5. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)