|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
(a) She thought she was pregnant.
(b) He worked too late.
(c) She did not want him traveling for his stories.
(d) He only cared about his work.
2. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(b) "Whatever you think best, son."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Tell the truth in it, son."
3. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
(a) By buying his momma a pair of dentures.
(b) By buying his girlfriend a car.
(c) By buying his brother a business.
(d) By buying his ex-wife a baby carriage.
4. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
(b) Reading The Bible.
(d) TV preachers.
5. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He strangled him.
(b) He shot him.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He stabbed him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
3. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
4. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)