|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(a) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
(d) Bumdrum's live chickens.
2. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(b) A lie: that they are rich.
(c) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
(d) The truth: that they are poor.
3. What did Mark build in the woods?
(a) A shack.
(b) A barn.
(c) A church.
(d) A house.
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Port au Prince.
(c) Oklahoma City.
5. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
(a) Five years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Seven years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
2. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
3. What does Rick say about this book?
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
5. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)