|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they were always getting in trouble.
(b) Because the police did not like their father.
(c) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(d) Because they were poor and lived close by.
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(a) Hard worker.
(d) Hard drinker and fighter.
3. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(b) Car magazines.
(c) Classical literature.
(d) Dirty books.
4. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) The Boston Herald.
(d) The Jacksonvill News.
5. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To make his brothers feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
2. What sickness killed Rick's father?
3. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
4. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
5. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)