|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
(a) A house.
(b) A car.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) A vacation.
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Perry Como.
(d) Hank Williams.
3. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
(a) Cook the fish.
(b) Bait the line.
(c) Reel in the fish Sam caught.
(d) Tell momma Rick caught the fish.
4. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Only Rick.
(c) Momma and the three boys.
(d) Only the three boys.
5. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He worked hard at it.
(c) He wasted it.
(d) He learned a lot from it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
2. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
3. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
5. What did Rick claim as the highlight of his stay in Tampa?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)