|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(a) She was too slow at it.
(c) The government.
(d) Migrant workers.
2. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) The scraps from their plates.
(b) What falls to the floor.
(c) What is given to her by others.
(d) Only bread.
3. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(b) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(c) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(d) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
4. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They had a party for the poor children.
(b) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(c) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
(d) They collected toys for the poor children.
5. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(b) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(c) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(d) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
2. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
3. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
4. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
5. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)