|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Momma and the three boys.
(c) Only Rick.
(d) Only the three boys.
2. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(b) The truth: that they are poor.
(c) A lie: that they are rich.
(d) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
3. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(b) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
4. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(a) Dancing in the kitchen.
(b) Making cookies.
(c) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
5. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(b) The baby never existed.
(c) No records were kept of dead babies.
(d) The baby was never christened.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
2. How old was Rick when he married?
3. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
5. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)