|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(b) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
(c) Reading The Bible.
(d) TV preachers.
2. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was always raining.
(b) It was freezing cold.
(c) It was terribly windy.
(d) It was boiling hot.
3. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The baby never existed.
(b) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(c) No records were kept of dead babies.
(d) The baby was never christened.
4. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
5. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
(a) He chose to cover only certain stories.
(b) He became too full of himself.
(c) He had a fight with his boss.
(d) He called out sick a lot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
2. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
3. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
4. What crime did John Sparks commit?
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)