|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(b) Rick's dad.
(c) Grandma Ava.
(d) Grandpa Charlie.
2. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was boiling hot.
(b) It was freezing cold.
(c) It was terribly windy.
(d) It was always raining.
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Hit her.
(d) Find more likker.
4. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) Bear Bryant.
5. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The religion.
(c) The clothing.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
2. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
3. What war was Rick's father in?
4. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
5. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)