|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
(a) Financial freedom.
(b) Freedom, respect, and dignity.
(c) Hard work.
2. What does perfume on a hog reference to in the chapter of that title?
(a) Rich and Poor.
(b) Educated and Uneducated.
(c) The North and the South.
(d) Harvard and Rick.
3. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
(a) You can't go through life wishing things were different.
(b) You can't go through life hating people.
(c) You can't go through life looking back at the past.
(d) You can't go through life hating people who had it easier than you.
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would go to the doctor.
(b) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(c) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(d) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
5. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They moved to better parts of the country.
(b) They became educated.
(c) They had fewer children to care for.
(d) They married better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's first real toy?
2. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
3. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
4. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
5. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)