|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Albert Brewer.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He is apathetic about it.
(b) He is fervent about it.
(c) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(d) He believes it is detrimental.
3. What change was made at the NY Times in Rick's first article?
(a) The headline.
(b) Much of the grammar.
(c) A comma.
(d) Most of the story.
4. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
(a) Guarded as no one is allowed in.
(b) Well kept as life is sacred.
(c) So full the caretakers don't know where they put people.
(d) Empty because they burn the bodies.
5. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(b) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(c) He convinced him to tell his story.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
2. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
3. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
5. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)