|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was always raining.
(b) It was terribly windy.
(c) It was boiling hot.
(d) It was freezing cold.
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He had no problem with the notion.
(b) He was afraid to go.
(c) He did not think about it one way or another.
(d) He thought it was a party.
3. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(b) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(c) He convinced him to tell his story.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 40s and 50s.
(b) The 60s and 70s.
(c) The 20s and 30s.
(d) The 50s and 60s.
5. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(b) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(c) Because he never learned to read.
(d) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
2. Rosario told Rick that he confronted the armed man in his store for what reason?
3. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
4. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
5. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)