|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
(a) Financial freedom.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Freedom, respect, and dignity.
2. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(b) Migrant workers.
(c) She was too slow at it.
(d) The government.
3. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) A red wagon.
(b) His own bed.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) A bicycle.
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(b) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(c) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(d) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
5. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They married better.
(b) They had fewer children to care for.
(c) They moved to better parts of the country.
(d) They became educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
2. Where did Rick travel to the first time he went out of the country to write a story?
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
4. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
5. What kind of stories did Rick write for the St. Petersburg Times while living in St. Petersburg after the Fellowship?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)