|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main question that people asked in Rick's hometown after the incident in 1994 that brought him back home to write a story?
(a) Where was God when it happened?
(b) Why would God hurt the poor?
(c) What had the people done wrong to be punished?
(d) What do we do next?
2. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
(b) He believed it makes him famous.
(c) He did not want to be alone.
(d) He liked the attention.
3. What kind of people did Rick write about from Immokalee, Florida?
(a) Crew bosses.
(b) Poor migrant workers who drank too much.
(d) The homeless.
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(b) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(c) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(d) He would make him close the door to darkness.
5. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(a) Sports news.
(b) Entertainment news.
(d) Local news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
2. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
3. What kind of a leader was Papa Doc to Haiti?
4. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
5. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)