|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them to their church.
(b) They brought them corn to eat.
(c) They invited them over for dinner.
(d) They brought them bread to eat.
2. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
3. What change was made at the NY Times in Rick's first article?
(a) The headline.
(b) Most of the story.
(c) A comma.
(d) Much of the grammar.
4. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The baby was never christened.
(b) No records were kept of dead babies.
(c) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(d) The baby never existed.
5. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because he never learned to read.
(b) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
(c) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(d) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
2. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
3. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
4. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)