|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
(a) Quick to anger.
(c) Lack of fear.
(d) Running from his problems.
2. What kind of stories did Rick write for the St. Petersburg Times while living in St. Petersburg after the Fellowship?
(a) National stories.
(b) Local stories.
(c) Political stories.
(d) Storm stories.
3. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
(a) Hurricane Charlie.
(b) Hurricane Andrew.
(c) Hurricane Francis.
(d) Hurricane Katrina.
4. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(b) He only sent funding to Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(b) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(c) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(d) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
2. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
3. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
4. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)