|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(b) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
(c) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(d) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
2. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
3. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A child singing a hymn.
(b) A healing.
(c) A soul being saved.
(d) A baptism.
4. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She came at him with a knife.
(b) She hit one of his children.
(c) She told the police he made likker.
(d) She lied about his stealing.
5. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(b) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(c) He convinced him to tell his story.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the soldiers of Haiti randomly shoot the poor?
2. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
3. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
4. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
5. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)