|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
(b) He only sent funding to Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
2. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) When father throws the food in anger.
(b) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(c) A church picnic.
(d) A family outing.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He was afraid to go.
(b) He had no problem with the notion.
(c) He thought it was a party.
(d) He did not think about it one way or another.
4. What story brought Rick back home in 1994?
(a) A woman who killed her children.
(b) A hurricane that tore down a school.
(c) A church that was hit by a tornado.
(d) A gunman who opened fire at a church.
5. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
(a) Grandma's death.
(d) The birth of Sam's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What overall statement did Rick make about Miami?
2. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
3. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)