|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
(a) Hurricane Katrina.
(b) Hurricane Charlie.
(c) Hurricane Francis.
(d) Hurricane Andrew.
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He thought it was a party.
(b) He did not think about it one way or another.
(c) He was afraid to go.
(d) He had no problem with the notion.
3. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
(b) He liked the attention.
(c) He did not want to be alone.
(d) He believed it makes him famous.
4. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She lied about his stealing.
(b) She came at him with a knife.
(c) She hit one of his children.
(d) She told the police he made likker.
5. What overall statement did Rick make about Miami?
(a) "Miami is a crazy city."
(b) "Miami is a bad day in paradise."
(c) "From beauty to trash, Miami has it all."
(d) "You live and die in Miami."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
2. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
3. What change was made at the NY Times in Rick's first article?
4. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
5. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)