|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(b) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(c) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(d) He locked him in with a tomcat.
2. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was reading another book.
(b) He was having a seizure.
(c) He was taking a walk.
(d) He was daydreaming.
3. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Albert Brewer.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
(a) She wanted to protect him from the police.
(b) She thought John Sparks used them.
(c) She believed he may be involved in the Sparks case.
(d) She did not want to clean them.
5. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She hit one of his children.
(b) She came at him with a knife.
(c) She told the police he made likker.
(d) She lied about his stealing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
2. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
3. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
4. Why do the soldiers of Haiti randomly shoot the poor?
5. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)