|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She should never go back.
(b) She could go back, but not with her son.
(c) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(d) She must be obedient to her husband.
2. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(a) Migrant workers.
(b) The government.
(d) She was too slow at it.
3. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
(a) It was a test to him to see if he belonged in educated society.
(b) He wanted it more than anything he had ever wanted.
(c) His editor told him he was a shoe in.
(d) His friends told him he was not cut out for it.
4. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) She shredded them.
(b) He threw them away one night.
(c) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
(d) They were burned.
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(c) Beating your childen and missing church.
(d) Fighting and drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went to Charles's funeral?
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
3. What change was made at the NY Times in Rick's first article?
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
5. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)