|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Five years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(b) Bumdrum's live chickens.
(c) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
3. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
(a) You can't go through life hating people who had it easier than you.
(b) You can't go through life looking back at the past.
(c) You can't go through life hating people.
(d) You can't go through life wishing things were different.
4. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A child singing a hymn.
(b) A soul being saved.
(c) A healing.
(d) A baptism.
5. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
(a) Hurricane Katrina.
(b) Hurricane Francis.
(c) Hurricane Charlie.
(d) Hurricane Andrew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the foreign correspondents eat at the Montana Hotel in Haiti?
2. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
3. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
4. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
5. Why do the soldiers of Haiti randomly shoot the poor?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)