|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
(a) When momma cries.
(b) When momma hits them with a hickory branch.
(c) When momma yells.
(d) When one of them gets hurt.
2. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(b) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He only sent funding to Haiti.
3. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He did not want to be arrested.
(b) He was afraid momma might cry.
(c) He thought it is funny to be chased.
(d) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
4. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was boiling hot.
(b) It was terribly windy.
(c) It was freezing cold.
(d) It was always raining.
5. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(a) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
(c) The truth: that they are poor.
(d) A lie: that they are rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
2. How did Rick view his time in high school?
3. Who went to Charles's funeral?
4. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
5. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)