|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do those being studied in a community usually view a researcher?
2. How many assistants did Stack have helping her with her study?
3. In what year did Stack begin her study?
4. According to the US Census, what percent of black deaths in 1965 were caused by diseases of infancy?
5. How many years had the Jacksons been in the Flats when Stack met them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people in the Flats feel about sacrificing what they have for their kin?
2. What did Stack want to learn about the families that she studied?
3. Why were two black men in the community murdered by white policeman?
4. What were the causes that the black community was fighting for?
5. How were nicknames developed in the Flats?
6. What is the communities' view of people who borrow things from others and don't lend things in return?
7. What was Stack's housing situation like in the Flats?
8. How is swapping among family members different than casual swapping among people who are not kin?
9. How did bias affect Stack's study?
10. How did Stack use her assistants to gather data?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role that the AFDC plays in keeping people from developing strong relationships between men and women.
Essay Topic 2
Swapping plays a very important role in the Flats. Describe why swapping was such a necessary part of life.
Essay Topic 3
Stack's study was much different than other studies conducted in the Flats. Discuss why her research methods were so much different.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)