|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
2. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
3. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
4. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Spend a lot of time with them.
(b) Try to get close to them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Ask for things they need.
5. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
2. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
3. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
4. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
5. How many children did Claudia Williams have?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
2. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
3. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
4. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
5. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
6. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
7. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
8. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
9. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
10. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)