|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Two months.
2. How old was Ruby Banks?
3. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
4. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Thursday and Sunday.
(b) Sunday and Tuesday.
(c) Friday and Saturday.
(d) Wednesday and Monday.
5. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
2. How many children did Billy have?
3. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
4. Where did Michael Lee work?
5. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
2. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
3. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
4. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
5. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
6. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
7. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
8. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
9. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
10. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)