|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
2. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
3. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His grandparents.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His father and his girlfriend.
(d) His mother and her boyfriend.
4. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
5. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) Family friends.
(b) Their natural mother and father.
(d) People they develop relationships with.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
2. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
3. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
4. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
5. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
2. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
3. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
4. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
5. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
6. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
7. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
8. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
9. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
10. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)