|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Most of her life.
(d) Her whole life.
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) Their mother.
(b) The child's father.
(c) A maternal aunt.
(d) The paternal grandmother.
3. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
4. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
5. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
2. Where did Ivy and her boyfriend move when they left the Flats?
3. What was Ivy Rodgers boyfriends name?
4. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
5. How many children did Billy have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
3. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
4. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
5. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
6. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
7. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
8. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
9. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
10. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)