|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Clover's husband?
2. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
3. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) The paternal grandmother.
(b) The child's father.
(c) A maternal aunt.
(d) Their mother.
4. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother's boyfriend.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
5. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(d) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
2. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
5. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
2. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
3. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
4. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
5. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
6. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
7. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
8. What is child keeping?
9. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
10. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)