|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
2. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
3. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Friday and Saturday.
(b) Thursday and Sunday.
(c) Sunday and Tuesday.
(d) Wednesday and Monday.
4. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Six months.
(b) Her whole life.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Most of her life.
5. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Try to get close to them.
(c) Ask for things they need.
(d) Spend a lot of time with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
2. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
3. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
4. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
5. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
2. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
3. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
4. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
5. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
6. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
7. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
8. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
9. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
10. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)