|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her older cousin.
(d) Her father.
3. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
4. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(b) Their natural mother and father.
(c) Family friends.
(d) People they develop relationships with.
5. How old was Ruby Banks?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
2. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
3. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
4. What was the name of Clover's husband?
5. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
2. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
3. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
4. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
5. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
6. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
7. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
8. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
9. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
10. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)