|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Ask for things they need.
(b) Spend a lot of time with them.
(c) Ignore them.
(d) Try to get close to them.
2. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
3. What was name of Clover's son?
4. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(a) Great grandmother.
(b) Great grandfather.
5. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
3. How many children did Billy have?
4. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
5. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
2. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
3. What is child keeping?
4. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
5. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
6. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
7. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
8. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
9. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
10. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)