|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
2. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
(b) Lack of time.
(d) They are denied access to their children.
3. What was name of Clover's son?
4. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Try to get close to them.
(b) Spend a lot of time with them.
(c) Ask for things they need.
(d) Ignore them.
5. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) Family friends.
(b) People they develop relationships with.
(d) Their natural mother and father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
2. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
3. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
4. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
5. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
2. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
3. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
4. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
5. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
6. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
7. What is child keeping?
8. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
9. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
10. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)