|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Their father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
2. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Seven months.
3. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
4. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
5. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
2. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
3. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
4. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
5. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
2. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
3. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
4. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
5. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
6. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
7. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
8. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
9. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
10. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)