|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) The father's kin.
(b) Friends of the family.
(c) Her kin.
(d) The father.
2. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
3. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her older sister.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) She does.
(d) Her mother.
4. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
5. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
2. What were Ann's sisters names?
3. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
5. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
2. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
3. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
6. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
7. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
8. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
9. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
10. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)