|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) The child's father.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The paternal grandmother.
2. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Most of her life.
(c) Six months.
(d) Her whole life.
3. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Aunt Ethel.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Aunt Wilma.
4. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
5. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
2. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
3. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
4. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
5. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
2. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
3. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
4. What is child keeping?
5. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
6. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
7. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
8. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
9. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
10. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)