|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
2. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
3. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(b) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(c) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(d) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
4. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
5. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
2. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
3. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
4. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
5. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
2. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
3. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
6. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
7. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
8. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
9. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
10. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)