|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Friday and Saturday.
(b) Thursday and Sunday.
(c) Wednesday and Monday.
(d) Sunday and Tuesday.
2. How many children did Billy have?
3. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her paternal grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her father.
4. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) Carol Stack.
(b) Elliot Liebow.
(c) Alex Reaves.
(d) John Goodwin.
5. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
3. How many children did Claudia Williams have?
4. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
5. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
2. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
3. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
4. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
5. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
6. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
7. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
8. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
9. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
10. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)