|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through family members.
(b) Through their own contacts.
(c) Through friendships.
(d) Through their parents.
2. How many children did Billy have?
3. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father and his girlfriend.
(c) His mother and her boyfriend.
(d) His grandparents.
4. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
5. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
2. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
3. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
4. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
5. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
2. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
3. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
4. What is child keeping?
5. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
6. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
7. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
8. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
9. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
10. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)