|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
2. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
3. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) Another maternal family member.
(c) The child's father or his mother.
(d) The maternal grandmother.
5. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
2. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
3. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
4. What was Ivy Rodgers boyfriends name?
5. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
2. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
3. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
4. What is child keeping?
5. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
6. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
7. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
8. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
9. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
10. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)