|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Michael Lee work?
(a) Sioux City.
(d) Des Moines.
2. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
3. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her sister
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) She did.
(d) Her mother.
4. What was name of Clover's son?
5. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) John Goodwin.
(b) Elliot Liebow.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) Alex Reaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
2. How old was Ruby Banks?
3. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
4. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
5. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
Short Essay Questions
1. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
2. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
3. According to Stack, what circumstances would cause a family to split up?
4. What is child keeping?
5. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
6. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
7. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
8. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
9. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
10. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)