|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
2. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
(a) Three months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Aunt Wilma.
(c) Aunt Ethel.
(d) Her mother.
4. How many children did Billy have?
5. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $20 per week.
(b) $10 per week.
(c) $5 per week.
(d) $15 per week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
2. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
3. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
4. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
2. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
3. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
4. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
5. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
6. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
7. According to Stack, who can be considered members of a child's network of kin?
8. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
9. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
10. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)