|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
(a) Lack of time.
(d) They are denied access to their children.
2. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
3. How old was Ruby Banks?
4. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
5. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
3. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
4. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
5. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
2. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
3. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
6. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
7. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
8. What is child keeping?
9. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
10. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)