|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
2. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
3. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
4. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister
(d) She did.
5. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her paternal grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Billy have?
2. How many children did Ruby have?
3. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
4. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
5. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
2. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
3. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
4. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
5. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
6. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
7. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
8. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
9. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
10. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)