|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
2. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
3. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
4. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(d) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
5. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt and uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
2. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
5. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
2. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
3. According to Stack, How do relationships with kin complicate relationships with boyfriends or girlfriends?
4. According to Stack, how does joblessness impact relationships between men and women?
5. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
6. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
7. What is Otis's relationship with his children like?
8. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
9. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
10. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)