|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
2. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She lost a child.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She was evicted.
(d) She got married.
3. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
4. How old was Ruby Banks?
5. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
2. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
3. How many children did Claudia Williams have?
4. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
5. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
2. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
3. What happened when the home that Sam Summer was living in had a leaky gas line?
4. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
5. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
6. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
7. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
8. According to Stack, what role do fathers typically play in their child's life?
9. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
10. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)