|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
2. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
3. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Their father.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
4. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His mother and her boyfriend.
(b) His father and his girlfriend.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandparents.
5. Where did Michael Lee work?
(c) Des Moines.
(d) Sioux City.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
2. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
3. Who raised Clover's daughter?
4. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
5. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
2. What is the response in the black community to the difficulties that mothers in poverty have?
3. According to Stack, how does a temporary child care situation become a permanent transfer of parental rights to the person watching the child?
4. How is motherhood viewed in the Flats?
5. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
6. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
7. According to Stack, how do those in the Flats view marriage?
8. What occurrences in the Flats force people to move almost constantly?
9. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
10. What happened when the AFDC learned of Magnolia's inheritance from her uncle?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)