|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
2. What was name of Clover's son?
3. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Seven months.
4. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Wilma.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
5. How many children did Billy have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
2. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
3. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
4. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Stack, what role does respect play in a person having rights to another person's child?
2. What is the life of Magnolia's sister Lydia like?
3. According to Stack, how are domestic networks formed and why do they changed?
4. What is the difference between essential kin and relatives?
5. What happened in Julia and Elliot's life when Elliot lost his job?
6. According to Chapter 6, what determines which household a person is a part of?
7. According to residents of the Flats, what is the difference between a mama and a mother?
8. According to residents of the Flats, what is a grandparental right?
9. What part does child keeping play in the ever changing living situations of the families in the Flats?
10. According to Stack, how do women in the Flats typically view men?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)