|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
2. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
(a) Five months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two months.
3. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His mother and her boyfriend.
(b) His father and his girlfriend.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His grandparents.
4. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
5. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
6. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
7. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her sister
(d) She did.
8. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
9. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
10. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
11. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
12. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
13. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother's boyfriend.
14. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
(a) A few months.
(b) one year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Their whole childhood.
15. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
2. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
3. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
4. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
5. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)