|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ruby Banks?
2. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her mother.
3. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through family members.
(b) Through their own contacts.
(c) Through friendships.
(d) Through their parents.
4. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
5. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
6. What was Ivy Rodgers boyfriends name?
7. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Her whole life.
(b) Most of her life.
(c) Six months.
(d) Ten years.
8. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
9. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
10. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
11. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) The child's father.
(c) The paternal grandmother.
(d) Their mother.
12. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
13. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
14. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
15. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
2. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
3. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
4. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
5. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)