|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She got married.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She lost a child.
2. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her older cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
4. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) The maternal grandmother.
(c) Another maternal family member.
(d) The child's father or his mother.
5. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
6. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
7. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
8. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
9. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
10. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
11. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her mother's boyfriend.
12. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Try to get close to them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Ask for things they need.
(d) Spend a lot of time with them.
13. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
14. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two months.
(b) One year.
(c) Seven months.
(d) Two years.
15. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) Her kin.
(b) The father.
(c) The father's kin.
(d) Friends of the family.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
2. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
3. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
4. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
5. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)