|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
2. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
3. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
4. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father and his girlfriend.
(c) His mother and her boyfriend.
(d) His grandparents.
5. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
6. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
7. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
8. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
9. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Aunt Ethel.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Aunt Wilma.
10. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) She did.
(c) Her sister
(d) Her grandmother.
11. How many children did Ruby have?
12. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
13. How old was Ruby Banks?
14. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
15. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
(a) As financial support.
(b) As caregivers.
(c) As friends.
(d) As worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
2. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
3. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
4. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
5. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)