|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
2. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
(a) Lack of time.
(d) They are denied access to their children.
3. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
4. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $10 per week.
(b) $15 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $5 per week.
5. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her paternal grandmother.
(c) Her aunt and uncle.
(d) Her father.
6. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
7. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
8. How many children did Ruby have?
9. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
10. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
11. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
12. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
13. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Two months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three months.
14. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(b) Great grandmother.
(d) Great grandfather.
15. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
2. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
3. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
4. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
5. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)