|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
2. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
3. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
4. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) The father's kin.
(b) Her kin.
(c) The father.
(d) Friends of the family.
5. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She got pregnant.
(c) She got married.
(d) She lost a child.
6. What was name of Clover's son?
7. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
(a) A few months.
(b) one year.
(c) Two years.
(d) Their whole childhood.
8. What was the name of Clover's husband?
9. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
10. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
11. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(c) Great grandmother.
(d) Great grandfather.
12. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Spend a lot of time with them.
(c) Ask for things they need.
(d) Try to get close to them.
13. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
14. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
15. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
(a) Three months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Eight months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
2. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
3. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
4. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
5. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)