|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) Family friends.
(c) People they develop relationships with.
(d) Their natural mother and father.
2. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
3. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His father and his girlfriend.
(b) His grandparents.
(c) His mother and her boyfriend.
(d) His aunt.
4. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
5. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
6. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) John Goodwin.
(b) Elliot Liebow.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) Alex Reaves.
7. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her uncle.
(c) Her mother's boyfriend.
(d) Her grandmother.
8. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) A maternal aunt.
(b) The child's father.
(c) The paternal grandmother.
(d) Their mother.
9. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Ethel.
(d) Aunt Wilma.
10. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Their father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
11. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
(b) Lack of time.
(c) They are denied access to their children.
12. Where did Michael Lee work?
(a) Des Moines.
(c) Sioux City.
13. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
14. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
15. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
(a) As caregivers.
(b) As worthless.
(c) As friends.
(d) As financial support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
2. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
3. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
4. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
5. Where did Ivy and her boyfriend move when they left the Flats?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)