|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
2. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Sunday and Tuesday.
(b) Thursday and Sunday.
(c) Wednesday and Monday.
(d) Friday and Saturday.
3. How long did Julia's second child's father work at the factory before getting laid off?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) Five months.
(d) Six months.
4. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother's boyfriend.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
5. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(a) Great grandfather.
(c) Great grandmother.
6. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
7. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
8. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
9. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
10. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through their parents.
(b) Through their own contacts.
(c) Through friendships.
(d) Through family members.
11. Where did Michael Lee work?
(b) Des Moines.
(c) Sioux City.
12. What was name of Clover's son?
13. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Try to get close to them.
(c) Spend a lot of time with them.
(d) Ask for things they need.
14. What was the name of Clover's husband?
15. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two years.
(b) Seven months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
2. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
3. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
4. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
5. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)