|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
2. How many children did Ruby have?
3. Where did Ivy and her boyfriend move when they left the Flats?
(a) Des Moines, IA.
(c) Gary, Indiana.
(d) Denver, CO.
4. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
5. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
6. Where did Michael Lee work?
(a) Des Moines.
(d) Sioux City.
7. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) The paternal grandmother.
(b) A maternal aunt.
(c) Their mother.
(d) The child's father.
8. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) She did.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister
9. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) Elliot Liebow.
(b) Carol Stack.
(c) Alex Reaves.
(d) John Goodwin.
10. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Try to get close to them.
(b) Ignore them.
(c) Spend a lot of time with them.
(d) Ask for things they need.
11. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
12. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
13. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through their parents.
(b) Through friendships.
(c) Through family members.
(d) Through their own contacts.
14. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
15. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
2. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
3. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
4. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
5. How much money did Magnolia inherit from her uncle?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)