|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
(a) As financial support.
(b) As friends.
(c) As caregivers.
(d) As worthless.
2. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Three months.
3. How old was Ruby Banks?
4. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
(a) She was evicted.
(b) She got married.
(c) She got pregnant.
(d) She lost a child.
5. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
6. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
7. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
8. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
9. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
10. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
11. What was the name of Clover's husband?
12. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
13. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
14. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
15. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Most of her life.
(c) Six months.
(d) Her whole life.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
2. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
3. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
4. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
5. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)