|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her older cousin.
2. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
3. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
4. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
5. What was name of Clover's son?
6. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Aunt Wilma.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
7. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
8. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
9. How many children did Geraldine Penney have?
10. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
11. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(b) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(c) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
(d) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
12. What were the house numbers on Cricket St. where most of Michael's kin lived?
(a) 16, 18, and 20.
(b) 22, 24, and 28.
(c) 14, 16, and 18.
(d) 16, 18, and 22.
13. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Ignore them.
(b) Try to get close to them.
(c) Spend a lot of time with them.
(d) Ask for things they need.
14. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three months.
15. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
2. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
3. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
4. How many children did Billy have?
5. What made it hard for fathers to spend time with their kids if the mother had a boyfriend?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)