|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
2. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) The father.
(b) The father's kin.
(c) Her kin.
(d) Friends of the family.
3. Who raised Clover's daughter?
(a) Her mother.
(b) She did.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her sister
4. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
5. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her older cousin.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her aunt.
6. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
7. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
(a) A few months.
(b) Two years.
(c) Their whole childhood.
(d) one year.
8. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(b) People they develop relationships with.
(c) Their natural mother and father.
(d) Family friends.
9. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $20 per week.
(b) $5 per week.
(c) $15 per week.
(d) $10 per week.
10. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
11. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) The child's father.
(b) The paternal grandmother.
(c) Their mother.
(d) A maternal aunt.
12. How old was Ruby when her first child was born?
13. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Two months.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One year.
14. How much money did Ivy's boyfriend put down on her ring when they got engaged?
15. What days of the week did Amanda stay with her uncle?
(a) Friday and Saturday.
(b) Thursday and Sunday.
(c) Sunday and Tuesday.
(d) Wednesday and Monday.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Billy have?
2. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
3. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
4. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
5. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)