|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Ruby have?
2. According to residents of the Flats, who typically raised a young girl's first child?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) She does.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her older sister.
3. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Two months.
(d) Seven months.
4. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
5. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
6. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
7. What was the name of Clover Greer's daughter?
8. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
9. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
10. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
11. Who wrote that "the job fails the man, and the man fails the job"?
(a) Alex Reaves.
(b) John Goodwin.
(c) Carol Stack.
(d) Elliot Liebow.
12. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
13. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
14. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
15. Where did Ivy and her boyfriend move when they left the Flats?
(a) Denver, CO.
(c) Gary, Indiana.
(d) Des Moines, IA.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
2. How many children did Billy have?
3. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
4. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
5. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)