|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was name of Clover's son?
2. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Four months.
(b) Two months.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
3. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Aunt Wilma.
(d) Aunt Ethel.
4. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
5. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
6. How many people were living in Lydia Watson's home when her sisters family moved in?
7. Who took Loretta in when she turned five?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her father.
8. How many children did Billy have?
9. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
10. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through their parents.
(b) Through family members.
(c) Through friendships.
(d) Through their own contacts.
11. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Most of her life.
(d) Her whole life.
12. Where did Ivy and her boyfriend move when they left the Flats?
(a) Gary, Indiana.
(c) Denver, CO.
(d) Des Moines, IA.
13. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(b) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
14. What was the name of Clover's husband?
15. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
2. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
3. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
4. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
5. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)