|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
2. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Try to get close to them.
(b) Spend a lot of time with them.
(c) Ask for things they need.
(d) Ignore them.
3. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
4. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
5. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
6. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through friendships.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through family members.
(d) Through their own contacts.
7. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
8. How many children did Claudia Williams have?
9. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their mothers kin at some point in their lives?
10. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
(a) Three months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Eight months.
11. How old was Yvonne Diamond?
12. What was the name of Lottie's baby's father?
13. How old was Ruby Banks?
14. Who moved in with Amanda Johnson's family to help out when they were struggling?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her older cousin.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
15. How many houses away did Ruby and her mother move when they left her grandparents?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
2. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
3. How long did Henrietta Davis's mother take care of Henrietta's children?
4. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
5. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)