|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died what was the top choice?
(a) The child's father.
(b) The paternal grandmother.
(c) A maternal aunt.
(d) Their mother.
2. How many sisters did Magnolia have?
3. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Six months.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
4. According to Stack who did those in the Flats expect to help a mother with her child?
(a) The father's kin.
(b) Her kin.
(c) The father.
(d) Friends of the family.
5. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
6. According to Stack, how did people in the Flats acquire kin?
(a) Through friendships.
(b) Through their parents.
(c) Through family members.
(d) Through their own contacts.
7. What female family member did Georgia and her children live with?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Aunt Ethel.
(c) Aunt Wilma.
(d) Her mother.
8. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
9. How old was Ruby Banks?
10. What was the name of Julia's second child's father?
11. How did Lottie's mother feel when she found out her daughter was pregnant?
12. What is the total number of children that Magnolia and Calvin had?
13. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
14. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
15. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(c) Great grandmother.
(d) Great grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Magnolia Waters when she met Calvin?
2. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
3. How much money did Magnolia's niece borrow to pay her phone bill?
4. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
5. How many children did Ruby have?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)