|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Stack, who did anthropologists consider people kinsman of?
(a) Family friends.
(b) People they develop relationships with.
(c) Their natural mother and father.
2. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
(a) The child's father or his mother.
(b) The maternal grandmother.
(c) Another maternal family member.
(d) A maternal aunt.
3. Where did Michael Lee work?
(b) Sioux City.
(c) Des Moines.
4. For about how many years did Magnolia's sister Lydia remove herself from the family?
5. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
6. How old was Ruby Banks when she first met her father?
7. Who did Terence Platt live with when he was a child?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father and his girlfriend.
(c) His grandparents.
(d) His mother and her boyfriend.
8. How long did Otis stay with Ruby's uncle?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Eight months.
(d) One year.
9. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(c) Great grandmother.
(d) Great grandfather.
10. How old was Bernard Smith when he went to live with his father?
11. According to Stack, who were the disciplinarians in the lives of most children in the Flats?
12. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
13. How long had Georgia lived with her female family member?
(a) Most of her life.
(b) Her whole life.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Six months.
14. How long was Magnolia given by the AFDC to spend the inheritance she received from her uncle?
(a) Four months.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
15. According to Stack, how did mothers typically view the fathers of their children?
(a) As financial support.
(b) As friends.
(c) As caregivers.
(d) As worthless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Ann's sisters names?
2. How old was Lottie James when she got pregnant?
3. According to Stack's survey, what percent of children lived with their fathers kin at some point in their lives?
4. What was Ivy Rodgers boyfriends name?
5. What happened to Yvonne soon after she moved to the Flats?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)