|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Claudia Williams children's father?
2. How many children did Claudia Williams have?
3. How old was Clover Greer when she had her first child?
4. How old was Loretta when she went to live with her mother?
5. What was the name of the cousin that Julia Ambrose lived with?
6. How many months pregnant was Julia when she moved in with her mother?
(a) Six months.
(b) Four months.
(c) Two months.
(d) Three months.
7. Approximately how many winter coats did Magnolia buy for her children and grandchildren?
8. Who bought Amanda Johnson's clothes when she was a child?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her mother's boyfriend.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her grandmother.
9. How many of the 188 AFDC mothers surveyed by Stack were raising their own children?
10. For how long did Violet leave her children with her relative?
(a) Two months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
11. How much did the AFDC give Magnolia and Calvin for rent each month?
12. Who was Loretta Smart raised by until she turned five?
(a) Great grandmother.
(c) Great grandfather.
13. How much did Ann offer to pay Georgia to watch her daughter?
(a) $5 per week.
(b) $15 per week.
(c) $20 per week.
(d) $10 per week.
14. What were Ann's sisters names?
(a) Ethel, Georgia, and Madge.
(b) Georgia, Joann, and Madge.
(c) Wilma, Joann, and Ethel.
(d) Ethel, Wilma, and Georgia.
15. What were children encouraged to do when visiting their fathers?
(a) Spend a lot of time with them.
(b) Ask for things they need.
(c) Try to get close to them.
(d) Ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Violet leave her two older children with when she moved?
2. According to Stack's survey what percent of fathers in the Flats openly acknowledged their children?
3. What was the name of Clover's husband?
4. According to the Stack's survey, what percent of recognized "mamas" were a child's natural mother?
5. When 188 mothers were surveyed on who they would choose to raise their children if they died, who was the second choice?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)