Quiz: Chapter 2: The Black Urban Poor
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
Directions: Circle the correct answer.
1. In what year did Stack begin her study?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
a) The status quo.
b) Popular stereotypes.
c) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
d) That they are unreliable.
3. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
4. What causes the poor to create ways to cope with circumstances out of their control?
a) The white community.
b) The nature of the American economy.
d) Their lack of resources.
5. What is a family called when...
This section contains 260 words|
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)