One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6: Domestic Networks.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Stack begin her study?
2. According to Stack, what common belief do most studies of blacks reinforce?
(a) That they are unwilling to get ahead in life.
(b) That they are unreliable.
(c) The status quo.
(d) Popular stereotypes.
3. According to Stack, what do most studies of the poor black communities not acknowledge?
(a) Their dependency on kin.
(b) Their ability to think outside the box.
(c) Their ingenuity.
(d) Their resourcefulness.
4. How many children did Ruby have?
5. What was name of Clover's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Yvonne Diamond have when she moved to the Flats?
2. According to government statistics, what prevents people from escaping poverty?
3. What is the title of William Ryan's book?
4. What was the name of the man who Billy considered to be her father?
5. What is a family with both a mother and father called?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)