|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
2. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
3. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
4. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
5. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
2. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
3. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
4. Who was Peninnah?
5. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
6. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
7. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
8. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
9. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
10. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)