Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the basis of what did Pilate's wife give her husband a warning?
2. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
3. What was wrong with the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
4. How many concubines did King David have?
5. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Discuss the depiction of fallen women in the Bible using Rahab, Gomer, and the Samaritan woman at the well as examples. In what ways were these fallen women metaphors for Israel or for the church? Is there a difference in male attitudes toward fallen women in the Old and New Testaments?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)