|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
2. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
3. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
4. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
5. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
2. Who was Keturah?
3. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
4. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
5. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
6. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
7. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
8. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
9. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
10. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)