|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did an angel ask Mary Magdalene after Christ's death?
2. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
3. What did Simon Peter's mother-in-law do once she was healed?
4. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
5. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast any three of the women healed by Christ in the New Testament. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)