|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
2. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
3. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
4. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
5. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of fallen women in the Bible using Rahab, Gomer, and the Samaritan woman at the well as examples. In what ways were these fallen women metaphors for Israel or for the church? Is there a difference in male attitudes toward fallen women in the Old and New Testaments?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)