|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
2. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
3. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
4. Who was the first person to proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
5. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ahinoam?
2. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
5. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
6. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
7. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
8. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
9. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
10. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of polygamy in the Old Testament using at least three of the following men and their wives as examples: Lamech, Jacob, Elkanah, King David, and King Solomon. How did the practice of polygamy affect women? How did the practice of polygamy affect children and their ability to inherit? In what ways was polygamy a metaphor for idolatry? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)