|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
2. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
3. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
4. On the basis of what did Pilate's wife give her husband a warning?
5. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
2. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
5. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
6. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
7. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
8. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
9. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
10. Who was Ahinoam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women as temptresses or corrupters of men in the Bible using Eve, Potiphar's wife, and Delilah as examples.
Essay Topic 2
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)