|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first person to proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
2. What did an angel ask Mary Magdalene after Christ's death?
3. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
4. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
5. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
2. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
3. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
4. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
5. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
6. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
7. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
8. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
9. Who was Ahinoam?
10. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Deborah and her role as a judge. Was her judiciary power typical or atypical of women in her era? How did she demonstrate leadership during war? Was her wartime behavior typical or atypical of women in her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)