|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
2. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
3. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
4. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
5. Who was Adah?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
2. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
3. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
4. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
5. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
6. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
7. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
8. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
9. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
10. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
Essay Topic 2
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)