|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
2. What did an angel ask Mary Magdalene after Christ's death?
3. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
4. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
5. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
2. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
3. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
4. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
5. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
6. Who was Keturah?
7. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
8. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
9. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
10. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)