|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
2. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
3. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
4. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
5. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
2. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
3. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
4. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
5. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
6. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
7. Who was Keturah?
8. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
9. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
10. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)