|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
2. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
3. What was wrong with the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
4. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
5. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
2. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
3. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
4. Who was Ahinoam?
5. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
6. Who was Keturah?
7. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
8. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
9. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
10. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)