|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
2. What did Simon Peter's mother-in-law do once she was healed?
3. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
4. What was Mary Magdalene the first woman to see after Christ's death?
5. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
2. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
3. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
4. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
5. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
6. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
7. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
8. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
9. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
10. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Esther, Ruth, and Rebekah. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ruth's relationship with Naomi. How did this relationship parallel the relationship of God with Israel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)