|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
2. Who was Adah?
3. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
4. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
5. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
2. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
5. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
6. Who was Keturah?
7. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
8. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
9. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
10. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women as temptresses or corrupters of men in the Bible using Eve, Potiphar's wife, and Delilah as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)