|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
2. How many wives did King Solomon have?
3. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
4. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
5. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
2. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
3. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
4. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
5. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
6. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
7. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
8. Who was Peninnah?
9. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
10. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ruth's relationship with Naomi. How did this relationship parallel the relationship of God with Israel? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)