|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the dishonest act Sapphira and her husband committed?
3. Who was Jemima?
4. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
5. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
2. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
3. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
4. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
5. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
6. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
7. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
8. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
9. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
10. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)