|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
2. What did the wise woman of Tekoah persuade King David to do?
3. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
4. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
5. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
2. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
3. Who was Keturah?
4. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
5. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
6. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
7. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
8. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
9. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
10. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the Widow of Zarephath and the Shunammite woman, and their experiences with Elijah and Elisha. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,080 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)