|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
2. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
3. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
4. Which of the following statements does not describe the dishonest act Sapphira and her husband committed?
5. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women as temptresses or corrupters of men in the Bible using Eve, Potiphar's wife, and Delilah as examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)