|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Abraham's second wife?
2. To whom was Sapphira married?
3. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
4. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
5. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Keturah?
2. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
3. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
4. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
5. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
6. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
7. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
8. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
9. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
10. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Widow of Zarephath and the Shunammite woman, and their experiences with Elijah and Elisha. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,115 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)