|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Adah?
2. Who were Salome's children?
3. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
4. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
5. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
2. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
3. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
4. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
5. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
6. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
7. Who was Ahinoam?
8. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
9. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
10. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,151 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)