|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
2. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
3. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
4. What was the name of Elisabeth's husband?
5. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Peninnah?
2. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
3. Who was Ahinoam?
4. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
5. Who was Keturah?
6. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
7. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
8. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
9. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
10. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of fallen women in the Bible using Rahab, Gomer, and the Samaritan woman at the well as examples. In what ways were these fallen women metaphors for Israel or for the church? Is there a difference in male attitudes toward fallen women in the Old and New Testaments?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)