|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ahasuerus do when Queen Vashti disobeyed him?
2. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
3. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
4. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
5. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
2. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
3. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
4. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
5. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
6. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
7. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
8. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
9. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
10. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)