|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Zilpah?
2. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
3. What prophet advised Jezebel to cease her worship of idols?
4. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
5. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
2. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
3. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
4. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
5. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
6. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
7. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
8. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
9. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
10. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Pick any three of the unnamed women or unnamed groups of women in the Bible and discuss their importance, despite their anonymity. What did their unnamed status say about the role of women in Middle Eastern society during Bible times? How might the stories of these women differ if their societies had been matriarchal rather than patriarchal societies?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)