|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
2. What was Dinah's relationship to Leah and Jacob?
3. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
4. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
5. How old was Eve's husband when she gave birth to a third son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
2. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
5. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
6. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
7. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
8. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
9. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
10. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of fallen women in the Bible using Rahab, Gomer, and the Samaritan woman at the well as examples. In what ways were these fallen women metaphors for Israel or for the church? Is there a difference in male attitudes toward fallen women in the Old and New Testaments?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast at least three of the following queens: Queen Jezebel, Queen Athaliah, Queen Vashti, the Queen of Sheba and Queen Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,753 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)