|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
2. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
3. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
4. What was the name of Jochebed's daughter?
5. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
2. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
3. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
4. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
5. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
6. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
7. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
8. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
9. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
10. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of women as temptresses or corrupters of men in the Bible using Eve, Potiphar's wife, and Delilah as examples.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)