|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tamar's second husband died, why did she visit her father-in-law in disguise?
2. Where did Eve and her husband live?
3. Which of Rebekah's sons was polygamous, having two wives?
4. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
5. Who bore Jacob's first four sons?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
2. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
3. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
4. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
5. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
6. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
7. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
8. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
9. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
10. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Deborah and her role as a judge. Was her judiciary power typical or atypical of women in her era? How did she demonstrate leadership during war? Was her wartime behavior typical or atypical of women in her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)