Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
2. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
3. What task did Abraham give Eliezer on behalf of his son, Isaac?
4. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
5. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
2. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
3. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
4. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
5. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
6. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
7. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
8. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
9. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
10. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the Marys from the New Testament: Mary the mother of Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of John Mark, and Mary the sister of Martha. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,749 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)