|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did King Ahasuerus give to Esther?
2. What act of Rebekah's did Eliezer think was a sign from God?
3. Who was Zilpah?
4. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
5. Whose son did the prophet Elisha raise from the dead?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
2. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
3. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
4. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
5. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
6. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
7. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
8. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
9. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
10. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,057 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)