|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Eve's second son?
2. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
3. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
4. How old was Eve's husband when she gave birth to a third son?
5. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
2. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
3. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
4. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
5. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
6. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
7. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
8. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
9. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
10. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Widow of Zarephath and the Shunammite woman, and their experiences with Elijah and Elisha. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women as temptresses or corrupters of men in the Bible using Eve, Potiphar's wife, and Delilah as examples.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,137 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)