|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
2. What was the name of Eve's first son?
3. Which of the following is not a name given to Mary, the mother of Jesus?
4. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
5. What creature tempted Eve to disobey God?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
2. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
3. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
4. Who was Peninnah?
5. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
6. Who was Keturah?
7. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
8. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
9. Who was Ahinoam?
10. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Widow of Zarephath and the Shunammite woman, and their experiences with Elijah and Elisha. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the depiction of fallen women in the Bible using Rahab, Gomer, and the Samaritan woman at the well as examples. In what ways were these fallen women metaphors for Israel or for the church? Is there a difference in male attitudes toward fallen women in the Old and New Testaments?
This section contains 1,696 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)