|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mary's relationship to Elisabeth?
2. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
3. Why did Dinah's brothers object to her husband?
4. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
5. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
2. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
3. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
4. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
5. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
6. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
7. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
8. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
9. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
10. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of polygamy in the Old Testament using at least three of the following men and their wives as examples: Lamech, Jacob, Elkanah, King David, and King Solomon. How did the practice of polygamy affect women? How did the practice of polygamy affect children and their ability to inherit? In what ways was polygamy a metaphor for idolatry? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast any three of the women healed by Christ in the New Testament. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Esther, Ruth, and Rebekah. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,198 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)