|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
2. To where did Potiphar send his Hebrew overseer as a result of his wife's lies about the servant?
3. What promise did God make to Sarah?
4. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
5. What honor did King Ahasuerus give to Esther?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
2. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
3. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
4. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
5. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
6. Why did Simeon and Levi murder their sister Dinah's husband Shechem?
7. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
8. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
9. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
10. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of polygamy in the Old Testament using at least three of the following men and their wives as examples: Lamech, Jacob, Elkanah, King David, and King Solomon. How did the practice of polygamy affect women? How did the practice of polygamy affect children and their ability to inherit? In what ways was polygamy a metaphor for idolatry? Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Deborah and her role as a judge. Was her judiciary power typical or atypical of women in her era? How did she demonstrate leadership during war? Was her wartime behavior typical or atypical of women in her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,178 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)