|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Bilhah?
2. How many children did Rebekah have?
3. Who was the first woman in the Bible to die in childbirth?
4. To where did Potiphar send his Hebrew overseer as a result of his wife's lies about the servant?
5. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
2. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
3. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
4. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
5. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
6. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
7. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
8. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
9. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
10. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Drusilla and Bernice with Mary and Martha as sisters and in their response to the gospel. What did these pairs of sisters reflect about the importance of women in both the spread of Christianity and the persecution of Christians? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 998 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)