|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rebekah's sons was polygamous, having two wives?
2. Who did Haman want to hang?
3. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
4. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
5. What was the name of Eve's second son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
2. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
3. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
4. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
5. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
6. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
7. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
8. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
9. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
10. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Eve and Mary, the mother of Christ, as archetypes for motherhood. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the depiction of women in the Bible as daughters, wives, mothers, and widows. What did these traditional female roles depict about Middle Eastern society during biblical times and the status of women in that society? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Esther, Ruth, and Rebekah. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)