|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
2. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
3. What was the name of Eve's first son?
4. What was Ruth's relationship to Naomi?
5. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
2. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
3. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
4. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
5. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
6. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
7. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
8. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
9. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
10. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast any three of the women healed by Christ in the New Testament. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tamar, Lot's daughters, Sarah and Hannah as examples of the importance of motherhood in Middle Eastern society during the Bible era. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)