|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Esther's birth name?
2. Which of the following is not a name given to Mary, the mother of Jesus?
3. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
4. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
5. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
2. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
3. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
4. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
5. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
6. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
7. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
8. Why did Simeon and Levi murder their sister Dinah's husband Shechem?
9. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
10. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the Widow of Zarephath and the Shunammite woman, and their experiences with Elijah and Elisha. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Esther, Ruth, and Rebekah. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)