|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Simeon and Levi murder?
2. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
3. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
4. In what country did Esther live?
5. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
2. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
3. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
4. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
5. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
6. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
7. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
8. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
9. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
10. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the qualities of a virtuous woman listed in the book of Proverbs and discussed by Edith Deen in her book All the Women of the Bible. Give two examples of women in the Bible who exemplified these virtues and two examples of women in the Bible who did not exemplify these virtues.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast any three of the women healed by Christ in the New Testament. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,024 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)