|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
2. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
3. What was the name of Deborah's husband?
4. What honor did King Ahasuerus give to Esther?
5. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
2. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
5. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
6. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
7. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
8. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
9. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
10. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the role of women in the early church. Were women allowed to preach or teach, or was their role a supportive one? Were women in the New Testament allowed a greater leadership role than women during the Old Testament era were? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Abraham's relationship with Sarah and her son with his relationship with Hagar and her son. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Deborah and her role as a judge. Was her judiciary power typical or atypical of women in her era? How did she demonstrate leadership during war? Was her wartime behavior typical or atypical of women in her era? Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
This section contains 1,606 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)