|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bore Jacob's first four sons?
2. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
3. What was the name of Jochebed's daughter?
4. Who did Haman want to hang?
5. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
2. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
3. Why did Simeon and Levi murder their sister Dinah's husband Shechem?
4. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
5. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
6. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
7. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
8. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
9. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
10. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Esther, Ruth, and Rebekah. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the daughters of Zelophedad and their fight to inherit their father's property during an era in which women had no property rights. Cite examples from the text to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast at least three of the following mothers: Hannah, Rebekah, Elisabeth, Mary the mother of Christ, and Herodias. Cite examples from the text to support your conclusions.
This section contains 1,106 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)