|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
(d) John the Baptist.
2. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
(a) They were arrested.
(b) They were excommunicated from the church.
(c) They were publicly denounced by the apostles.
(d) They fell over dead.
3. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
(a) Rebekah and Dorcas.
(b) Hannah and Peninnah.
(c) Rachel and Leah.
(d) Bilpah and Phebe.
4. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
5. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
2. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
3. Who was the first person to proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
4. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
5. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
2. Who was Ahinoam?
3. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
4. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
5. Who was Keturah?
6. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
7. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
8. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
9. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
10. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)