|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Thessalonica.
(b) The Church in Rome.
(c) The Church in Joppa.
(d) The Church in Alexandria.
2. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
(a) Eighteen years.
(b) Twenty four days.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Five years.
3. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
(b) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
(c) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
(d) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
4. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
(a) They were publicly denounced by the apostles.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They fell over dead.
(d) They were excommunicated from the church.
5. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
2. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
3. For what did Jesus ask the Samaritan woman?
4. From how many demons did Jesus heal Mary Magdalene?
5. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
2. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
3. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
4. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
5. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
6. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
7. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
8. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
9. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
10. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
This section contains 1,097 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)