|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Salome's husband?
2. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A Hittite queen.
(c) A leper.
(d) A false prophetess.
3. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
4. How many wives did King Solomon have?
(d) Seven hundred.
5. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(b) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
(c) From a Latin word meaning light.
(d) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
2. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
3. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
4. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
5. Which of the following statements does not describe the dishonest act Sapphira and her husband committed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
2. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
3. Who was Ahinoam?
4. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
5. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
6. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
7. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
8. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
9. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
10. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)