|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
2. How many wives did King Solomon have?
(a) Seven hundred.
3. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A leper.
(c) A false prophetess.
(d) A Hittite queen.
4. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(b) He was a Roman centurion.
(c) He was a silk merchant.
(d) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
5. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
(b) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
(c) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
(d) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many concubines did King David have?
2. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
3. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
4. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
5. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
2. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
3. Who was Peninnah?
4. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
5. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
6. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
7. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
8. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
9. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
10. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)