|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
2. From how many demons did Jesus heal Mary Magdalene?
3. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Shallum's daughters.
(b) Heman's daughters.
(c) Lot's daughters.
(d) Lamech's daughters.
4. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
(a) Living water.
5. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(b) He doubted the woman's faith.
(c) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(d) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
2. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
3. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
4. Who were Salome's children?
5. What was wrong with the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
2. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
3. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
4. Who was Keturah?
5. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
6. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
7. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
8. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
9. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
10. Who was Ahinoam?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)