|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Simon Peter's mother-in-law do once she was healed?
(a) She begged Jesus to heal the whole town.
(b) She ministered to the others present in her room.
(c) She sang a song of joy.
(d) She tried to pay Jesus for healing her.
2. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
(b) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
(c) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
(d) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
3. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(a) Julia Ariana.
(c) Claudia Procula.
4. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
5. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
2. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
3. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
4. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
5. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
2. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
3. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
4. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
5. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
6. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
7. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
8. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
9. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
10. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)