|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
(a) She was her sister.
(b) She was her mother-in-law.
(c) She was her aunt.
(d) She was her daughter.
2. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
(b) John the Baptist.
3. Who were Salome's children?
(a) Matthew and Mark.
(b) James and John, two of Christ's disciples.
(c) Luke and Jeremiah.
(d) Ananias and Sapphira.
4. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(d) The worship of idols.
5. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
(a) King David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the dishonest act Sapphira and her husband committed?
3. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
4. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
5. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
2. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
3. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
4. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
5. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
6. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
7. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
8. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
9. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
10. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)