|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
(a) She was his mother's friend.
(b) She was his mother's maid.
(c) She was his mother's sister.
(d) She was his mother's cousin.
2. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
(b) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(c) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
(d) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
4. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
(b) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
(c) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
(d) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
5. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many times had the Samaritan woman been married?
2. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
3. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
4. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
5. Who was Adah?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
2. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
3. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
4. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
5. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
6. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
7. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
8. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
9. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
10. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)