|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Greek Orthodox Church.
2. Which of the following statements does not describe the dishonest act Sapphira and her husband committed?
(a) They gave all they had to the church.
(b) They said they gave all money from the sale to the church.
(c) They sold property.
(d) They kept part of the proceeds from the sale.
3. Who was the mother of King Joash of Judah?
4. What did Jesus say made the woman with the issue of blood whole?
(a) Her doctors.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her prayers.
(d) His divinity.
5. What was the name of Salome's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
2. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
3. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
4. Who were Salome's children?
5. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
2. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
3. Who was Keturah?
4. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
5. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
6. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
7. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
8. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
9. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
10. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)