|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the basis of what did Pilate's wife give her husband a warning?
(a) A message from archangel Michael.
(b) An overheard conversation.
(c) A dream.
(d) Gossip from other women.
2. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
(a) She was his mother's cousin.
(b) She was his mother's friend.
(c) She was his mother's sister.
(d) She was his mother's maid.
3. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
(a) At a dance.
(b) At a well.
(c) At a friend's wedding.
(d) At a friend's funeral.
4. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
(a) Hannah and Peninnah.
(b) Rebekah and Dorcas.
(c) Rachel and Leah.
(d) Bilpah and Phebe.
5. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
2. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
3. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
4. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
5. Who was Herodias?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
2. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
3. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
4. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
5. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
6. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
7. Who was Peninnah?
8. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
9. How did Sapphira and her husband Ananias try to deceive the early church, and what was their greatest sin?
10. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)