|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
(a) Twenty four days.
(b) Eighteen years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Eight weeks.
2. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
3. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
(a) Women whose mothers had abandoned them.
(b) Women descended from Abraham.
(c) Women whose fathers were widowers.
(d) Women descended from Cain.
4. Who were James the less and Joses?
(a) The sons of Mary and Cleophas.
(b) The sons of Elisabeth and Zacharias.
(c) The cousins of the disciple Matthew.
(d) The Roman centurions who hung Christ on the cross.
5. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
(c) King David.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Adah?
2. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
3. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
4. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
5. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
2. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
3. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
4. Who was Herodias, and what role did she have in the death of John the Baptist?
5. Who was Keturah?
6. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
7. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
8. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
9. Who was Peninnah?
10. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)