|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Jemima?
(a) One of King Solomon's concubines.
(b) A leper healed by Peter.
(c) One of King David's concubines.
(d) The eldest of Job's daughters born after his restoration.
2. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
(a) Women descended from Abraham.
(b) Women descended from Cain.
(c) Women whose fathers were widowers.
(d) Women whose mothers had abandoned them.
3. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) She already had a son named Zacharias.
(b) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
(c) The angel told her to name the baby John.
(d) She hated Zacharias' name.
4. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Lamech's daughters.
(b) Lot's daughters.
(c) Heman's daughters.
(d) Shallum's daughters.
5. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(d) The worship of idols.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
2. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
3. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
4. For what did Jesus ask the Samaritan woman?
5. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
2. How long did the woman with the issue of blood suffer from her condition, and how did she get healed?
3. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
4. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
5. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
6. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
7. Who was Keturah?
8. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
9. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
10. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)