|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
(a) She had an allergic reaction to the medicines.
(b) She grew worse.
(c) She lost her eyesight.
(d) She got better, but wasn't totally healed.
2. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
3. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
(a) At a friend's wedding.
(b) At a well.
(c) At a friend's funeral.
(d) At a dance.
4. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Heman's daughters.
(b) Lamech's daughters.
(c) Shallum's daughters.
(d) Lot's daughters.
5. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
2. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
3. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
4. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
5. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
2. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
3. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
4. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
5. Who was Peninnah?
6. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
7. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
8. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
9. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
10. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)