|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
(a) Stealing a neighbor's necklace.
(b) Withholding part of the proceeds of the sale of her land.
(c) Coveting a neighbor's riches.
(d) Lying to the Holy Spirit.
2. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Lamech's daughters.
(b) Heman's daughters.
(c) Shallum's daughters.
(d) Lot's daughters.
3. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
(a) Five months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twelve years.
4. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
5. Who were James the less and Joses?
(a) The Roman centurions who hung Christ on the cross.
(b) The cousins of the disciple Matthew.
(c) The sons of Elisabeth and Zacharias.
(d) The sons of Mary and Cleophas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
2. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
3. Who was Noadiah?
4. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
5. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Ahinoam?
2. Who was Keturah?
3. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
4. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
5. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
6. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
7. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
8. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
9. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
10. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)