|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(a) Seven tumors.
(b) A nervous disorder.
(d) A split personality.
2. What did an angel ask Mary Magdalene after Christ's death?
(a) Where Jesus was.
(b) Why Jesus had been killed.
(c) Why she wept.
(d) Why she had come to Jesus' tomb.
3. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
4. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
(b) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
(c) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
(d) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
5. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
2. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
3. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
4. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
5. What did the wise woman of Tekoah persuade King David to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
2. How did Christ usually heal people, and what was different about the way he healed the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter?
3. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
4. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
5. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
6. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
7. What role did Mary, the mother of James and Joses, have in Christ's life and ministry?
8. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
9. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
10. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
This section contains 1,117 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)