|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(b) Mary burned dinner.
(c) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
(d) Mary was rude to Jesus.
2. What was the name of Salome's husband?
3. For what did Jesus ask the Samaritan woman?
(a) Directions to the local temple.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) A room in which to spend the night.
(d) A meal.
4. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
(a) She got better, but wasn't totally healed.
(b) She grew worse.
(c) She had an allergic reaction to the medicines.
(d) She lost her eyesight.
5. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(b) From a Latin word meaning light.
(c) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
(d) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom was Sapphira married?
2. What was the name of Elisabeth's husband?
3. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
4. What was the name of Abraham's second wife?
5. What prophet multiplied the oil of an impoverished widow who had an unpaid debt for which her creditors wanted her to sell her sons as slaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
2. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
3. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
4. What encounters did Mary and Martha and their brother Lazarus have with Christ?
5. How did Jesus heal the woman with the spirit of infirmity?
6. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
7. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
8. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
9. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
10. Who was Peninnah?
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)