|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
(a) Their brothers were younger than them.
(b) Their father died without sons.
(c) Their brothers were criminals.
(d) They were their father's favorite children.
2. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
3. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
4. Which of the following statements is true about Eve?
(a) She was the tenth woman.
(b) She was the first woman.
(c) She was queen of Egypt.
(d) She worshiped idols.
5. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
(a) Weaving cloth.
(b) Dancing at her sister's wedding.
(c) Millking a cow.
(d) Tending her father's sheep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the levirate marriage law?
2. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
3. Who did Simeon and Levi murder?
4. Who was Ishmael?
5. What was the name of Deborah's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
2. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
3. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
4. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
5. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
6. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
7. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
8. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
9. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
10. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)