Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
2. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a funeral.
(b) At a market place in Jordan.
(c) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
(d) At a wedding.
3. What task did Abraham give Eliezer on behalf of his son, Isaac?
(a) To find a new home for Isaac.
(b) To find a medicine to cure Isaac's blindness.
(c) To find a market for Isaac's sheep and cattle.
(d) To find a wife for Isaac.
4. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(b) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(c) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
(d) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
5. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) Her first husband's father.
(b) A cousin.
(c) Er's brother Onan.
(d) A wealthy older shepherd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
2. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
3. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
4. Who did Haman want to hang?
5. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
2. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
3. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
4. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
5. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
6. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
7. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
8. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
9. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
10. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)