|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
(a) One thousand.
(c) Five hundred.
(d) Nine hundred.
2. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
(a) A law forbidding women to speak in public.
(b) A law allowing the oldest child, male or female, to inherit.
(c) A law forbidding women to inherit property.
(d) A law letting daughters inherit if a man died without sons.
3. What did King Ahasuerus do when Queen Vashti disobeyed him?
(a) He had her killed.
(b) He had her publicly whipped.
(c) He fined her a large sum of money.
(d) He divorced her and gave her royal position to another.
4. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He rebuked her for tempting him.
(b) He ignored her.
(c) He divorced her.
(d) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
5. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
(b) She killed her husband.
(c) She lied.
(d) She stole another woman's child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What task did Abraham give Eliezer on behalf of his son, Isaac?
2. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
3. Which of the following statements is true about Eve?
4. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
5. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
2. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
3. What message did the angel Gabriel give Zacharias and his wife Elisabeth, and what happened to Zacharias when he didn't believe the angel's message?
4. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
5. What does the fact that so many of the women mentioned in the Bible were never named indicate about the role of women in ancient Hebrew society?
6. Who was Ahinoam?
7. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
8. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
9. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
10. What role did Philip's daughters have in their father's ministry?
This section contains 1,191 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)