|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
(a) Dancing at her sister's wedding.
(b) Weaving cloth.
(c) Millking a cow.
(d) Tending her father's sheep.
2. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to appear before him in public.
(b) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
(c) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
(d) A command to pay her taxes.
3. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(b) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
(c) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(d) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
4. Which of the following was not a daughter of Zelophad?
5. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
(a) His heart.
(b) His feet.
(c) His head.
(d) His rib.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
2. Which of the following is not a name given to Mary, the mother of Jesus?
3. Why did Dinah's brothers object to her husband?
4. To where did Potiphar send his Hebrew overseer as a result of his wife's lies about the servant?
5. What did God tell Rebekah her elder son would do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
2. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
3. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
4. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
5. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
6. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
7. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
8. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
9. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
10. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
This section contains 1,148 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)