|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Simeon and Levi murder?
(d) Shechem and Hamor.
2. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
(a) One thousand.
(b) Nine hundred.
(c) Five hundred.
3. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
(a) Van Gogh.
4. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
(b) In the Temple.
(c) At Jesus' tomb.
(d) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
5. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
2. What was Esther's birth name?
3. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
4. Who was Ishmael?
5. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
2. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
3. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
4. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
5. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
6. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
7. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
8. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
9. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
10. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)