|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a wedding.
(b) At a market place in Jordan.
(c) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
(d) At a funeral.
2. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
(a) Max Eastman.
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) Robert Frost.
3. To what famous child did Elisabeth give birth?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) King Herod.
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The apostle Paul.
4. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
5. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Tamar's second husband died, why did she visit her father-in-law in disguise?
2. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
3. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
4. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
5. Who was the first woman in the Bible to die in childbirth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
2. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
3. Who was Dorcas, and what miracle did Peter perform for her?
4. Who was Ahinoam?
5. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
6. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
7. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
8. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
9. Who was Peninnah?
10. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)