Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Dinah's relationship to Leah and Jacob?
(a) She was their daughter-in-law.
(b) She was their cousin.
(c) She was their daughter.
(d) She was their queen.
2. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
(a) One thousand.
(c) Nine hundred.
(d) Five hundred.
3. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
(a) She had Hagar steal jewels and gold for her.
(b) She had Hagar bear Abraham a son.
(c) She had Hagar kill Abraham.
(d) She had Hagar make beauty creams for her.
4. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
(a) He was her cousin.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was her father.
(d) He was her friend.
5. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) A cousin.
(b) Her first husband's father.
(c) A wealthy older shepherd.
(d) Er's brother Onan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Eve's first son?
2. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
3. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
4. What was Ruth's relationship to Naomi?
5. How did God punish Eve for her sin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Claudia honored by the Greek Orthodox Church?
2. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
3. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
4. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
5. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
6. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
7. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
8. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
9. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
10. How did Christ's encounter with the Samaritan woman at the well illustrate the universality of God's love?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)