|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Leave their home and not look back.
(b) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
(c) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
(d) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
2. Who did Haman want to hang?
3. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
(a) She had Hagar kill Abraham.
(b) She had Hagar make beauty creams for her.
(c) She had Hagar steal jewels and gold for her.
(d) She had Hagar bear Abraham a son.
4. Who was Isaac?
(a) Sarah's son.
(b) Diana's husband.
(c) Eve's son.
(d) Hagar's son.
5. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
2. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
3. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
4. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
5. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
2. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
3. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
4. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
5. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
6. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
7. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
8. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
9. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
10. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
This section contains 1,116 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)