|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Eve and her husband live?
(c) The Garden of Eden.
2. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
(a) She was his brother's wife.
(b) She was his mother.
(c) She was his aunt.
(d) She was his half-sister and his wife.
3. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
4. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
(a) His head.
(b) His heart.
(c) His rib.
(d) His feet.
5. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(b) A pestilence.
(c) A big storm of sleet and hail.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did God tell Rebekah her elder son would do?
2. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
3. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
4. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
5. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
2. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
3. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
4. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
5. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
6. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
7. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
8. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
9. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
10. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)