|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
(a) Elisabeth and her family.
(b) Whoever did the will of God.
(c) Mary and Joseph and their other children.
(d) All Jews.
2. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
3. What was the name of Eve's husband?
4. What woman's house was built over the gap between the two walls of Jericho?
5. Who did Simeon and Levi murder?
(d) Shechem and Hamor.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
2. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
3. What was Dinah's relationship to Leah and Jacob?
4. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
5. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
2. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
3. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
4. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
5. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
6. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
7. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
8. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
9. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
10. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)