|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Eve's husband?
2. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He rebuked her for tempting him.
(c) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
(d) He ignored her.
3. Who was Bilhah?
(a) Rachel's mother.
(b) A Hittite soldier.
(c) Rachel's maid and the mother of two of Jacob's sons.
(d) Jacob's daughter.
4. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
5. Who wanted to marry Dinah?
(d) Shechem, the son of Hamor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country did Esther live?
2. Whose son did the prophet Elisha raise from the dead?
3. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
4. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
5. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
2. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
3. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
4. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
5. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
6. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
7. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
8. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
9. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
10. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)