|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dinah's brothers object to her husband?
(a) He was a liar.
(b) He was uncircumcised and he had dishonored Dinah.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He was a thief.
2. How did God punish Eve for her sin?
(a) He gave her and all women after her the pains of childbirth.
(b) He blinded her.
(c) He gave her leprosy.
(d) He made her unable to bear children.
3. Who did Haman want to hang?
4. What was Esther's birth name?
5. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
(b) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
(c) At Jesus' tomb.
(d) In the Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sons did Tamar have?
2. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
3. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
4. Which of the following was not a daughter of Zelophad?
5. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
2. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
3. Why did Eve's son Cain slay his brother Abel?
4. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
5. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
6. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
7. Why did Simeon and Levi murder their sister Dinah's husband Shechem?
8. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
9. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
10. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
This section contains 1,145 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)