|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
(b) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
(c) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(d) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
2. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
(a) His heart.
(b) His head.
(c) His rib.
(d) His feet.
3. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Julius Caesar.
(c) Marc Antony.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
4. What did Abraham tell the Egyptian Pharaoh that his relationship with Sarah was?
(a) That he was Sarah's husband.
(b) That he was Sarah's brother.
(c) That he was Sarah's uncle.
(d) That he was Sarah's father.
5. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(b) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(c) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
(d) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Eve and her husband live?
2. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
3. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
4. Who did Haman want to hang?
5. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
2. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
3. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
4. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
5. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
6. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
7. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
8. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
9. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
10. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
This section contains 1,229 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)