|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is not a name given to Mary, the mother of Jesus?
(a) Mother of Mercy.
(b) Queen of Heaven.
(c) Mother of Mankind.
(d) Mother Most Blessed.
2. Whose son did the prophet Elisha raise from the dead?
(a) The Hittite woman's.
(d) The Shunammite woman's.
3. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
(b) Van Gogh.
4. What was the name of Eve's second son?
5. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
2. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
3. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
4. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
5. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
2. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
3. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
4. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
5. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
6. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
7. Who was Ahinoam?
8. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
9. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
10. From what affliction did Christ heal Mary Magdalene, and what other possible explanation does Edith Deen say commentators have given for this affliction?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)