|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Isaac?
(a) Diana's husband.
(b) Eve's son.
(c) Sarah's son.
(d) Hagar's son.
2. How did God punish Eve for her sin?
(a) He gave her and all women after her the pains of childbirth.
(b) He gave her leprosy.
(c) He made her unable to bear children.
(d) He blinded her.
3. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) A wealthy older shepherd.
(b) Her first husband's father.
(c) Er's brother Onan.
(d) A cousin.
4. In what country was Jochebed born?
5. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
(a) A big diamond.
(b) A mess of pottage.
(c) A special sword.
(d) A chest of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wanted to marry Dinah?
2. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
3. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
4. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
5. What was the name of Deborah's husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
2. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
3. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
4. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
5. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
6. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
7. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
8. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
9. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
10. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)