|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
(a) All Jews.
(b) Elisabeth and her family.
(c) Whoever did the will of God.
(d) Mary and Joseph and their other children.
2. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
3. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) A pestilence.
(b) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A big storm of sleet and hail.
4. Where did Eve and her husband live?
(b) The Garden of Eden.
5. In what country did Esther live?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
2. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
3. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
4. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
5. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
2. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
3. Who was the only woman to rule over Judah, and how did she attain her throne?
4. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
5. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
6. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
7. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
8. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
9. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
10. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)