|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
(a) Weaving cloth.
(b) Millking a cow.
(c) Dancing at her sister's wedding.
(d) Tending her father's sheep.
2. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
(b) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(c) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
(d) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
3. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
4. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
5. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(b) A pestilence.
(c) A big storm of sleet and hail.
(d) An earthquake.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Rebekah have?
2. Where did Eve and her husband live?
3. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
4. To what famous child did Elisabeth give birth?
5. What was Ruth's relationship to Naomi?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Esther save her uncle Mordecai from a hanging?
2. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
3. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
4. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
5. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
6. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
7. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
8. What lie did Potiphar's wife tell about Joseph?
9. When Mary's son Jesus was twelve, what happened during a family trip to Jerusalem for Passover?
10. Why did motherhood become a painful experience for Eve and her female descendants?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)