|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(b) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
(c) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(d) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
2. How did God punish Eve for her sin?
(a) He gave her and all women after her the pains of childbirth.
(b) He blinded her.
(c) He made her unable to bear children.
(d) He gave her leprosy.
3. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She stole another woman's child.
(b) She killed her husband.
(c) She lied.
(d) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
4. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
5. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
(a) Spices from the Orient.
(b) Silk cloth.
(c) A gold earring and two gold bracelets.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jochebed's daughter?
2. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
3. Who was Ishmael?
4. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
5. How many children did Rebekah have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
2. Over what did Miriam disagree with her brother Moses and how did God punish her over this discord?
3. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
4. What message did an angel give the virgin Mary?
5. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
6. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
7. How have poets and artists throughout the ages depicted Eve?
8. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
9. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
10. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)