|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bore Jacob's first four sons?
2. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
(b) She killed her husband.
(c) She stole another woman's child.
(d) She lied.
3. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
(a) The daughters of Zelophehad.
(b) Israeli spies.
(d) Two thieves.
4. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
(a) Elisabeth and her family.
(b) All Jews.
(c) Mary and Joseph and their other children.
(d) Whoever did the will of God.
5. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A pestilence.
(d) A big storm of sleet and hail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
2. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
3. What was the name of Eve's first son?
4. When Lot's wife disobeyed the angel, what happened to her?
5. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
2. How has Mary, the mother of Christ, been honored and revered throughout the ages?
3. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
4. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
5. For what did Hannah pray, and what sacrifice did she have to make once God answered her prayers?
6. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
7. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
8. Why did Simeon and Levi murder their sister Dinah's husband Shechem?
9. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
10. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)