|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bore Jacob's first four sons?
2. When Jesus performed his miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding feast, who told him that the feast had run out of wine?
(a) His father, Joseph.
(b) His mother, Mary.
(c) The bridegroom.
(d) The bride.
3. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
(a) Gozzoli and Lucas Cranach.
(b) Frida Kalow and Georgia O'Keefe.
(c) Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
(d) Salvadore Dali and Pablo Picasso.
4. Who was Ishmael?
(a) Hagar's husband.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Hagar's son.
(d) Eve's son.
5. Which of the following was not a daughter of Zelophad?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
2. To where did Potiphar send his Hebrew overseer as a result of his wife's lies about the servant?
3. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
4. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
5. What did God tell Rebekah her elder son would do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What miracle did Elisha perform with a poor widow's oil?
2. How did Naomi help her widowed daughter-in-law get a new husband?
3. Who was Keturah?
4. Who was Lydia, and what was her role in the early church?
5. What did the wise woman of Tekoah influence King David to do?
6. What was Hagar's relationship with Sarah and why did Sarah eventually send Hagar away?
7. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
8. What did Mary Magdalene encounter at Christ's tomb?
9. What request did Salome, the mother of James and John, make of Christ, and what surprising answer did Christ give her?
10. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
This section contains 1,208 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)