|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
(a) He was her cousin.
(b) He was her friend.
(c) He was her brother.
(d) He was her father.
2. How many children did Rebekah have?
3. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A big storm of sleet and hail.
(d) A pestilence.
4. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
5. What famous artist painted "Flight of Lot," a painting depicting Lot's wife and her daughters?
(c) Van Gogh.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
2. Which angel appeared to Mary at Nazareth and told her she would have a son?
3. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
4. What sin did Eve commit?
5. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who was Anna, and what role did she have in Christ's life?
2. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
3. How did Jacob end up married to Leah when he sought to marry her sister Rachel instead?
4. What two roles did Deborah have that were unusual for women of her era?
5. What ailment did the Syro-Phoenician woman's daughter have, and why did Christ initially rebuff her request to heal her daughter?
6. Who was Peninnah?
7. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law develop, and how did Jesus heal her?
8. What was Elisabeth's relationship to Mary the mother of Jesus, and what parallels did each woman have in the birth of their children?
9. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
10. How did a dream about Christ affect Pontius Pilate's wife Claudia, and what did she advise her husband to do as a result?
This section contains 1,085 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)