|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
2. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
(a) Mary was too old to have children when she conceived.
(b) Mary was a virgin when she conceived.
(c) The pregnancy lasted twelve months.
(d) The pregnancy lasted less than nine months.
3. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
(b) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
(c) Leave their home and not look back.
(d) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
4. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to appear before him in public.
(b) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
(c) A command to pay her taxes.
(d) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
5. How many daughters did Zelophad have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
2. When Tamar's second husband died, why did she visit her father-in-law in disguise?
3. What woman's house was built over the gap between the two walls of Jericho?
4. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
5. Which of Rebekah's sons was polygamous, having two wives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did Eve have in Adam's life and how did these roles relate to the roles of women in Jewish society during biblical times?
2. What role did Mary have in her son's first miracle?
3. Over what legal issue did the five daughters of Zelophad appear before Moses and the council, and what important legal precedent did their case set for women in the tribe of Israel?
4. How did children become an issue of conflict between Rachel and Leah?
5. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
6. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
7. How did Eliezer select Rebekah to be Isaac's wife?
8. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
9. How did Jochebed save her infant son's life after Pharoah decreed that all Hebrew male babies should be killed?
10. What natural explanation did Edith Deen provide in All the Women of the Bible for Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt?
This section contains 1,299 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)