|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Haman want to hang?
2. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
(a) Caesar Augustus.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Pontius Pilate.
(d) Julius Caesar.
3. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) His headband.
(b) A lock of his hair.
(c) His garment.
(d) His sandal.
4. What creature tempted Eve to disobey God?
(a) A dove.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A fox.
(d) A bear.
5. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
(a) A law forbidding women to speak in public.
(b) A law letting daughters inherit if a man died without sons.
(c) A law forbidding women to inherit property.
(d) A law allowing the oldest child, male or female, to inherit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Deborah's husband?
2. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
3. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
4. Which of Rebekah's sons was polygamous, having two wives?
5. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objects did Rachel steal from her father's house when she left with Jacob, and what did her taking of these objects indicate?
2. From what part of Adam's body was Eve made, and what does her creation from this part symbolize about the role of the woman in male/female relationships?
3. What qualities did the book of Proverbs list as the attributes of a virtuous woman?
4. What was Levirate law, and how did Tamar get her due under this law when her father-in-law denied her rights under it?
5. What did Edith Deen speculate that the life of Lot's wife was like prior to her demise?
6. Who was Seth and how did he differ from Cain?
7. Who was Queen Vashti and how did she anger her husband and lose her throne?
8. What was God's promise to Sarah and why did its fulfillment seem impossible?
9. Who was Rahab, and how did she help Israel when they came to invade her city?
10. How did Rebekah's younger son Jacob steal his father's blessing and inheritance from his older brother Esau?
This section contains 1,113 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)