|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
2. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
3. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A Hittite queen.
(c) A leper.
(d) A false prophetess.
4. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(b) Mary, the sister of Martha.
5. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
(b) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
(c) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(d) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
6. What was the name of Abraham's second wife?
7. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
(a) Women descended from Abraham.
(b) Women whose mothers had abandoned them.
(c) Women whose fathers were widowers.
(d) Women descended from Cain.
8. What did Zacharias do for a living?
(a) He was a fisherman.
(b) He was a priest.
(c) He was a judge.
(d) He was a blacksmith.
9. Who was Adah?
(a) The mother of one of Jesus' disciples.
(b) One of Esau's Canaanite wives.
(c) A Hebrew prophetess.
(d) Queen of Joppa.
10. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) The mother of Elisabeth.
(b) A rich merchant's wife.
(c) A barren fisherman's wife.
(d) A woman of Canaan.
11. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
(b) She hated Zacharias' name.
(c) She already had a son named Zacharias.
(d) The angel told her to name the baby John.
12. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
13. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(a) A nervous disorder.
(b) Seven tumors.
(d) A split personality.
14. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
15. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
2. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
3. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
4. What was the name of Salome's husband?
5. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)