|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the mother of King Joash of Judah?
2. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
(a) Bilpah and Phebe.
(b) Rachel and Leah.
(c) Rebekah and Dorcas.
(d) Hannah and Peninnah.
3. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
(a) August 18.
(b) October 27.
(c) December 15.
(d) April 9.
4. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
5. What was the name of Abraham's second wife?
6. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
(a) Nothing; she didn't seek a physician.
(b) All that she had.
(c) A fourth of what she had.
(d) Half of what she had.
7. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
(a) Anna of Joppa.
(b) Berenice of Veronica.
(d) Helen of Macedonia.
8. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Thessalonica.
(b) The Church in Alexandria.
(c) The Church in Joppa.
(d) The Church in Rome.
9. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
(a) That her sons sit on his right and left hand in his kingdom.
(b) That he marry her daughter.
(c) That he heal her of leprosy.
(d) That he make her sons rich.
10. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was a Roman centurion.
(b) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(c) He was a silk merchant.
(d) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
11. Who was Herodias?
(a) The wife of Judas Iscariot.
(b) The wife of King Herod.
(c) A woman healed by Jesus.
(d) The mother of the apostle Paul.
12. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A false prophetess.
(c) A Hittite queen.
(d) A leper.
13. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
(b) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(c) Mary was about to have God's son.
(d) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
14. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
15. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
(a) Women descended from Abraham.
(b) Women whose mothers had abandoned them.
(c) Women descended from Cain.
(d) Women whose fathers were widowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
2. What did Zacharias do for a living?
3. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
4. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
5. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)