|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(a) The worship of idols.
2. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
(a) To not have anything to do with Jesus.
(b) To not imprison the disciples.
(c) To repent of his sins before he died.
(d) To not mingle with lepers.
3. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
(a) He was unable to speak until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(b) He fainted and would not regain consciousness.
(c) He was blind until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(d) He was covered with boils until the prophecy was fulfilled.
4. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
5. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
(a) By touching her hand.
(b) By praying for her.
(c) By giving her a healing glance.
(d) By giving her a special healing herb.
6. What did Jesus say made the woman with the issue of blood whole?
(a) His divinity.
(b) Her faith.
(c) Her prayers.
(d) Her doctors.
7. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He doubted the woman's faith.
(b) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(c) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(d) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
8. How many concubines did King David have?
9. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
10. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(b) Julia Ariana.
(d) Claudia Procula.
11. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
(b) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(c) From a Latin word meaning light.
(d) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
12. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
(a) At a well.
(b) At a friend's funeral.
(c) At a dance.
(d) At a friend's wedding.
13. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Rome.
(b) The Church in Thessalonica.
(c) The Church in Joppa.
(d) The Church in Alexandria.
14. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
15. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
2. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
3. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
4. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
5. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)