|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
(a) He was blind until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(b) He fainted and would not regain consciousness.
(c) He was unable to speak until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(d) He was covered with boils until the prophecy was fulfilled.
2. Who was Jemima?
(a) One of King Solomon's concubines.
(b) A leper healed by Peter.
(c) One of King David's concubines.
(d) The eldest of Job's daughters born after his restoration.
3. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A Hittite queen.
(c) A false prophetess.
(d) A leper.
4. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
(a) Coveting a neighbor's riches.
(b) Stealing a neighbor's necklace.
(c) Lying to the Holy Spirit.
(d) Withholding part of the proceeds of the sale of her land.
5. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
(a) Anna of Joppa.
(b) Helen of Macedonia.
(c) Berenice of Veronica.
6. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
7. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(b) Seven tumors.
(c) A split personality.
(d) A nervous disorder.
8. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
(a) By giving her a special healing herb.
(b) By giving her a healing glance.
(c) By touching her hand.
(d) By praying for her.
9. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
10. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
11. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) Mary was about to have God's son.
(b) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(c) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
(d) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
12. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(b) He doubted the woman's faith.
(c) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(d) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
13. How many times had the Samaritan woman been married?
14. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
15. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(b) Claudia Procula.
(d) Julia Ariana.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
2. Who was Herodias?
3. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
4. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
5. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)