|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
2. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
3. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
4. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
(a) Jesus touching her brow.
(b) Drinking some water that Jesus blessed.
(c) Jesus touching her hand.
(d) Touching the hem of Jesus' garment.
5. How many times had the Samaritan woman been married?
6. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
7. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He doubted the woman's faith.
(b) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(c) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(d) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
8. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(b) The worship of idols.
9. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Latin word meaning light.
(b) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(c) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
(d) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
10. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
(b) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(c) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
(d) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
11. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
(a) She got better, but wasn't totally healed.
(b) She had an allergic reaction to the medicines.
(c) She grew worse.
(d) She lost her eyesight.
12. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was a silk merchant.
(b) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(c) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
(d) He was a Roman centurion.
13. What prophet multiplied the oil of an impoverished widow who had an unpaid debt for which her creditors wanted her to sell her sons as slaves?
14. What was the name of Salome's husband?
15. Why was the angel's message hard for Zacharias to believe?
(a) Zacharias didn't believe in angels.
(b) Zacharias thought the message was a dream.
(c) Zacharias didn't believe in miracles.
(d) Elisabeth was not young and was unable to conceive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
2. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
3. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
4. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
5. What did the wise woman of Tekoah persuade King David to do?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)