|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
(b) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
(c) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(d) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
2. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Joppa.
(b) The Church in Rome.
(c) The Church in Alexandria.
(d) The Church in Thessalonica.
3. Who were Salome's children?
(a) James and John, two of Christ's disciples.
(b) Ananias and Sapphira.
(c) Matthew and Mark.
(d) Luke and Jeremiah.
4. Who was Jemima?
(a) The eldest of Job's daughters born after his restoration.
(b) One of King David's concubines.
(c) A leper healed by Peter.
(d) One of King Solomon's concubines.
5. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary burned dinner.
(b) Mary was rude to Jesus.
(c) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
(d) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
6. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
(a) A fourth of what she had.
(b) All that she had.
(c) Nothing; she didn't seek a physician.
(d) Half of what she had.
7. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
8. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Roman Catholic Church.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church.
(d) The Anglican Church.
9. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
(a) She made a large donation to the church.
(b) She had a famous artist paint a picture of Jesus.
(c) She glorified God.
(d) She baked Jesus and his disciples some bread.
10. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
(d) John the Baptist.
11. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
12. From how many demons did Jesus heal Mary Magdalene?
13. What did the wise woman of Tekoah persuade King David to do?
(a) Release her son from prison.
(b) Forgive his son Absalom and end Absalom's banishment.
(c) Go to war with the Hittites.
(d) Take Pharoah's daughter as his wife.
14. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(b) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(c) He doubted the woman's faith.
(d) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
15. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
(a) Rebekah and Dorcas.
(b) Hannah and Peninnah.
(c) Bilpah and Phebe.
(d) Rachel and Leah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Noadiah?
2. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
3. To whom was Sapphira married?
4. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
5. How many wives did King Solomon have?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)