|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(b) Mary, the sister of Martha.
2. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Latin word meaning light.
(b) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(c) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
(d) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
3. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
4. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
5. What was the name of Salome's husband?
6. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
7. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
8. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
(d) Living water.
9. Who was Adah?
(a) A Hebrew prophetess.
(b) The mother of one of Jesus' disciples.
(c) Queen of Joppa.
(d) One of Esau's Canaanite wives.
10. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
11. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(a) The worship of idols.
12. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A Hittite queen.
(c) A false prophetess.
(d) A leper.
13. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(a) A nervous disorder.
(c) A split personality.
(d) Seven tumors.
14. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
15. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) A rich merchant's wife.
(b) A barren fisherman's wife.
(c) A woman of Canaan.
(d) The mother of Elisabeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
2. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
3. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
4. What Jewish prophet was beheaded by Herod, ruler of Galilee?
5. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)