|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(b) The worship of idols.
2. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
(a) By touching her hand.
(b) By giving her a special healing herb.
(c) By giving her a healing glance.
(d) By praying for her.
3. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
(a) Withholding part of the proceeds of the sale of her land.
(b) Lying to the Holy Spirit.
(c) Coveting a neighbor's riches.
(d) Stealing a neighbor's necklace.
4. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Anglican Church.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Presbyterian Church.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
5. How many wives did King Solomon have?
(a) Seven hundred.
6. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
(a) At a friend's wedding.
(b) At a dance.
(c) At a well.
(d) At a friend's funeral.
7. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
(b) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
(c) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(d) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
8. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
(a) Living water.
9. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(c) Mary, the sister of Martha.
10. How many times had the Samaritan woman been married?
11. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
12. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
13. What did Zacharias do for a living?
(a) He was a blacksmith.
(b) He was a judge.
(c) He was a fisherman.
(d) He was a priest.
14. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Shallum's daughters.
(b) Lot's daughters.
(c) Lamech's daughters.
(d) Heman's daughters.
15. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary burned dinner.
(b) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(c) Mary was rude to Jesus.
(d) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
Short Answer Questions
1. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
2. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
3. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
4. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
5. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)