|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Salome's husband?
2. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
(a) She made a large donation to the church.
(b) She glorified God.
(c) She baked Jesus and his disciples some bread.
(d) She had a famous artist paint a picture of Jesus.
3. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(a) Claudia Procula.
(c) Julia Ariana.
4. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
5. Who were James the less and Joses?
(a) The sons of Mary and Cleophas.
(b) The Roman centurions who hung Christ on the cross.
(c) The cousins of the disciple Matthew.
(d) The sons of Elisabeth and Zacharias.
6. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
7. Who was the mother of King Joash of Judah?
8. Who was Herodias?
(a) The wife of Judas Iscariot.
(b) The mother of the apostle Paul.
(c) A woman healed by Jesus.
(d) The wife of King Herod.
9. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
(a) They fell over dead.
(b) They were arrested.
(c) They were publicly denounced by the apostles.
(d) They were excommunicated from the church.
10. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
(d) A high fever.
11. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
(a) August 18.
(b) October 27.
(c) April 9.
(d) December 15.
12. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
(d) King David.
13. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was a Roman centurion.
(b) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(c) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
(d) He was a silk merchant.
14. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) A woman of Canaan.
(b) A barren fisherman's wife.
(c) The mother of Elisabeth.
(d) A rich merchant's wife.
15. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
(a) All that she had.
(b) A fourth of what she had.
(c) Nothing; she didn't seek a physician.
(d) Half of what she had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What angel appeared to Zacharias while he was praying in the temple?
2. To whom was Sapphira married?
3. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
4. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
5. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)