|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
(a) He was Jewish, and Samaritans and Jews did not socialize.
(b) Men in those days could not speak to women in public.
(c) She was a beggar and most people ignored her.
(d) She was a leper and few people spoke to lepers.
2. What did Simon Peter's mother-in-law do once she was healed?
(a) She tried to pay Jesus for healing her.
(b) She sang a song of joy.
(c) She begged Jesus to heal the whole town.
(d) She ministered to the others present in her room.
3. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Lot's daughters.
(b) Shallum's daughters.
(c) Heman's daughters.
(d) Lamech's daughters.
4. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Five months.
(d) Fifteen years.
5. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
6. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
7. How many concubines did King David have?
8. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
(a) Women descended from Cain.
(b) Women whose fathers were widowers.
(c) Women whose mothers had abandoned them.
(d) Women descended from Abraham.
9. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(d) Mary, the sister of Martha.
10. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
11. Who were James the less and Joses?
(a) The sons of Elisabeth and Zacharias.
(b) The cousins of the disciple Matthew.
(c) The sons of Mary and Cleophas.
(d) The Roman centurions who hung Christ on the cross.
12. What did Jesus tell the Samaritan woman that God would give to her?
(b) Living water.
13. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
(b) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(c) Mary was about to have God's son.
(d) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
14. Who were Salome's children?
(a) Matthew and Mark.
(b) James and John, two of Christ's disciples.
(c) Ananias and Sapphira.
(d) Luke and Jeremiah.
15. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary burned dinner.
(b) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(c) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
(d) Mary was rude to Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
2. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
3. What did Zacharias do for a living?
4. Whose mother dedicated 1,100 shekels of silver to the making of graven images?
5. What was the name of Elisabeth's husband?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)