|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
2. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Presbyterian Church.
(b) The Greek Orthodox Church.
(c) The Anglican Church.
(d) The Roman Catholic Church.
3. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(b) Julia Ariana.
(c) Claudia Procula.
4. What prophet multiplied the oil of an impoverished widow who had an unpaid debt for which her creditors wanted her to sell her sons as slaves?
5. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
6. Whose mother dedicated 1,100 shekels of silver to the making of graven images?
7. How many wives did King Solomon have?
(d) Seven hundred.
8. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
(a) Drinking some water that Jesus blessed.
(b) Touching the hem of Jesus' garment.
(c) Jesus touching her brow.
(d) Jesus touching her hand.
9. Who married an Ethiopian woman as his second wife?
10. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Latin word meaning light.
(b) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(c) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
(d) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
11. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
12. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(b) He doubted the woman's faith.
(c) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(d) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
13. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
(a) October 27.
(b) December 15.
(c) August 18.
(d) April 9.
14. What Old Testament name was an older form of Mary?
15. Of what name was Joses the Greek from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
2. How long did the woman with the spirit of infirmity have her condition before Jesus healed her?
3. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
4. To whom was Sapphira married?
5. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)