|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
(b) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(c) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(d) He doubted the woman's faith.
2. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
3. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
4. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(a) Mary, the sister of Martha.
5. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
6. What did Jesus' disciples do when the Syro-Phoenician woman asked Jesus to heal her daughter?
(a) They tried to send her away.
(b) They prayed for her.
(c) They asked her for money first.
(d) They healed her without calling Jesus to assist them.
7. What famous son did Manoah's wife bear?
(c) King David.
8. What was Rhoda's relationship with John Mark's mother?
(a) She was his mother's cousin.
(b) She was his mother's maid.
(c) She was his mother's friend.
(d) She was his mother's sister.
9. What prophet multiplied the oil of an impoverished widow who had an unpaid debt for which her creditors wanted her to sell her sons as slaves?
10. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
(b) She already had a son named Zacharias.
(c) The angel told her to name the baby John.
(d) She hated Zacharias' name.
11. Who was Herodias?
(a) A woman healed by Jesus.
(b) The mother of the apostle Paul.
(c) The wife of Judas Iscariot.
(d) The wife of King Herod.
12. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
(b) A leper.
(c) A Hittite queen.
(d) A false prophetess.
13. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Five months.
14. What was the name of Salome's husband?
15. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(a) A split personality.
(b) Seven tumors.
(c) A nervous disorder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
2. What did Zacharias do for a living?
3. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
4. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
5. What healed the woman with the issue of blood?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)