|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
(b) The angel told her to name the baby John.
(c) She hated Zacharias' name.
(d) She already had a son named Zacharias.
2. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
3. What were the names of Elkanah's two wives?
(a) Hannah and Peninnah.
(b) Bilpah and Phebe.
(c) Rachel and Leah.
(d) Rebekah and Dorcas.
4. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(b) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
(c) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
(d) From a Latin word meaning light.
5. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
6. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary was rude to Jesus.
(b) Mary burned dinner.
(c) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(d) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
7. What prophet multiplied the oil of an impoverished widow who had an unpaid debt for which her creditors wanted her to sell her sons as slaves?
8. What was the name of John Mark's mother?
9. For what did Jesus ask the Samaritan woman?
(a) A room in which to spend the night.
(b) A drink of water.
(c) Directions to the local temple.
(d) A meal.
10. Where did Jesus meet the Samaritan woman?
(a) At a well.
(b) At a friend's funeral.
(c) At a dance.
(d) At a friend's wedding.
11. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
12. What did the woman with the spirit of infirmity do once Jesus healed her?
(a) She made a large donation to the church.
(b) She glorified God.
(c) She had a famous artist paint a picture of Jesus.
(d) She baked Jesus and his disciples some bread.
13. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
(b) Anna of Joppa.
(c) Helen of Macedonia.
(d) Berenice of Veronica.
14. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(b) Mary, the sister of Martha.
15. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
(a) She lost her eyesight.
(b) She got better, but wasn't totally healed.
(c) She grew worse.
(d) She had an allergic reaction to the medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
2. Who were James the less and Joses?
3. Who does Edith Deen say that the "daughters of men" mentioned in Genesis 6:2 may be?
4. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
5. Who was the first person to proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)