|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Matthew call the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) A barren fisherman's wife.
(b) A rich merchant's wife.
(c) A woman of Canaan.
(d) The mother of Elisabeth.
2. How many concubines did King David have?
3. What did Zacharias do for a living?
(a) He was a blacksmith.
(b) He was a judge.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a fisherman.
4. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Roman Catholic Church.
(b) The Anglican Church.
(c) The Greek Orthodox Church.
(d) The Presbyterian Church.
5. Who anointed Jesus' feet with a costly perfumed ointment and wiped them with her hair?
(b) Mary, the sister of Martha.
6. For how long did the woman with the issue of blood have her disease?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Five months.
7. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
8. Whose daughters helped in the rebuilding of the walls of Jerusalem under Nehemiah's guidance?
(a) Heman's daughters.
(b) Shallum's daughters.
(c) Lamech's daughters.
(d) Lot's daughters.
9. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
(a) All that she had.
(b) A fourth of what she had.
(c) Nothing; she didn't seek a physician.
(d) Half of what she had.
10. What day has been named as the feast day for Pilate's wife by the church that has made her a saint?
(a) December 15.
(b) August 18.
(c) October 27.
(d) April 9.
11. What have some biblical commentators speculated that Mary Magdalene's devils were instead of demons?
(a) Seven tumors.
(b) A split personality.
(d) A nervous disorder.
12. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
(b) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(c) Mary was about to have God's son.
(d) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
13. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
(b) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(c) He was a silk merchant.
(d) He was a Roman centurion.
14. Who were James the less and Joses?
(a) The Roman centurions who hung Christ on the cross.
(b) The sons of Elisabeth and Zacharias.
(c) The cousins of the disciple Matthew.
(d) The sons of Mary and Cleophas.
15. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(b) He doubted the woman's faith.
(c) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(d) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the wife of the prophet Hosea?
2. What happened to Sapphira and her husband when their dishonest act was discovered?
3. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
4. What did Jesus say made the woman with the issue of blood whole?
5. Who was Jemima?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)