|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Naomi's relationship to Ruth?
(a) She was her daughter.
(b) She was her mother-in-law.
(c) She was her aunt.
(d) She was her sister.
2. What did Zacharias do for a living?
(a) He was a priest.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a judge.
(d) He was a fisherman.
3. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
(a) To not have anything to do with Jesus.
(b) To not mingle with lepers.
(c) To not imprison the disciples.
(d) To repent of his sins before he died.
4. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
(a) He said he had come to help the house of Israel only.
(b) He doubted the woman's faith.
(c) He thought her daughter beyond his help.
(d) He thought her daughter was faking her illness.
5. Whose wife advised him to "curse God, and die" when adversity befell him?
6. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Thessalonica.
(b) The Church in Rome.
(c) The Church in Alexandria.
(d) The Church in Joppa.
7. What physical affect did the angel's message have on Zacharias?
(a) He was covered with boils until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(b) He was blind until the prophecy was fulfilled.
(c) He fainted and would not regain consciousness.
(d) He was unable to speak until the prophecy was fulfilled.
8. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
9. In what town did Mary and Martha live?
10. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) Mary was about to have God's son.
(b) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(c) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
(d) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
11. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
(a) By touching her hand.
(b) By praying for her.
(c) By giving her a special healing herb.
(d) By giving her a healing glance.
12. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
(a) A high fever.
13. What sin did Solomon's wives influence him to commit?
(c) The worship of idols.
14. Who was Herodias?
(a) A woman healed by Jesus.
(b) The wife of Judas Iscariot.
(c) The wife of King Herod.
(d) The mother of the apostle Paul.
15. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
(a) Coveting a neighbor's riches.
(b) Lying to the Holy Spirit.
(c) Withholding part of the proceeds of the sale of her land.
(d) Stealing a neighbor's necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
2. Why did the Samaritan woman think it unusual for Jesus to talk with her?
3. Whose mother dedicated 1,100 shekels of silver to the making of graven images?
4. What did the wise woman of Tekoah persuade King David to do?
5. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)