|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Pontius Pilate's job during the time of Christ?
(a) He was a Roman centurion.
(b) He was a silk merchant.
(c) He was a wealthy wheat farmer.
(d) He was the Roman governor of Judea.
2. Who sold his land and laid the money from the sale at the apostles' feet, thereby giving it to the church?
3. What illness did Simon Peter's mother-in-law have?
(d) A high fever.
4. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
(a) To not imprison the disciples.
(b) To not have anything to do with Jesus.
(c) To repent of his sins before he died.
(d) To not mingle with lepers.
5. From where did the name Mary Magdalene originate?
(a) From a Latin word meaning light.
(b) From a Hebrew word meaning angel.
(c) From a Greek word meaning beloved.
(d) From Magdala, the Greek form of Migdol or Watchtower.
6. Who was the mother of King Joash of Judah?
7. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
8. Who was Adah?
(a) One of Esau's Canaanite wives.
(b) A Hebrew prophetess.
(c) The mother of one of Jesus' disciples.
(d) Queen of Joppa.
9. What message did the angel give Zacharias and Elisabeth?
(a) Elisabeth would have a daughter who could prophecy.
(b) They would have a son who would be great in God's sight.
(c) Jesus was going to die on a cross.
(d) Mary was about to have God's son.
10. How many times had the Samaritan woman been married?
11. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
(a) Claudia Procula.
(d) Julia Ariana.
12. What was the name of Elisabeth's husband?
13. What Philistine woman lured Samson to ruin?
14. What was Sapphira's greatest sin?
(a) Lying to the Holy Spirit.
(b) Stealing a neighbor's necklace.
(c) Withholding part of the proceeds of the sale of her land.
(d) Coveting a neighbor's riches.
15. How did Jesus heal Simon Peter's mother-in-law?
(a) By touching her hand.
(b) By giving her a healing glance.
(c) By giving her a special healing herb.
(d) By praying for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what color hair have master painters depicted Mary Magdalene?
2. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
3. Why didn't Jesus initially want to help the Syro-Phoenician woman?
4. Who were Salome's children?
5. How many concubines did King David have?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)