|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Elisabeth not want to name her baby after Zacharias?
(a) The angel told her to name the baby John.
(b) She hated Zacharias' name.
(c) She already had a son named Zacharias.
(d) Zacharias was not the baby's father.
2. What was the name of the wife of Cleophas?
3. According to tradition, what church did John Mark found?
(a) The Church in Thessalonica.
(b) The Church in Joppa.
(c) The Church in Alexandria.
(d) The Church in Rome.
4. What name did legend give the woman with the issue of blood?
(b) Anna of Joppa.
(c) Berenice of Veronica.
(d) Helen of Macedonia.
5. Which of the following women was not an idol worshiper?
6. How much money did the woman with the issue of blood spend on physicians and medicines?
(a) A fourth of what she had.
(b) Half of what she had.
(c) Nothing; she didn't seek a physician.
(d) All that she had.
7. What woman of Athens believed in the message of Paul after hearing him preach on Mars Hill?
8. What did Zacharias do for a living?
(a) He was a blacksmith.
(b) He was a judge.
(c) He was a priest.
(d) He was a fisherman.
9. How many daughters did the evangelist Philip have?
10. How did the woman with the issue of blood fare after all of her physicians and medicines?
(a) She grew worse.
(b) She lost her eyesight.
(c) She got better, but wasn't totally healed.
(d) She had an allergic reaction to the medicines.
11. What request did Salome make of Jesus?
(a) That he heal her of leprosy.
(b) That he marry her daughter.
(c) That he make her sons rich.
(d) That her sons sit on his right and left hand in his kingdom.
12. What church has made Pilate's wife a saint?
(a) The Greek Orthodox Church.
(b) The Presbyterian Church.
(c) The Roman Catholic Church.
(d) The Anglican Church.
13. Why did Martha become upset with her sister Mary while Jesus visited their home?
(a) Mary wasn't helping with the serving duties.
(b) Mary fell asleep during Jesus' teaching and preaching.
(c) Mary burned dinner.
(d) Mary was rude to Jesus.
14. Who was Noadiah?
(a) A leper.
(b) A false prophetess.
(c) A Hittite queen.
(d) A Canaanite idol worshipper.
15. Who was the first person to proclaim Jesus as the Christ?
(b) John the Baptist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What warning did Pilate's wife give Pilate?
2. What name has traditionally been given to Pilate's wife?
3. For what did Jesus ask the Samaritan woman?
4. What businesswoman from Philippi was the first Christian convert in Europe?
5. What did Simon Peter's mother-in-law do once she was healed?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)