|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Lot's wife disobeyed the angel, what happened to her?
(a) She drowned in the Red Sea.
(b) She got sick and died.
(c) She became a pillar of salt.
(d) She was slain by enemy soldiers.
2. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
(b) In the Temple.
(c) At Jesus' tomb.
(d) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
3. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) A big storm of sleet and hail.
(b) An earthquake.
(c) A pestilence.
(d) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
4. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
(a) Silk cloth.
(b) Spices from the Orient.
(c) A gold earring and two gold bracelets.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
5. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) His headband.
(c) His sandal.
(d) His garment.
6. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Leave their home and not look back.
(b) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
(c) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
(d) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
7. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) A cousin.
(b) Her first husband's father.
(c) Er's brother Onan.
(d) A wealthy older shepherd.
8. What was Mary's relationship to Elisabeth?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were sisters.
9. How many words in the Old Testament are used to tell the story of Lot's wife?
(d) One hundred.
10. Where did Eve and her husband live?
(c) The Garden of Eden.
11. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
(b) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
(c) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(d) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
12. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
(a) Mary and Joseph and their other children.
(b) All Jews.
(c) Whoever did the will of God.
(d) Elisabeth and her family.
13. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
14. Who did Haman want to hang?
15. What was the name of Eve's second son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
2. In what country did Esther live?
3. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
4. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
5. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)