|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Tamar have?
2. What law did Moses pass as a result of the daughters of Zelophad?
(a) A law allowing the oldest child, male or female, to inherit.
(b) A law forbidding women to inherit property.
(c) A law letting daughters inherit if a man died without sons.
(d) A law forbidding women to speak in public.
3. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
(a) The apostle Paul.
(b) John, the Beloved Disciple.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
4. Why did Dinah's brothers object to her husband?
(a) He was a liar.
(b) He was a thief.
(c) He had no money.
(d) He was uncircumcised and he had dishonored Dinah.
5. What did King Ahasuerus do when Queen Vashti disobeyed him?
(a) He divorced her and gave her royal position to another.
(b) He had her publicly whipped.
(c) He had her killed.
(d) He fined her a large sum of money.
6. How many daughters did Zelophad have?
7. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
(b) The daughters of Zelophehad.
(c) Israeli spies.
(d) Two thieves.
8. Which angel appeared to Mary at Nazareth and told her she would have a son?
9. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
(a) At a neighbor's home.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) In the Temple.
(d) In the pasture with the sheep.
10. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
11. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
(a) Laban was his maternal uncle.
(b) Laban was his cousin.
(c) Laban was his grandfather.
(d) Laban was his brother.
12. What woman's house was built over the gap between the two walls of Jericho?
13. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(b) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
(c) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(d) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
14. Who was Ishmael?
(a) Hagar's son.
(b) Sarah's son.
(c) Eve's son.
(d) Hagar's husband.
15. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) A lock of his hair.
(b) His sandal.
(c) His headband.
(d) His garment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
2. How many children did Rebekah have?
3. What was Dinah's relationship to Leah and Jacob?
4. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
5. In what city did Lot and his wife live?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)