|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
(a) The pregnancy lasted less than nine months.
(b) Mary was too old to have children when she conceived.
(c) The pregnancy lasted twelve months.
(d) Mary was a virgin when she conceived.
2. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
(a) Their father died without sons.
(b) Their brothers were younger than them.
(c) Their brothers were criminals.
(d) They were their father's favorite children.
3. What act of Rebekah's did Eliezer think was a sign from God?
(a) Her great cooking and housekeeping skills.
(b) Her ability to heal with herbs and prayers.
(c) Her prayers for him and his safe journey.
(d) Her kindness in watering his camels after giving him water.
4. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
5. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to pay her taxes.
(b) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
(c) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
(d) A command to appear before him in public.
6. When Tamar's second husband died, why did she visit her father-in-law in disguise?
(a) To steal jewelry and silver she thought should come to her.
(b) To conceive a baby.
(c) To poison him.
(d) To insist he allow her to marry his third son.
7. To what famous child did Elisabeth give birth?
(a) King Herod.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) John the Baptist.
(d) The apostle Paul.
8. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
9. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
(a) At a neighbor's home.
(b) In the Temple.
(c) In the pasture with the sheep.
(d) At the marketplace.
10. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
(a) Laban was his grandfather.
(b) Laban was his brother.
(c) Laban was his cousin.
(d) Laban was his maternal uncle.
11. In what country was Jochebed born?
12. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A special sword.
(c) A mess of pottage.
(d) A big diamond.
13. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
(a) Gozzoli and Lucas Cranach.
(b) Salvadore Dali and Pablo Picasso.
(c) Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
(d) Frida Kalow and Georgia O'Keefe.
14. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
(b) At a wedding.
(c) At a market place in Jordan.
(d) At a funeral.
15. What honor did King Ahasuerus give to Esther?
(a) He made her governor of a large province.
(b) He made her his new queen.
(c) He gave her a diamond necklace.
(d) He gave her a new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
2. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
3. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
4. How old was Eve's husband when she gave birth to a third son?
5. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)