|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
(a) Spices from the Orient.
(b) Silk cloth.
(c) A gold earring and two gold bracelets.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
2. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Caesar Augustus.
3. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
(a) Gozzoli and Lucas Cranach.
(b) Frida Kalow and Georgia O'Keefe.
(c) Salvadore Dali and Pablo Picasso.
(d) Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
4. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
(a) At the marketplace.
(b) At a neighbor's home.
(c) In the Temple.
(d) In the pasture with the sheep.
5. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
(a) The Egyptian Pharoah's daughter.
(b) The Hittite King.
(c) An Egyptian priest.
6. What was Ruth's relationship to Naomi?
(a) She was Naomi's sister.
(b) She was Naomi's daughter-in-law.
(c) She was Naomi's mother.
(d) She was Naomi's aunt.
7. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He rebuked her for tempting him.
(b) He divorced her.
(c) He ignored her.
(d) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
8. How many words in the Old Testament are used to tell the story of Lot's wife?
(c) One hundred.
9. Who was the first woman in the Bible to die in childbirth?
10. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(b) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
(c) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
(d) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
11. How many children did Rebekah have?
12. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
(a) A chest of gold.
(b) A special sword.
(c) A mess of pottage.
(d) A big diamond.
13. What was the financial status of Lot?
(a) He was prosperous, but not wealthy.
(b) He was wealthy.
(c) He was poor.
(d) He was a beggar.
14. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) His headband.
(b) His sandal.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) His garment.
15. What was the name of Eve's first son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What honor did King Ahasuerus give to Esther?
2. What was Esther's birth name?
3. In what country was Jochebed born?
4. Who did Jesus say were his mother and brethren?
5. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)