|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
(b) The Egyptian Pharoah's daughter.
(c) An Egyptian priest.
(d) The Hittite King.
2. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
3. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a market place in Jordan.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a wedding.
(d) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
4. When Jesus was twelve, where did Mary find him after thinking he was lost?
(a) At a neighbor's home.
(b) At the marketplace.
(c) In the Temple.
(d) In the pasture with the sheep.
5. What did God tell Rebekah her elder son would do?
(a) Become a great priest.
(b) Serve his younger brother.
(c) Win a mighty battle and rule a great nation.
(d) Commit a great sin.
6. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) Er's brother Onan.
(b) Her first husband's father.
(c) A cousin.
(d) A wealthy older shepherd.
7. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
8. How many sons did Tamar have?
9. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
(a) Frida Kalow and Georgia O'Keefe.
(b) Salvadore Dali and Pablo Picasso.
(c) Gozzoli and Lucas Cranach.
(d) Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
10. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Marc Antony.
(c) Julius Caesar.
(d) Caesar Augustus.
11. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
(a) The apostle Paul.
(b) John, the Beloved Disciple.
(c) Judas Iscariot.
12. To where did Potiphar send his Hebrew overseer as a result of his wife's lies about the servant?
(a) To the marketplace to sell him.
(b) To prison.
(c) To the river to send him far away.
(d) To the pharoah's palace to work.
13. To what famous child did Elisabeth give birth?
(a) John the Baptist.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) The apostle Paul.
(d) King Herod.
14. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
(b) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
(c) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
(d) Leave their home and not look back.
15. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
(b) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(c) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
(d) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
2. How many words in the Old Testament are used to tell the story of Lot's wife?
3. From which of Jochebed's children did the Hebrew priesthood descend?
4. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
5. How many children did Rebekah have?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)