|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
(a) A thoroughbred horse.
(b) Spices from the Orient.
(c) Silk cloth.
(d) A gold earring and two gold bracelets.
2. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
3. Whose son did the prophet Elisha raise from the dead?
(a) The Hittite woman's.
(d) The Shunammite woman's.
4. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
(a) They were their father's favorite children.
(b) Their father died without sons.
(c) Their brothers were younger than them.
(d) Their brothers were criminals.
5. What was Ruth's relationship to Naomi?
(a) She was Naomi's sister.
(b) She was Naomi's mother.
(c) She was Naomi's aunt.
(d) She was Naomi's daughter-in-law.
6. From which of Jochebed's children did the Hebrew priesthood descend?
7. What was the name of Eve's first son?
8. What woman did King Josiah ask to verify whether a scroll contained the word of God?
9. What was Rachel's relationship with Laban?
(a) Laban was her father-in-law.
(b) Laban was her father.
(c) Laban was her neighbor.
(d) Laban was her uncle.
10. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
(b) A command to appear before him in public.
(c) A command to pay her taxes.
(d) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
11. What prophet advised Jezebel to cease her worship of idols?
12. How many children did Rebekah have?
13. What other painters did the story of Lot's wife inspire in addition to the painter who created "Flight of Lot"?
(a) Gozzoli and Lucas Cranach.
(b) Andy Warhol and Georgia O'Keefe.
(c) Frida Kalow and Georgia O'Keefe.
(d) Salvadore Dali and Pablo Picasso.
14. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
(a) Judas Iscariot.
(c) John, the Beloved Disciple.
(d) The apostle Paul.
15. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a market place in Jordan.
(b) At a funeral.
(c) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
(d) At a wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Isaac?
2. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
3. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
4. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
5. In what country was Jochebed born?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)