Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
2. Where did Abraham's servant Eliezer first meet Rebekah?
(a) At a funeral.
(b) At a market place in Jordan.
(c) At a well from which she had come to draw water.
(d) At a wedding.
3. What task did Abraham give Eliezer on behalf of his son, Isaac?
(a) To find a new home for Isaac.
(b) To find a medicine to cure Isaac's blindness.
(c) To find a market for Isaac's sheep and cattle.
(d) To find a wife for Isaac.
4. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(b) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
(c) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
(d) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
5. When Tamar's first husband Er died, who did she take as her second husband?
(a) Her first husband's father.
(b) A cousin.
(c) Er's brother Onan.
(d) A wealthy older shepherd.
6. What god did Jezebel worship and bring with her into Israel when she married King Ahab?
7. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
(a) Laban was his brother.
(b) Laban was his grandfather.
(c) Laban was his maternal uncle.
(d) Laban was his cousin.
8. In what country did Potiphar and his wife live?
9. Who did Haman want to hang?
10. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) His headband.
(b) His sandal.
(c) A lock of his hair.
(d) His garment.
11. How many words in the Old Testament are used to tell the story of Lot's wife?
(d) One hundred.
12. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
(a) The Egyptian Pharoah's daughter.
(b) The Hittite King.
(c) An Egyptian priest.
13. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
(a) He was her brother.
(b) He was her friend.
(c) He was her cousin.
(d) He was her father.
14. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
(b) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
(c) A command to appear before him in public.
(d) A command to pay her taxes.
15. In what country was Jochebed born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Rebekah have?
2. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
3. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
4. Who was Isaac?
5. In what city did Lot and his wife live?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)