|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(b) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
(c) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
(d) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
2. What did God send to destroy Sisera, commander of Jabin's army, and his men?
(a) A pestilence.
(b) Fire and brimstone from a volcano.
(c) An earthquake.
(d) A big storm of sleet and hail.
3. How many sons did Tamar have?
4. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
(a) She had Hagar bear Abraham a son.
(b) She had Hagar make beauty creams for her.
(c) She had Hagar steal jewels and gold for her.
(d) She had Hagar kill Abraham.
5. Who was Bilhah?
(a) A Hittite soldier.
(b) Rachel's maid and the mother of two of Jacob's sons.
(c) Rachel's mother.
(d) Jacob's daughter.
6. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Leave their home and not look back.
(b) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
(c) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
(d) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
7. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
8. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
9. Who did Haman want to hang?
10. What was Mary's relationship to Elisabeth?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were neighbors.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were sisters.
11. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
12. What prophet advised Jezebel to cease her worship of idols?
13. In what city did Lot and his wife live?
14. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) At Jesus' tomb.
(b) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
(c) In the Temple.
(d) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
15. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
(a) A mess of pottage.
(b) A special sword.
(c) A big diamond.
(d) A chest of gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
2. Who was the first woman in the Bible to die in childbirth?
3. From what part of her husband's body did God create Eve?
4. What task did Abraham give Eliezer on behalf of his son, Isaac?
5. What was Dinah's relationship to Leah and Jacob?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)