|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mary's relationship to Elisabeth?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were sisters.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were neighbors.
2. Who did Simeon and Levi murder?
(b) Shechem and Hamor.
3. What was the name of Eve's second son?
4. How many sons did Tamar have?
5. What was the levirate marriage law?
(a) A law that Canaanites had to marry other Canaanites.
(b) The custom of a widow marrying her husband's brother.
(c) A law that a woman had to have parental permission to wed.
(d) The law that a man had to be twenty-eight before marrying.
6. What was the name of Deborah's husband?
7. Who did Rahab hide in her house?
(a) The daughters of Zelophehad.
(b) Two thieves.
(c) Israeli spies.
8. What creature tempted Eve to disobey God?
(a) A bear.
(b) A serpent.
(c) A dove.
(d) A fox.
9. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
(a) Spices from the Orient.
(b) A gold earring and two gold bracelets.
(c) Silk cloth.
(d) A thoroughbred horse.
10. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
(a) As Jesus' spiritual rather than physical siblings.
(b) As nephews and nieces Joseph raised as his own children.
(c) As Joseph's children from a wife he had before Mary.
(d) As orphaned children Joseph and Mary adopted.
11. What did an angel tell Lot and his wife to do?
(a) Repent of their sins and build a temple to God.
(b) Leave their home and not look back.
(c) Dedicate their son Shemuel to God.
(d) Stop worshipping multiple gods and become monotheistic.
12. What was Rachel doing when Jacob first saw her?
(a) Dancing at her sister's wedding.
(b) Weaving cloth.
(c) Tending her father's sheep.
(d) Millking a cow.
13. How many words in the New Testament discuss Lot's wife?
14. Why did the daughters of Zelophad think they were entitled to their father's inheritance?
(a) Their father died without sons.
(b) Their brothers were criminals.
(c) Their brothers were younger than them.
(d) They were their father's favorite children.
15. When Tamar's second husband died, why did she visit her father-in-law in disguise?
(a) To poison him.
(b) To insist he allow her to marry his third son.
(c) To conceive a baby.
(d) To steal jewelry and silver she thought should come to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dinah's brothers object to her husband?
2. What was Sarah's relationship to Abraham?
3. How many chariots did Jabin, the Canaanite king, have to use in war against Deborah's people?
4. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
5. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)