|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
(b) He ignored her.
(c) He rebuked her for tempting him.
(d) He divorced her.
2. What did God tell Rebekah her elder son would do?
(a) Become a great priest.
(b) Win a mighty battle and rule a great nation.
(c) Serve his younger brother.
(d) Commit a great sin.
3. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She stole another woman's child.
(b) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
(c) She lied.
(d) She killed her husband.
4. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
5. Which angel appeared to Mary at Nazareth and told her she would have a son?
6. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
7. For what did Esau sell his birthright?
(a) A mess of pottage.
(b) A big diamond.
(c) A chest of gold.
(d) A special sword.
8. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) At Jesus' tomb.
(b) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
(c) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
(d) In the Temple.
9. When Lot's wife disobeyed the angel, what happened to her?
(a) She was slain by enemy soldiers.
(b) She got sick and died.
(c) She drowned in the Red Sea.
(d) She became a pillar of salt.
10. What Israeli warrior did Deborah accompany into battle at Kedesh?
11. What was unusual about the pregnancy of Mary, the mother of Jesus?
(a) The pregnancy lasted less than nine months.
(b) Mary was a virgin when she conceived.
(c) The pregnancy lasted twelve months.
(d) Mary was too old to have children when she conceived.
12. What was Mordecai's relationship to Esther?
(a) He was her cousin.
(b) He was her brother.
(c) He was her father.
(d) He was her friend.
13. Who was Bilhah?
(a) Jacob's daughter.
(b) Rachel's mother.
(c) Rachel's maid and the mother of two of Jacob's sons.
(d) A Hittite soldier.
14. What was Jacob's relationship with Laban?
(a) Laban was his cousin.
(b) Laban was his maternal uncle.
(c) Laban was his brother.
(d) Laban was his grandfather.
15. Who wrote a poem about Lot's wife?
(a) Max Eastman.
(b) Walt Whitman
(c) Robert Frost.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of her sons was Rebekah's favorite?
2. With what did Eliezer reward Rebekah for her kindness toward him?
3. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
4. What did Sarah have her maid Hagar do when it looked like God's promise might not manifest?
5. Who was the first woman in the Bible to die in childbirth?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)