|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ishmael?
(a) Hagar's husband.
(b) Hagar's son.
(c) Eve's son.
(d) Sarah's son.
2. Who was the only woman to ever sit on the throne of David and rule?
3. Who adopted Jochebed's baby after finding him floating in an ark made of bulrushes?
(a) The Egyptian Pharoah's daughter.
(b) An Egyptian priest.
(d) The Hittite King.
4. In what city did Lot and his wife live?
5. When Potiphar's wife tried to tempt the family's Hebrew overseer to have a romance with her, what did she catch in her hand as he fled her?
(a) His sandal.
(b) His headband.
(c) His garment.
(d) A lock of his hair.
6. Into whose care did Jesus place his mother Mary when he hung on the cross?
(b) The apostle Paul.
(c) John, the Beloved Disciple.
(d) Judas Iscariot.
7. What command of the king's did Queen Vashti refuse to obey?
(a) A command to pay him gold and jewels in tribute.
(b) A command to send soldiers to join his army.
(c) A command to appear before him in public.
(d) A command to pay her taxes.
8. What sin did Eve commit?
(a) She killed her husband.
(b) She stole another woman's child.
(c) She lied.
(d) She ate fruit from the Forbidden Tree.
9. How old was Eve's husband when she gave birth to a third son?
(a) Fifty years old.
(b) One hundred years old.
(c) One hundred and thirty years old.
(d) Twenty years old.
10. What color cord designated Rahab's house to Joshua and his army when they attacked Jericho?
11. When Jacob and his family left Laban's household, who stole Labon's idols?
12. Which angel appeared to Mary at Nazareth and told her she would have a son?
13. What was Sarah's name before God changed it to Sarah?
14. In what location did Mary pray with the new church after the Ascension?
(a) At Jesus' tomb.
(b) In the Upper Room in Jerusalem.
(c) In the Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) In the Temple.
15. How did Eve's husband respond when she tempted him?
(a) He divorced her.
(b) He ignored her.
(c) He ate the forbidden fruit she offered him.
(d) He rebuked her for tempting him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Hebrew slave worked as the overseer in Potiphar's house?
2. What was the financial status of Lot?
3. How many words in the Old Testament are used to tell the story of Lot's wife?
4. How do some scholars explain the siblings of Jesus mentioned in the gospel of Mark?
5. Which Roman ruler sent out a decree that a census of the Roman world would be taken?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)