|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Malcolm X plan to go before the General Assembly of the United Nations?
2. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
3. In Ghana, who does Malcolm X ride with to the airport?
4. Why is Dieter upset after Torvash tells his story?
5. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou with the following people:
1. Her friend Efua.
2. Her suitor Sheikhali.
3. Civil Rights Movement leader Malcolm X.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author uses the following to create a vivid sense of place:
3. Traditions and celebrations.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)