|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
2. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
3. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
4. Who is Mamali?
5. What does Malcolm X say when he notices that Maya is upset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples, describe how Maya goes about handling the following:
2. Culture shock.
3. Genuine misunderstandings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)