|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Maya's disagreement with Guy regarding his girlfriend, she realizes that she must:
2. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
3. Upon his request, what does Maya sing to the Liberian president?
4. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
5. At Dieter's house, everyone is embarrassed when Dieter's mother starts to:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou's idealized view of Africa with the reality of her life in Ghana. How does she come to terms with the gap between fantasy and reality?
Essay Topic 3
Maya's friends help shape her attitudes and even her behavior. Explain how Maya's friends in Ghana help her to "grow up" and adjust to life in another country.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)