|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
2. When Maya confronts her son about his girlfriend, what does he say?
3. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
4. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
5. Why does Malcolm X plan to go before the General Assembly of the United Nations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Maya's fierce independence creates both challenges and opportunities for her in Ghana.
Essay Topic 2
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Not everything goes well for Maya in Ghana. Give two examples of something that is unexpected or goes wrong for Maya in Ghana. In each case, address the following:
1. How Maya is affected by the experience or turn of events.
2. In what way she suffers or struggles.
3. How she grows or matures from the experience.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)