|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helped Julian Mayfield eat sausages he received from America?
2. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
3. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
4. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
5. Why is Dieter upset after Torvash tells his story?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou with the following people:
1. Her friend Efua.
2. Her suitor Sheikhali.
3. Civil Rights Movement leader Malcolm X.
Essay Topic 3
Maya's friends help shape her attitudes and even her behavior. Explain how Maya's friends in Ghana help her to "grow up" and adjust to life in another country.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)