|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Maya share at Dieter's house?
2. What does Maya do when Sheikhali is more than two hours late for a date?
3. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
4. What are the names of the newlyweds Maya stays with while visiting a small African village?
5. What does Malcolm X say when he notices that Maya is upset?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe two major conflicts presented in this book. For each conflict, answer the following:
1. Is it internal or external?
2. How does this conflict affect the author?
3. What resources does she tap into to handle the conflict?
4. In the end, is the conflict resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Maya's reasons for going to Africa.
1. What does she hope to find there?
2. Where does she end up?
3. Did she intend to live there? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)