|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm X say when he notices that Maya is upset?
2. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
3. In Accra, Malcolm X speaks of his falling out with:
4. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
5. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Explain Maya's reasons for going to Africa.
1. What does she hope to find there?
2. Where does she end up?
3. Did she intend to live there? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Despite the challenges Maya faces as she adjusts to living in Ghana, she experiences times when she feels like an integral, vital part of the extended African community. Pinpoint and describe three instances when the author feels very much a part of Africa.
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)