|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
2. After living in Ghana for a time, why does Maya feel she needs to take a vacation away from this nation?
3. When it's Dieter's turn to share a story with Maya and her guest, he tells a somewhat vulgar story about:
4. As Maya sets out to prepare for her job interview for a position at a diamond mine, what does she realize?
5. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the changes taking place in Ghana with the changes happening in the United States during the time period covered in this book.
Essay Topic 2
Maya's friends help shape her attitudes and even her behavior. Explain how Maya's friends in Ghana help her to "grow up" and adjust to life in another country.
Essay Topic 3
Using specific examples, describe how Maya goes about handling the following:
2. Culture shock.
3. Genuine misunderstandings.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)