|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it's Dieter's turn to share a story with Maya and her guest, he tells a somewhat vulgar story about:
2. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
3. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
4. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
5. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
Essay Topic 2
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Maya's fierce independence creates both challenges and opportunities for her in Ghana.
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)