|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
2. At Dieter's house, everyone is embarrassed when Dieter's mother starts to:
3. What does Sheikhali say to Maya regarding her intelligence?
4. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
5. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss in detail three major themes covered in this book. Describe how the author carries these three themes throughout the narration.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Describe how Maya's fierce independence creates both challenges and opportunities for her in Ghana.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)