|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
2. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
3. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
4. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
5. In Accra, Malcolm X speaks of his falling out with:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Not everything goes well for Maya in Ghana. Give two examples of something that is unexpected or goes wrong for Maya in Ghana. In each case, address the following:
1. How Maya is affected by the experience or turn of events.
2. In what way she suffers or struggles.
3. How she grows or matures from the experience.
Essay Topic 2
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou's idealized view of Africa with the reality of her life in Ghana. How does she come to terms with the gap between fantasy and reality?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)