Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
2. When Maya takes a trip into the bush and meets with a tribal leader, where does the man think Maya is from?
3. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
4. Who is Mamali?
5. As Maya sets out to prepare for her job interview for a position at a diamond mine, what does she realize?
Describe two major conflicts presented in this book. For each conflict, answer the following:
1. Is it internal or external?
2. How does this conflict affect the author?
3. What resources does she tap into to handle the conflict?
4. In the end, is the conflict resolved? If so, how?
Explain how the author uses the following to create a vivid sense of place:
3. Traditions and celebrations.
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)