|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
2. When Maya confronts her son about his girlfriend, what does he say?
3. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
4. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
5. The chapter with Malcolm X sheds tremendous light on Maya's perspectives regarding:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Readers watch the author grow and evolve as the narration proceeds. Describe two ways in which the author has grown or changed by the end of the story. What major factors contributed to these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Describe two major conflicts presented in this book. For each conflict, answer the following:
1. Is it internal or external?
2. How does this conflict affect the author?
3. What resources does she tap into to handle the conflict?
4. In the end, is the conflict resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 3
Even though Maya is living in another continent, the Civil Rights Movement taking place in the U.S. remains near and dear to her heart. How does Maya Angelou remain active in and passionate about the Civil Rights Movement even though she's a whole continent away?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)