|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
2. Why does Malcolm X refuse to dance during a party in his honor given by the Ghana Press Club?
3. What does Malcolm X say when asked why he came to Ghana?
4. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
5. Upon his request, what does Maya sing to the Liberian president?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe two major conflicts presented in this book. For each conflict, answer the following:
1. Is it internal or external?
2. How does this conflict affect the author?
3. What resources does she tap into to handle the conflict?
4. In the end, is the conflict resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Explain Maya's reasons for going to Africa.
1. What does she hope to find there?
2. Where does she end up?
3. Did she intend to live there? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)