|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter with Malcolm X sheds tremendous light on Maya's perspectives regarding:
2. Who listens to Malcolm X when he visits Accra while Maya lives there?
3. What does Nana Nketsia ask of Maya?
4. When the German couple tells Maya she can bring whomever she wants as a guest, who does Maya choose?
5. In Accra, Malcolm X speaks of his falling out with:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe two major conflicts presented in this book. For each conflict, answer the following:
1. Is it internal or external?
2. How does this conflict affect the author?
3. What resources does she tap into to handle the conflict?
4. In the end, is the conflict resolved? If so, how?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou with the following people:
1. Her friend Efua.
2. Her suitor Sheikhali.
3. Civil Rights Movement leader Malcolm X.
Essay Topic 3
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)