|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Malcolm X respond when a university student asks how he can represent blacks when his skin is so light?
2. How is Maya treated when she visits a small African village?
3. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
4. What is the time difference between Washington DC and Ghana?
5. When the German couple tells Maya she can bring whomever she wants as a guest, who does Maya choose?
Essay Topic 1
Even though Maya is living in another continent, the Civil Rights Movement taking place in the U.S. remains near and dear to her heart. How does Maya Angelou remain active in and passionate about the Civil Rights Movement even though she's a whole continent away?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss in detail three major themes covered in this book. Describe how the author carries these three themes throughout the narration.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)