Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
2. When Maya takes a trip into the bush and meets with a tribal leader, where does the man think Maya is from?
3. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
4. Who is Mamali?
5. As Maya sets out to prepare for her job interview for a position at a diamond mine, what does she realize?
Essay Topic 1
Using specific examples, describe how Maya goes about handling the following:
2. Culture shock.
3. Genuine misunderstandings.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
Essay Topic 3
Despite the challenges Maya faces as she adjusts to living in Ghana, she experiences times when she feels like an integral, vital part of the extended African community. Pinpoint and describe three instances when the author feels very much a part of Africa.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)