|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
2. Why does Malcolm X approach the public figure who is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time he is?
3. Why does Malcolm X refuse to dance during a party in his honor given by the Ghana Press Club?
4. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
5. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou with the following people:
1. Her friend Efua.
2. Her suitor Sheikhali.
3. Civil Rights Movement leader Malcolm X.
Essay Topic 3
Does Maya find what she's looking for in Africa? Explain and elaborate.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)