|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After living at the YMCA, where does Maya move to temporarily?
2. What job does Maya's friend, Vicki, get in Africa?
3. Who is Julian Mayfield?
4. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
5. When Maya is invited into T.D. Bafoo's office, what does she expect will happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the Revolutionist Returnees trying to help Malcolm X achieve?
2. How are the Americans in Ghana regarded following an assassination attempt on the nation's president?
3. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
4. Who is Malcolm X?
5. What happens to Comfort, Maya's hairstylist?
6. Describe Sheikhali's and Maya's first date.
7. Describe the thanksgiving feast Maya attends in Aburi.
8. Does Maya find what she seeks in Africa?
9. Back in Accra, why is Maya taken to the home of Nana Nketsia, a local tribe chief and adviser to the president?
10. After her time in Germany comes to an end, where does Maya travel to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Essay Topic 2
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Readers watch the author grow and evolve as the narration proceeds. Describe two ways in which the author has grown or changed by the end of the story. What major factors contributed to these changes?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)