|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. This book recounts the author's years in:
2. Which of the following best describes Maya?
3. How does the author feel about discrimination?
4. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
5. Maya meets Efua Sutherland, who is head of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who accompanies Maya when she has breakfast with the German couple?
2. What does Dieter ask of Maya?
3. Describe who Kojo is.
4. Why doesn't Malcolm X celebrate during a party the Ghana Press Club throws in his honor?
5. Who are Alice and Vicki?
6. How does Maya react to Sheikhali's ongoing marriage proposals?
7. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
8. Why does Sheikhali believe that he is doing Maya a favor by offering to marry her?
9. How does Maya react to Kojo's request?
10. Who is Sheikhali?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the changes taking place in Ghana with the changes happening in the United States during the time period covered in this book.
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)