Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Maya is at the festival in Aburi, who comes to her table?
2. Maya meets Efua Sutherland, who is head of what?
3. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
4. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
5. How does Maya feel living in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. After seeing her son in good spirits and recovering well at the hospital, how does Maya get out of the depression she's been in?
2. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
3. How does Maya help dance teacher Grace Nuamah, and how does Grace repay Maya?
4. Why does Maya go to Germany?
5. Why doesn't Malcolm X celebrate during a party the Ghana Press Club throws in his honor?
6. How do the Revolutionist Returnees help Malcolm X when he goes to Accra?
7. What rumors does Maya hear that make her worry about her son?
8. What are the Revolutionist Returnees trying to help Malcolm X achieve?
9. Describe the thanksgiving feast Maya attends in Aburi.
10. Describe the friendship that Maya develops with T.D. Bafoo and his wife.
Despite the challenges Maya faces as she adjusts to living in Ghana, she experiences times when she feels like an integral, vital part of the extended African community. Pinpoint and describe three instances when the author feels very much a part of Africa.
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Explain how the author's usage of feelings, including disappointment, elation, and confusion, adds a broader dimension to the narrative.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)