|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Professor J.H. Nketia help Maya with?
2. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
3. After being treated poorly by some in Ghana, Maya wonders what?
4. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
5. Once she realizes that her son is going to be all right after what happens to him unexpectedly, Maya starts to:
Short Essay Questions
1. After being mistreated and discriminated against by people whose skin color is the same as hers, what does Maya start to theorize?
2. What trip does Maya take before leaving Ghana for the United States?
3. How does Malcolm's encounter with Muhammad Ali go?
4. What does Maya do in order to look more like Ghanaian women?
5. What important discovery does Maya make at the market in Keta?
6. What does Maya dislike about Sheikhali?
7. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
8. Who are Alice and Vicki?
9. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
10. What are the Revolutionist Returnees trying to help Malcolm X achieve?
Essay Topic 1
Shed light on the meaning of the title chosen for this book, "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes." How does this title apply to the following? Be sure to cite examples from the book:
1. Living in a foreign country.
2. Finding similarities among diverse peoples.
3. Making an effort to meet people where they are.
Essay Topic 2
Not everything goes well for Maya in Ghana. Give two examples of something that is unexpected or goes wrong for Maya in Ghana. In each case, address the following:
1. How Maya is affected by the experience or turn of events.
2. In what way she suffers or struggles.
3. How she grows or matures from the experience.
Essay Topic 3
Readers watch the author grow and evolve as the narration proceeds. Describe two ways in which the author has grown or changed by the end of the story. What major factors contributed to these changes?
This section contains 1,318 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)