|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
(b) A movie.
(c) A play.
2. Maya cannot accept the invitation by the German man and his wife, but instead suggests what?
(a) The couple calls her later in the week.
(b) They read her book of poetry.
(c) They have breakfast together.
(d) They go to a nightclub later that evening.
3. What offer does Maya receive that would take her to Germany and Venice?
(a) To tour Europe with an ambassador.
(b) To write about a play.
(c) To do a speaking tour.
(d) To take part in a play.
4. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
(a) A television party at Nana Nketsia's home to watch the march.
(b) A candlelight peace vigil outside Maya's house.
(c) Their own march to the American Embassy.
(d) A 24-hour prayer vigil to help protect Martin Luther King.
5. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
2. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
3. After living in Ghana for a time, why does Maya feel she needs to take a vacation away from this nation?
4. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
5. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)