|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
(a) The university's chancellor.
(b) Ghana's star soccer player.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) Ghana's president.
2. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
(a) Religious tolerance.
(b) The gender divide.
3. Why does Malcolm X plan to go before the General Assembly of the United Nations?
(a) To present his case for black Americans.
(b) To deliver his World Treatise for Civil Rights.
(c) To request the release of political prisoners in Cuba.
(d) To ask for an international children's olympics event.
4. Upon his request, what does Maya sing to the Liberian president?
(a) Amazing Grace.
(b) Nearer, My God, To Thee.
(c) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
(d) How Great Thou Art.
5. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
(a) Embracing him warmly.
(b) Falling and getting a concussion.
(c) Chastising him.
(d) Tripping over a suitcase.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malcolm X goes to talk in Accra, he has just completed a pilgrimage to where?
2. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
3. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
4. Why does Sheikhali speak to Maya through Mamali?
5. Why does Maya feel angry towards Shirley Graham Du Bois?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)