|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Maya's disagreement with Guy regarding his girlfriend, she realizes that she must:
(a) Talk to the girlfriend.
(b) Give him space.
(c) Use reverse psychology.
(d) Give him an ultimatum.
2. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
(a) The captain of Ghana's national soccer team.
(b) The president of the university.
(c) The publisher of Accra's biggest newspaper.
(d) Ambassadors from several countries, including China and Cuba.
3. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
(a) A 24-hour prayer vigil to help protect Martin Luther King.
(b) Their own march to the American Embassy.
(c) A television party at Nana Nketsia's home to watch the march.
(d) A candlelight peace vigil outside Maya's house.
4. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
(a) All afternoon and into early evening.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) All night and through the morning and early afternoon.
5. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
(a) He overslept.
(b) She should not be upset.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) She has every reason to be upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malcolm X say when he notices that Maya is upset?
2. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
3. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
4. What does Guy do when Maya becomes angry and tries to assert her maternal authority?
5. By meeting and getting to know Malcolm X, Maya finds her own opinions:
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)