|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After living in Ghana for a time, why does Maya feel she needs to take a vacation away from this nation?
(a) To get away from Sheikhali.
(b) To try new foods.
(c) To see other parts of Africa.
(d) To clear her head.
2. When Malcolm X goes to talk in Accra, he has just completed a pilgrimage to where?
3. When friends ask Maya to sing for the visiting Liberian president, how does she react?
(a) Grows silent and pensive.
(b) Jumps up and down with glee.
(c) Reluctantly agrees.
(d) Nearly faints with disbelief.
4. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
(a) All afternoon and into early evening.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) All night and through the morning and early afternoon.
5. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
(a) He's a spy.
(b) He's probably a Nazi.
(c) He's old and senile.
(d) They're old friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
2. Upon his request, what does Maya sing to the Liberian president?
3. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
4. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
5. In Accra, Malcolm X speaks of his falling out with:
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)