|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maya brings her guest with her to the home of the German couple, how does the host react?
(a) With contempt.
(b) He's pleased and welcomes the two warmly.
(c) With complete indifference.
(d) Somewhat surprised.
2. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
(a) Israeli actor on tour.
(b) American ambassador who has a crush on her.
(c) Ghanaian dignitary on vacation.
(d) Italian poet who admires her.
3. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
4. What does Sheikhali say to Maya regarding her intelligence?
(a) She is infinitely smarter than him.
(b) He is in tremendous awe of her vast wealth of knowledge.
(c) She reads too many books.
(d) She is book smart.
5. What does Guy do when Maya becomes angry and tries to assert her maternal authority?
(a) He tells her to mind her own business.
(b) He hugs her and tells her to cut it out.
(c) He walks away.
(d) He knocks over a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malcolm X speaks in Accra, what does he say has changed in his attitude towards whites?
2. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
3. In Ghana, who does Malcolm X ride with to the airport?
4. When Malcolm X goes to talk in Accra, he has just completed a pilgrimage to where?
5. Why does Nana Nketsia go to Maya's house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)