|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
(a) Ghana's president.
(b) The university's chancellor.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) Ghana's star soccer player.
2. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
(a) Cecily Tyson.
(b) Louis Gosset Jr.
(c) James Earl Jones.
(d) All of them.
3. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
(a) All afternoon and into early evening.
(b) Half an hour.
(c) Three days.
(d) All night and through the morning and early afternoon.
4. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
(a) Ghanaian dignitary on vacation.
(b) Italian poet who admires her.
(c) American ambassador who has a crush on her.
(d) Israeli actor on tour.
5. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
(a) A candlelight peace vigil outside Maya's house.
(b) A television party at Nana Nketsia's home to watch the march.
(c) Their own march to the American Embassy.
(d) A 24-hour prayer vigil to help protect Martin Luther King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dunkwa?
2. When Malcolm X speaks in Accra, what does he say has changed in his attitude towards whites?
3. Who listens to Malcolm X when he visits Accra while Maya lives there?
4. Why does Malcolm X approach the public figure who is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time he is?
5. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)