|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Play Maya is in.
(b) Song Maya is learning.
(c) Poem Maya is writing.
(d) Book Maya is editing.
2. How is Maya treated when she visits a small African village?
(a) She is welcomed warmly and shown much hospitality.
(b) The villagers stare at her with open, unabashed curiosity.
(c) She is given many chores to do to pay for her meals.
(d) The villagers are wary of her and keep their distance.
3. When Maya brings her guest with her to the home of the German couple, how does the host react?
(a) With contempt.
(b) He's pleased and welcomes the two warmly.
(c) With complete indifference.
(d) Somewhat surprised.
4. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
(a) Says she'll think about it.
(d) Laughs sarcastically.
5. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
(a) The gender divide.
(d) Religious tolerance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time difference between Washington DC and Ghana?
2. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
3. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
4. Why does Sheikhali speak to Maya through Mamali?
5. What offer does Maya receive that would take her to Germany and Venice?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)