|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nana Nketsia ask of Maya?
(a) If she would spy on her neighbors.
(b) If she would recite a prayer at the church ceremony.
(c) If she would be willing to write a poem for the president.
(d) If she would like another job with twice the pay.
2. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
(a) She slaps him.
(b) She says she already has a husband.
(c) She refuses.
(d) She says she'll think about it.
3. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
(a) Farmers, teachers, volunteers, college students, and vacationers.
(b) Dignitaries, ambassadors, professors, and Ghana's president.
(c) Families, groups of preschoolers, and newlyweds.
(d) Chinese, Australian, Brazilian, and Haitian immigrants.
4. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
(a) All afternoon and into early evening.
(b) All night and through the morning and early afternoon.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Three days.
5. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Song Maya is learning.
(b) Book Maya is editing.
(c) Play Maya is in.
(d) Poem Maya is writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Malcolm X speaks in Accra, what does he say has changed in his attitude towards whites?
2. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
3. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
4. What does Sheikhali say to Maya regarding her intelligence?
5. How is Maya treated when she visits a small African village?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)