|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nana Nketsia ask of Maya?
(a) If she would like another job with twice the pay.
(b) If she would spy on her neighbors.
(c) If she would be willing to write a poem for the president.
(d) If she would recite a prayer at the church ceremony.
2. What public figure is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time that Malcolm X is leaving?
(a) James Earl Jones.
(b) Sidney Poitier.
(c) George Foreman.
(d) Muhammad Ali.
3. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
(a) A married woman.
(b) Older than she is.
(c) The president's sister.
4. When friends ask Maya to sing for the visiting Liberian president, how does she react?
(a) Grows silent and pensive.
(b) Nearly faints with disbelief.
(c) Reluctantly agrees.
(d) Jumps up and down with glee.
5. After living in Ghana for a time, why does Maya feel she needs to take a vacation away from this nation?
(a) To clear her head.
(b) To try new foods.
(c) To see other parts of Africa.
(d) To get away from Sheikhali.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maya happy that a tribal leader mistook her national identity?
2. Who is Mamali?
3. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
4. When Malcolm X speaks in Accra, what does he say has changed in his attitude towards whites?
5. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)