|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
(a) The president's sister.
(c) Older than she is.
(d) A married woman.
2. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
(a) His car broke down.
(b) He overslept.
(c) She has every reason to be upset.
(d) She should not be upset.
3. What story does Maya share at Dieter's house?
(a) Little Red Hen.
(b) Brer Rabbit.
(c) Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Three Little Pigs.
4. Why does Nana Nketsia go to Maya's house?
(a) To ask questions about a crime.
(b) To invite her to a church ceremony.
(c) To ask her to attend a writer's conference.
(d) To escort her to his home.
5. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
(a) Cecily Tyson.
(b) James Earl Jones.
(c) Louis Gosset Jr.
(d) All of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Guy do when Maya becomes angry and tries to assert her maternal authority?
2. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
3. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
4. What are the names of the newlyweds Maya stays with while visiting a small African village?
5. What is Dunkwa?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)