|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
(b) A play.
(c) A movie.
2. What does Malcolm X say when asked why he came to Ghana?
(a) To gather support from governments.
(b) To play soccer with Ghana's top team.
(c) To meet with renowned university professors.
(d) To conduct further research in African studies.
3. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Book Maya is editing.
(b) Poem Maya is writing.
(c) Play Maya is in.
(d) Song Maya is learning.
4. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
(a) The gender divide.
(b) Religious tolerance.
5. What public figure is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time that Malcolm X is leaving?
(a) Muhammad Ali.
(b) George Foreman.
(c) James Earl Jones.
(d) Sidney Poitier.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Nana Nketsia?
2. When it's Dieter's turn to share a story with Maya and her guest, he tells a somewhat vulgar story about:
3. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
4. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
5. After Malcolm is whisked away at the airport, how do Maya and her friends feel?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)