|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya cannot accept the invitation by the German man and his wife, but instead suggests what?
(a) They go to a nightclub later that evening.
(b) They read her book of poetry.
(c) They have breakfast together.
(d) The couple calls her later in the week.
2. By meeting and getting to know Malcolm X, Maya finds her own opinions:
(a) Mattering more than before.
(b) Being tested.
(d) Being ridiculed.
3. Why does Malcolm X approach the public figure who is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time he is?
(a) To get his autograph.
(b) To ask for his support.
(c) To express his admiration.
(d) To argue with him.
4. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
(a) The university's chancellor.
(b) The American ambassador.
(c) Ghana's star soccer player.
(d) Ghana's president.
5. Who is Nana Nketsia?
(a) Adviser to the president.
(b) Chief of police.
(c) Star of Ghana's top soap opera.
(d) Leader of Ghana's Anglican Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
2. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
3. What did the Revolutionist Returnees plan in conjunction with Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
4. At Dieter's house, everyone is embarrassed when Dieter's mother starts to:
5. When the German couple tells Maya she can bring whomever she wants as a guest, who does Maya choose?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)