|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Poem Maya is writing.
(b) Play Maya is in.
(c) Song Maya is learning.
(d) Book Maya is editing.
2. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
(a) Says she'll think about it.
(b) Laughs sarcastically.
3. What does Malcolm X say when he notices that Maya is upset?
(a) Asks if she's sad because he has to leave.
(b) Tells her she should be happy.
(c) Tells her she has no reason to feel sorry for herself.
(d) Asks why she's upset.
4. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
(a) He overslept.
(b) She has every reason to be upset.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) She should not be upset.
5. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
(a) She gently corrects her English pronunciation.
(b) She asks the girl to refer to her by her last name, not her first.
(c) She asks the girl to call her "Mrs." instead of "Lady."
(d) She gently corrects her usage of past and present tenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
2. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
3. Why does Sheikhali speak to Maya through Mamali?
4. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
5. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)