|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What promise do T.D. Bafoo and his wife make to Maya?
(a) To serve as mentors for her son.
(b) To pay for her trip back to the United States.
(c) To help her discover a deeper part of Ghana.
(d) To look for a suitable husband for her.
2. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Ghanaian speaking rudely about what?
(a) Egyptian leaders.
(b) The U.S. President.
(c) Ghana's government.
(d) Kenyan students.
3. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
(c) Photo developing.
(d) Social skills.
4. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) University of Douala.
(b) National University of Rwanda.
(c) University of Ghana.
(d) University of Nairobi.
5. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
(a) He already has a wife.
(b) She doesn't like his children.
(c) She already has a job.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
2. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
3. What language do Maya and Sheikhali prefer to converse in?
4. After their meal on their first date, Sheikhali takes Maya to a hotel to:
5. What does the hairdresser tease Maya about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's new president, regard the Americans who have moved to his country?
2. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
3. Why is the first-person point of view especially effective in "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes?"
4. How is Maya regarded in the market at Keta?
5. Describe the meeting between Guy and Maya when he picks her up from the airport.
6. Describe the friendship that Maya develops with T.D. Bafoo and his wife.
7. After her time in Germany comes to an end, where does Maya travel to?
8. How does Maya react to Sheikhali's ongoing marriage proposals?
9. Explain why Efua tells Maya that Africa is falling apart.
10. When she arrives at Ghana, what is Maya Angelou's intention?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)