|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya and her friends, Vicki and Alice, open up their home for whom?
(a) Local actors.
(b) Foreign exchange students.
(c) Political discussion groups.
(d) Christian study groups.
2. What does Kojo say when Maya explains she has no funds?
(a) He wants to hire her.
(b) He's not looking for a job.
(c) He'll work for tips.
(d) He thanks her nonetheless.
3. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
(a) Charismatic religious leader in Kenya.
(b) Popular celebrity in Cameroon.
(c) Freedom fighter in Rwanda.
(d) New president of Ghana.
4. At the celebration at Aburi, Maya is given a handkerchief which she uses to:
(a) Clean a child's face.
(b) Wipe her tears.
(c) Wave in the air.
(d) Tie back her hair.
5. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
(a) Social skills.
(b) Photo developing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
2. What does Sheikhali want Maya to do for his children?
3. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
4. When Maya and her friends talk with a couple who have just arrived from the United States, what do they tell the couple?
5. Following Maya's reaction to the Senior Common Room discussion, what does the steward do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maya have a meal with a German couple?
2. What do Vicki and Alice tell a newly arrived American couple from Chicago?
3. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
4. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
5. Why doesn't Malcolm X celebrate during a party the Ghana Press Club throws in his honor?
6. How are the Americans in Ghana regarded following an assassination attempt on the nation's president?
7. After seeing her son in good spirits and recovering well at the hospital, how does Maya get out of the depression she's been in?
8. After being mistreated and discriminated against by people whose skin color is the same as hers, what does Maya start to theorize?
9. How does Maya react to Sheikhali's ongoing marriage proposals?
10. Why does Malcolm X go to Ghana?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)