|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
(a) Mid forties.
(b) Late nineties.
(c) Late seventies.
(d) Mid sixties.
2. While watching dancers at the festival in Aburi, what does Maya notice?
(a) She wore the wrong shoes.
(b) She finds a large man across the room to be attractive.
(c) Everyone is wearing something green.
(d) Her friend Efua is an amazing dancer.
3. What major movement is happening in the United States while Maya lives in Africa?
(a) Civil rights.
(b) Children's rights.
(c) Immigration rights.
(d) Gay rights.
4. How does Maya feel living in Africa?
(a) Terribly homesick.
(b) Accepted and not disciminated against.
(c) Like a second-class citizen.
(d) It's no different than living in the United States.
5. Who does Kojo remind Maya of?
(a) Her son Guy.
(b) Her brother Bailey.
(c) Her steward Otu.
(d) Her friend Julian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
2. Which of the following best describes Maya?
3. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
4. One day, Kojo tells Maya that she has visitors waiting in the:
5. Kojo tells Maya that he wants to go to school where?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Sheikhali?
2. What does Maya do in order to look more like Ghanaian women?
3. Why does Maya go to Germany?
4. How is Maya treated by the villagers at Dunkwa?
5. How does Maya react to Sheikhali's marriage proposal?
6. Who is Malcolm X?
7. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
8. Who accompanies Maya when she has breakfast with the German couple?
9. What emotions surface for Maya when she passes by Cape Coast in Ghana?
10. How successful is the march organized by the Revolutionist Returnees?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)