|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
(a) He already has a wife.
(b) She already has a job.
(c) She doesn't want to leave the country.
(d) She doesn't like his children.
2. What else does Professor J.H. Nketia help Maya with?
(a) Learning the language.
(b) Running a campaign.
(c) Contacting the president.
(d) Finding a car.
3. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) National University of Rwanda.
(b) University of Nairobi.
(c) University of Ghana.
(d) University of Douala.
4. How does Maya describe T.D. Bafoo and his wife as a couple?
5. After Maya's visit with Efua Sutherland, she goes to the hospital and finds that:
(a) Her son has been moved to another hospital.
(b) They desperately need volunteers.
(c) Her son is in good spirits and doing well.
(d) There is a severe staff shortage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maya asked during the celebration in Aburi?
2. What does Kojo's family give Maya?
3. What does Sheikhali want Maya to do for his children?
4. After Maya's friends Alice and Vicki tell the Chicago stockyard worker and his wife about life in Ghana, what does the man do?
5. When Maya first goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office, who does she want to talk with?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maya regarded in the market at Keta?
2. After seeing her son in good spirits and recovering well at the hospital, how does Maya get out of the depression she's been in?
3. What changes Maya's plans, causing her to stay in Ghana indefinitely?
4. How does Maya help dance teacher Grace Nuamah, and how does Grace repay Maya?
5. Describe Sheikhali's and Maya's first date.
6. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
7. How does Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's new president, regard the Americans who have moved to his country?
8. Explain why Efua tells Maya that Africa is falling apart.
9. While in Ghana, who does Malcolm X end up meeting with?
10. When she arrives at Ghana, what is Maya Angelou's intention?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)