|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Maya's friends Alice and Vicki tell the Chicago stockyard worker and his wife about life in Ghana, what does the man do?
(a) Threatens to leave.
(b) Applies for work immediately.
(c) Accuses them of lying.
(d) Goes into a depression.
2. What language do Maya and Sheikhali prefer to converse in?
3. After their meal on their first date, Sheikhali takes Maya to a hotel to:
(a) Meet dignitaries.
(c) Eat crepes.
(d) Listen to musicians.
4. Which of the following best describes Maya?
5. In Aburi, Maya and her friend watch a parade where Maya especially enjoys what?
(a) Spanish guitars.
(b) Blaring horns.
(c) Australian didgeridoos.
(d) Beating drums.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Maya is at the festival in Aburi, who comes to her table?
2. How does the author feel about discrimination?
3. How were Americans regarded in Ghana after an assassination attempt on the Ghanaian president?
4. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
5. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
Short Essay Questions
1. What work does Maya find in Ghana?
2. How is Maya treated by the villagers at Dunkwa?
3. How is Maya regarded in the market at Keta?
4. While drinking schnapps at Nana Nketsia's home, what do Nana, Maya, and poet Kwesi Brew discuss?
5. What does Maya dislike about Sheikhali?
6. Why doesn't Malcolm X celebrate during a party the Ghana Press Club throws in his honor?
7. Why does Maya decide to return to the United States?
8. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
9. How are the Americans in Ghana regarded following an assassination attempt on the nation's president?
10. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)