|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
(a) Popular celebrity in Cameroon.
(b) New president of Ghana.
(c) Freedom fighter in Rwanda.
(d) Charismatic religious leader in Kenya.
2. What is Maya's son's name?
3. What language do Maya and Sheikhali prefer to converse in?
4. How does the receptionist at the Ghana Broadcasting office treat Maya?
(b) Offers her a soda.
(d) Refuses to talk with her.
5. Kojo tells Maya that he wants to go to school where?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
2. What does the hairdresser tease Maya about?
3. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
4. After listening to the negative talk going on in the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, how does she react?
5. What major movement is happening in the United States while Maya lives in Africa?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maya treated by the villagers at Dunkwa?
2. How is Maya regarded in the market at Keta?
3. After seeing her son in good spirits and recovering well at the hospital, how does Maya get out of the depression she's been in?
4. What rumors does Maya hear that make her worry about her son?
5. What work does Maya find in Ghana?
6. How does Malcolm's encounter with Muhammad Ali go?
7. Why does Maya go to Germany?
8. Describe the friendship that Maya develops with T.D. Bafoo and his wife.
9. What happens to Comfort, Maya's hairstylist?
10. What happens when Ms. Angelou goes to the office of the "Ghanaian Times" in her search for work?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)