|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ghana, Maya is invited to an "outdooring." What is an outdooring?
(a) Baby naming ceremony.
(b) Outdoor potluck.
(c) House painting party.
(d) Neighborhood campfire.
2. What article is Maya asked to write when she looks for journalism work in Africa?
(a) America Today.
(b) American Cuisine.
(c) Reflections of Africa.
(d) African Heritage.
3. Not long after their first meeting, what does Sheikhali ask Maya?
(a) If she's ever been to Egypt.
(b) To marry him.
(c) Why she left the United States.
(d) To work as his translator.
4. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
(a) He already has a wife.
(b) She already has a job.
(c) She doesn't want to leave the country.
(d) She doesn't like his children.
5. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
(b) Blame others.
(c) Scold her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Maya invites her visitors into the living room, she finds that:
2. How does Maya regard T.D. Bafoo and his wife?
3. At the celebration at Aburi, Maya is given a handkerchief which she uses to:
4. As they share a meal at a local restaurant, Sheikhali tells Maya that he was a:
5. Who is Julian Mayfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Maya treated by the villagers at Dunkwa?
2. How does Malcolm's encounter with Muhammad Ali go?
3. What does Dieter ask of Maya?
4. How does Maya help dance teacher Grace Nuamah, and how does Grace repay Maya?
5. While drinking schnapps at Nana Nketsia's home, what do Nana, Maya, and poet Kwesi Brew discuss?
6. Describe Sheikhali's and Maya's first date.
7. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
8. Why does Maya have a meal with a German couple?
9. Why does Maya go to Germany?
10. Describe who Kojo is.
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)