|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After living at the YMCA, where does Maya move to temporarily?
(a) Empty house of a professor on leave.
(b) Penthouse apartment of a luxurious hotel.
(c) Home of a distant aunt.
(d) Small studio on campus.
2. How does Maya describe T.D. Bafoo and his wife as a couple?
3. How does the author feel about discrimination?
(a) She tolerates it when it's convenient.
(b) She cannot accept it in any form.
(c) She understands why some choose to discriminate.
(d) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
4. Who is Julian Mayfield?
(a) Maya's boss.
(b) Friend of Maya's.
(c) Maya's son's doctor.
(d) Professor of Maya's son.
5. How does Maya regard T.D. Bafoo and his wife?
(a) With anger.
(b) With respect.
(c) With uncertainty.
(d) With distrust.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Grace Nuamah?
2. When Maya is invited into T.D. Bafoo's office, what does she expect will happen?
3. After Maya explains to the Chicago stockyard worker and his wife that she and her friends are simply trying to prepare the couple for the realities of life in Ghana, what does the couple decide?
4. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
5. Where is Maya's son studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do others react to Maya's anger and bitterness following her son's accident?
2. Who accompanies Maya when she has breakfast with the German couple?
3. What emotions surface for Maya when she passes by Cape Coast in Ghana?
4. Why doesn't Malcolm X celebrate during a party the Ghana Press Club throws in his honor?
5. What work does Maya find in Ghana?
6. What changes Maya's plans, causing her to stay in Ghana indefinitely?
7. After her time in Germany comes to an end, where does Maya travel to?
8. Describe the friendship that Maya develops with T.D. Bafoo and his wife.
9. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
10. Describe who Kojo is.
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)