|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the celebration at Aburi, Maya is given a handkerchief which she uses to:
(a) Wipe her tears.
(b) Clean a child's face.
(c) Wave in the air.
(d) Tie back her hair.
2. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
(a) South African freedom fighters.
(b) Americans trying to spread democracy.
(c) Americans seeking refuge in Africa.
(d) Africans working to end hunger.
3. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
(a) Legassi Gardens Apartments.
(c) Motel Six.
(d) Crystal Hostel.
4. Not long after their first meeting, what does Sheikhali ask Maya?
(a) If she's ever been to Egypt.
(b) To marry him.
(c) Why she left the United States.
(d) To work as his translator.
5. After their meal on their first date, Sheikhali takes Maya to a hotel to:
(a) Eat crepes.
(b) Meet dignitaries.
(c) Listen to musicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the people of Ghana feel about the migration of American blacks to their nation?
2. What is Maya asked during the celebration in Aburi?
3. After listening to the negative talk going on in the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, how does she react?
4. Maya learns that Kojo's family are middle class:
5. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the first-person point of view especially effective in "All God's Children Need Traveling Shoes?"
2. What happens when Ms. Angelou goes to the office of the "Ghanaian Times" in her search for work?
3. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
4. While drinking schnapps at Nana Nketsia's home, what do Nana, Maya, and poet Kwesi Brew discuss?
5. How do Ghanaians in general feel about the black Americans moving to their country?
6. Who is Sheikhali?
7. While in Ghana, who does Malcolm X end up meeting with?
8. Why does Maya decide to return to the United States?
9. How is Maya treated when she goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office and asks to speak with the person who hires writers?
10. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)