|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article is Maya asked to write when she looks for journalism work in Africa?
(a) America Today.
(b) American Cuisine.
(c) African Heritage.
(d) Reflections of Africa.
2. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
(a) To leave her abusive husband.
(b) To work with labor unions.
(c) To work on heritage preservation.
(d) To escape from her overprotective parents.
3. Which of the following is not a prominent theme in the book?
4. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
(a) Late nineties.
(b) Mid sixties.
(c) Mid forties.
(d) Late seventies.
5. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Yugoslav woman ridicule what?
(a) The futility of the Vietnam War.
(b) The reaction of blacks to treatment received in America 300 years ago.
(c) The decision by whites to keep the races apart in South Africa.
(d) The silliness of trying to reach the moon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Sheikhali send to Maya?
2. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
3. Where is Maya's son studying?
4. Why has Kojo's family come from Akwapim to speak with Maya?
5. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Maya find what she seeks in Africa?
2. How does Maya react in the Senior Common Room when she hears Europeans and Ghanaians making disparaging remarks?
3. Why does Maya decide to return to the United States?
4. How do others react to Maya's anger and bitterness following her son's accident?
5. Describe Sheikhali's and Maya's first date.
6. After her time in Germany comes to an end, where does Maya travel to?
7. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
8. Explain why Kojo's family visits Maya.
9. Why does Maya have a meal with a German couple?
10. After seeing her son in good spirits and recovering well at the hospital, how does Maya get out of the depression she's been in?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)