|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once she realizes that her son is going to be all right after what happens to him unexpectedly, Maya starts to:
(a) Write a poem honoring humanity.
(b) Volunteer at the library.
(c) Create a sculpture as a gift for her son.
(d) Take care of herself and make friends.
2. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
(a) Moves in with Maya.
(b) Gets a job at a local restaurant.
(c) Takes up playing the guitar.
(d) Travels to Tanzania.
3. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
(a) To leave her abusive husband.
(b) To work on heritage preservation.
(c) To work with labor unions.
(d) To escape from her overprotective parents.
4. To thank Maya for finding her misplaced pay envelope, what does Grace Nuamah do?
(a) Takes Maya to the movies.
(b) Treats Maya to lunch.
(c) Writes a poem for Maya.
(d) Buys Maya a purse.
5. How does the receptionist at the Ghana Broadcasting office treat Maya?
(a) Offers her a soda.
(b) Refuses to talk with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
2. What major movement is happening in the United States while Maya lives in Africa?
3. While watching dancers at the festival in Aburi, what does Maya notice?
4. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
5. After their meal on their first date, Sheikhali takes Maya to a hotel to:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maya dislike about Sheikhali?
2. What happens when Ms. Angelou goes to the office of the "Ghanaian Times" in her search for work?
3. Who is Malcolm X?
4. Explain why Efua tells Maya that Africa is falling apart.
5. What does Dieter ask of Maya?
6. When she arrives at Ghana, what is Maya Angelou's intention?
7. How are the Americans in Ghana regarded following an assassination attempt on the nation's president?
8. What work does Maya find in Ghana?
9. Why does Maya decide to return to the United States?
10. How is Maya regarded in the market at Keta?
This section contains 715 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)