|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
(a) She would like the hairdresser to meet her son.
(b) She wants to hear gossip about the locals.
(c) She wants her hair done in the fashion of Ghanaian women.
(d) She's terribly lonely and wants a new friend.
2. What does Maya work on with Efua at the National Theatre?
(a) Shakespearean tragedy.
(b) Contemporary comedy.
(c) Chinese play.
(d) Moroccan musical.
3. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Ghanaian speaking rudely about what?
(a) Kenyan students.
(b) Ghana's government.
(c) Egyptian leaders.
(d) The U.S. President.
4. Who was T.D. Kwesi Bafoo?
(a) President of the University of Ghana.
(b) Owner of Ristorante Ghana Primavera.
(c) Editor of the Ghanaian Times.
(d) Director of Ghana's YMCA.
5. At the university, Professor J.H. Nketia is the chairman of what?
(a) Institute of African Studies.
(b) Department of Engineering.
(c) Department of Oceanographic Studies.
(d) Institue of Global Perspectives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
2. In Ghana, Maya is invited to an "outdooring." What is an outdooring?
3. What is Maya asked during the celebration in Aburi?
4. What job does Alice, Maya's friend, find in Ghana?
5. Which of the following best describes Maya?
Short Essay Questions
1. How successful is the march organized by the Revolutionist Returnees?
2. After her time in Germany comes to an end, where does Maya travel to?
3. Why does Malcolm X go to Ghana?
4. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
5. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
6. Does Maya find what she seeks in Africa?
7. What transpires during the meeting Maya has with her son to talk about his girlfriend?
8. How is Maya treated when she goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office and asks to speak with the person who hires writers?
9. Who is Malcolm X?
10. How does Maya react in the Senior Common Room when she hears Europeans and Ghanaians making disparaging remarks?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)