|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Following Maya's reaction to the Senior Common Room discussion, what does the steward do?
(a) Applauds her.
(b) Apologizes to the Englishman.
(c) Laughs out loud.
(d) Reprimands her.
2. What does Kojo say when Maya explains she has no funds?
(a) He'll work for tips.
(b) He's not looking for a job.
(c) He wants to hire her.
(d) He thanks her nonetheless.
3. Which of the following best describes Maya?
4. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
(a) To leave her abusive husband.
(b) To work on heritage preservation.
(c) To escape from her overprotective parents.
(d) To work with labor unions.
5. How does the receptionist at the Ghana Broadcasting office treat Maya?
(b) Offers her a soda.
(d) Refuses to talk with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. As they share a meal at a local restaurant, Sheikhali tells Maya that he was a:
2. How does Maya regard T.D. Bafoo and his wife?
3. What else does Professor J.H. Nketia help Maya with?
4. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
5. What does Kojo's family give Maya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Maya find what she seeks in Africa?
2. Why does Maya go to Germany?
3. Who chastises Maya after she erupts in anger in the Senior Common Room?
4. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
5. How does Maya react to Sheikhali's marriage proposal?
6. How do Ghanaians in general feel about the black Americans moving to their country?
7. What are the Revolutionist Returnees trying to help Malcolm X achieve?
8. How are the Americans in Ghana regarded following an assassination attempt on the nation's president?
9. Who accompanies Malcolm X to the airport?
10. What trip does Maya take before leaving Ghana for the United States?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)