|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya and her friends, Vicki and Alice, open up their home for whom?
(a) Foreign exchange students.
(b) Political discussion groups.
(c) Christian study groups.
(d) Local actors.
2. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
3. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
(a) Motel Six.
(b) Crystal Hostel.
(c) Legassi Gardens Apartments.
4. While Maya is at the festival in Aburi, who comes to her table?
(a) The festival organizer to offer Maya a different pair of shoes.
(b) A man who is accompanying the gentleman Maya finds attractive.
(c) A woman who brings Maya a green bandanna.
(d) Her friend Efua to urge Maya to come dance.
5. How does Maya describe T.D. Bafoo and his wife as a couple?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kojo's family give Maya?
2. What major movement is happening in the United States while Maya lives in Africa?
3. At the celebration at Aburi, Maya is given a handkerchief which she uses to:
4. How does the author feel about discrimination?
5. Why did Maya first go to the office of the Ghanaian Times?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Kojo's family visits Maya.
2. What work does Maya find in Ghana?
3. What is the mood during the meal when Maya and Torvash talk with Dieter and his wife?
4. Who accompanies Maya when she has breakfast with the German couple?
5. Describe Sheikhali's and Maya's first date.
6. How does Maya help dance teacher Grace Nuamah, and how does Grace repay Maya?
7. How do others react to Maya's anger and bitterness following her son's accident?
8. How does Malcolm's encounter with Muhammad Ali go?
9. How do Ghanaians in general feel about the black Americans moving to their country?
10. How is Maya treated by the villagers at Dunkwa?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)