|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Maya happy that a tribal leader mistook her national identity?
(a) Americans are regarded poorly in the region.
(b) She likes being mistaken for a native African.
(c) His error means she wins a bet with a colleague.
(d) It shows her she's an adept actress.
2. What is the time difference between Washington DC and Ghana?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Seven hours.
(d) Twelve hours.
3. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
(a) Gold pocket watch.
(b) Wooden leg.
(c) Silver cane.
(d) Glass eye.
4. How does Malcolm X respond when a university student asks how he can represent blacks when his skin is so light?
(a) Cuts his talk short and leaves in anger.
(b) Dismisses the question and moves on to another topic.
(c) Laughs and says that he lives and fights as a black man.
(d) Explains that he stands up for the oppressed everywhere.
5. After Maya tells Malcolm X why she is upset, how does he reply?
(a) He shakes his head and grows silent.
(b) He laughs loudly.
(c) He chastises her.
(d) He says he understands.
6. Who helped Julian Mayfield eat sausages he received from America?
(a) Sheikhali and his assistants.
(b) Guy and his college friends.
(c) Nana and his children.
(d) Maya and her roommates.
7. How does Maya feel after helping to deliver a written protest to the first secretary of the embassy?
8. What does Sheikhali say to Maya regarding her intelligence?
(a) She reads too many books.
(b) She is infinitely smarter than him.
(c) He is in tremendous awe of her vast wealth of knowledge.
(d) She is book smart.
9. After Malcolm is whisked away at the airport, how do Maya and her friends feel?
10. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
(a) She says she already has a husband.
(b) She says she'll think about it.
(c) She slaps him.
(d) She refuses.
11. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
(a) A married woman.
(b) Older than she is.
(d) The president's sister.
12. What does Maya do when Sheikhali is more than two hours late for a date?
(a) Goes to a local hotel for dinner.
(b) Visits her son at the university.
(c) Makes herself a sandwich and watches television.
(d) Calls Sheikhali and leaves him an angry message.
13. In Ghana, who does Malcolm X ride with to the airport?
(a) The French ambassador.
(b) Maya Angelou and Julian Mayfield.
(c) The Cuban ambassador and Maya Angelou.
(d) Nana Nketsia and Maya's friend Alice.
14. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
(b) A movie.
(d) A play.
15. Why does Malcolm X approach the public figure who is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time he is?
(a) To express his admiration.
(b) To get his autograph.
(c) To argue with him.
(d) To ask for his support.
Short Answer Questions
1. The public figure who leaves the Accra hotel at the same time as Malcolm X ends up:
2. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
3. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
4. Maya cannot accept the invitation by the German man and his wife, but instead suggests what?
5. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)