Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are some of the actors Maya works with in Europe?
(a) Louis Gosset Jr.
(b) James Earl Jones.
(c) All of them.
(d) Cecily Tyson.
2. When Maya takes a trip into the bush and meets with a tribal leader, where does the man think Maya is from?
3. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
(a) Being very honorable.
(b) Doing her a favor.
(c) Revealing his deep love and devotion.
(d) Bridging the gap between Africa and America.
4. Who is Mamali?
(a) Efua's friend.
(b) Maya's mentor.
(c) Sheikhali's assistant.
(d) Guy's professor.
5. As Maya sets out to prepare for her job interview for a position at a diamond mine, what does she realize?
(a) She really does not want to relocate to another city.
(b) She may not be qualified because her education stopped at high school.
(c) She hasn't updated her resume in 14 years.
(d) Her translation skills are lacking.
6. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
(a) She gently corrects her English pronunciation.
(b) She asks the girl to call her "Mrs." instead of "Lady."
(c) She asks the girl to refer to her by her last name, not her first.
(d) She gently corrects her usage of past and present tenses.
7. Maya and her group of American friends arrange for Malcolm X to meet with:
(a) High officials within Ghana's government.
(b) The best-known professor of Ghana's history.
(c) The author of "Ghana and America: An Alliance."
(d) Ghana's highest achieving sports stars.
8. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
(a) He's probably a Nazi.
(b) He's a spy.
(c) They're old friends.
(d) He's old and senile.
9. How long does the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees to support MLK's march take place?
(a) Half an hour.
(b) Three days.
(c) All afternoon and into early evening.
(d) All night and through the morning and early afternoon.
10. After Malcolm is whisked away at the airport, how do Maya and her friends feel?
11. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
(a) So everyone could get to know each other better.
(b) She has a fantastic story to share.
(c) She likes Torvash and doesn't want the visit to end.
(d) To keep a close eye on Dieter.
12. When Malcolm X speaks in Accra, what does he say has changed in his attitude towards whites?
(a) He now has some white friends.
(b) He feels all whites are corrupt.
(c) He now sees he has misunderstood whites.
(d) He believes no blacks can ever trust whites.
13. What story does Maya share at Dieter's house?
(a) Three Little Pigs.
(b) Brer Rabbit.
(c) Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Little Red Hen.
14. Why does Malcolm X plan to go before the General Assembly of the United Nations?
(a) To request the release of political prisoners in Cuba.
(b) To deliver his World Treatise for Civil Rights.
(c) To ask for an international children's olympics event.
(d) To present his case for black Americans.
15. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Book Maya is editing.
(b) Song Maya is learning.
(c) Play Maya is in.
(d) Poem Maya is writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
2. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
3. When Malcolm X goes to talk in Accra, he has just completed a pilgrimage to where?
4. When Maya brings her guest with her to the home of the German couple, how does the host react?
5. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)