Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya is approached by a German man and his wife. They invite her to:
(c) A play.
(d) A movie.
2. Why does Malcolm X refuse to dance during a party in his honor given by the Ghana Press Club?
(a) He cannot celebrate when fellow African-Americans are suffering.
(b) It is against his religious upbringing.
(c) He believes dancing is undignified.
(d) He dances only with his wife, and she is not present.
3. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
(a) The university's chancellor.
(b) Ghana's star soccer player.
(c) Ghana's president.
(d) The American ambassador.
4. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
(a) Ghanaian dignitary on vacation.
(b) Israeli actor on tour.
(c) American ambassador who has a crush on her.
(d) Italian poet who admires her.
5. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
(a) Ambassadors from several countries, including China and Cuba.
(b) The captain of Ghana's national soccer team.
(c) The publisher of Accra's biggest newspaper.
(d) The president of the university.
6. When it's Dieter's turn to share a story with Maya and her guest, he tells a somewhat vulgar story about:
(a) Men and women.
(b) Angels and demons.
(c) Friends and enemies.
(d) Peace and war.
7. When Maya confronts her son about his girlfriend, what does he say?
(a) He sees nothing wrong with dating someone so young.
(b) He's a man and can make his own decisions.
(c) He's always liked older women.
(d) Maya would like the girlfriend if they met.
8. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
9. What is the time difference between Washington DC and Ghana?
(a) Twelve hours.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) Three hours.
(d) One hour.
10. Maya and her group of American friends arrange for Malcolm X to meet with:
(a) Ghana's highest achieving sports stars.
(b) The author of "Ghana and America: An Alliance."
(c) The best-known professor of Ghana's history.
(d) High officials within Ghana's government.
11. What does Malcolm X say when asked why he came to Ghana?
(a) To play soccer with Ghana's top team.
(b) To gather support from governments.
(c) To meet with renowned university professors.
(d) To conduct further research in African studies.
12. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
(a) So everyone could get to know each other better.
(b) To keep a close eye on Dieter.
(c) She has a fantastic story to share.
(d) She likes Torvash and doesn't want the visit to end.
13. When Maya takes a trip into the bush and meets with a tribal leader, where does the man think Maya is from?
14. How does Maya respond to Sheikhali's final marriage request?
(a) She says she'll think about it.
(b) She slaps him.
(c) She says she already has a husband.
(d) She refuses.
15. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
(b) A married woman.
(c) The president's sister.
(d) Older than she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
2. When Malcolm X goes to talk in Accra, he has just completed a pilgrimage to where?
3. When the German couple tells Maya she can bring whomever she wants as a guest, who does Maya choose?
4. At Dieter's house, everyone is embarrassed when Dieter's mother starts to:
5. After Maya tells Malcolm X why she is upset, how does he reply?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)