Short Answer Key
Section 1 (pages 3-32)
1. This book recounts the author's years in:
2. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
3. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
Better understand the continent of her ancestry.
4. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
Poet, writer, and performer.
5. What is Maya's son's name?
6. Where is Maya's son studying?
University of Ghana.
7. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
He is seriously hurt in a car accident.
8. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
9. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
10. Who is Julian Mayfield?
Friend of Maya's.
11. Maya meets Efua Sutherland, who is...
This section contains 2,902 words|
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)