|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7 (pages 184-208).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maya decide to go back to the United States?
(a) To become a magazine editor.
(b) To take care of her ailing aunt.
(c) To join a theater troupe.
(d) To work on the Civil Rights Movement.
2. At the celebration at Aburi, Maya is given a handkerchief which she uses to:
(a) Clean a child's face.
(b) Tie back her hair.
(c) Wave in the air.
(d) Wipe her tears.
3. What happens to Comfort in the end?
(a) She's arrested for stealing.
(b) She mysteriously disappears and is never seen again.
(c) She moves to Europe.
(d) She dies from her illness.
4. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
(a) Famous Ghanaian photographer.
(b) Young boy looking for work.
(c) World renowned cook.
(d) Homeless man looking for food.
5. What does Guy do when Maya becomes angry and tries to assert her maternal authority?
(a) He walks away.
(b) He tells her to mind her own business.
(c) He hugs her and tells her to cut it out.
(d) He knocks over a chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sheikhali say to Maya regarding her intelligence?
2. Who does Kojo remind Maya of?
3. Efua takes Maya to Aburi, a town near Accra, for what?
4. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
5. Why does Comfort go to Sierra Leone?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)