|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Yugoslav woman ridicule what?
(a) The silliness of trying to reach the moon.
(b) The futility of the Vietnam War.
(c) The reaction of blacks to treatment received in America 300 years ago.
(d) The decision by whites to keep the races apart in South Africa.
2. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
(a) Popular celebrity in Cameroon.
(b) New president of Ghana.
(c) Charismatic religious leader in Kenya.
(d) Freedom fighter in Rwanda.
3. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Play Maya is in.
(b) Song Maya is learning.
(c) Book Maya is editing.
(d) Poem Maya is writing.
4. Why does Alice, Maya's friend, decide to move to Ghana?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To fulfill a promise she made to her dying mother.
(c) To work as a social worker.
(d) To help endangered species.
5. While watching dancers at the festival in Aburi, what does Maya notice?
(a) She finds a large man across the room to be attractive.
(b) Everyone is wearing something green.
(c) She wore the wrong shoes.
(d) Her friend Efua is an amazing dancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the receptionist at the Ghana Broadcasting office treat Maya?
2. As they share a meal at a local restaurant, Sheikhali tells Maya that he was a:
3. When Maya first goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office, who does she want to talk with?
4. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
5. Where does Maya move to with her friends Alice and Vicki?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)