|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 58-93).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Maya first go to the office of the Ghanaian Times?
(a) To look for work.
(b) To scold a reporter.
(c) To write a classified ad.
(d) To find her son.
2. Why does Alice, Maya's friend, decide to move to Ghana?
(a) To find a husband.
(b) To fulfill a promise she made to her dying mother.
(c) To help endangered species.
(d) To work as a social worker.
3. When Maya goes into the Senior Common Room during a break one morning, she hears a group of professors and others discussing what?
(a) Apartheid in South Africa.
(b) The race between nations to reach the moon first.
(c) Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.
(d) The Vietnam War.
4. What job does Maya's friend, Vicki, get in Africa?
(a) Typist in a foreign embassy.
(b) House cleaner for a university professor.
(c) Cook at the YMCA kitchen.
(d) Editor of a prestigious paper.
5. What does the hairdresser tease Maya about?
(a) Her American clothes.
(b) Having only one child.
(c) Her American accent.
(d) Having no boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article is Maya asked to write when she looks for journalism work in Africa?
2. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
3. While watching dancers at the festival in Aburi, what does Maya notice?
4. What else does Professor J.H. Nketia help Maya with?
5. When Maya is invited into T.D. Bafoo's office, what does she expect will happen?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)