|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 58-93).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya feel living in Africa?
(a) Accepted and not disciminated against.
(b) Like a second-class citizen.
(c) It's no different than living in the United States.
(d) Terribly homesick.
2. What job does Maya's friend, Vicki, get in Africa?
(a) House cleaner for a university professor.
(b) Editor of a prestigious paper.
(c) Typist in a foreign embassy.
(d) Cook at the YMCA kitchen.
3. Professor J.H. Nketia, a friend of Efua Sutherland, ends up giving Maya what?
(a) A Job.
(b) Rare book.
(c) Honorary degree.
4. How does the author feel about discrimination?
(a) She tolerates it when it's convenient.
(b) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
(c) She cannot accept it in any form.
(d) She understands why some choose to discriminate.
5. What else does Professor J.H. Nketia help Maya with?
(a) Running a campaign.
(b) Finding a car.
(c) Learning the language.
(d) Contacting the president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Maya's friend, Vicki, move to Africa from America?
2. What does Sheikhali want Maya to do for his children?
3. Which of the following is not a prominent theme in the book?
4. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
5. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)