|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3 (pages 58-93).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article is Maya asked to write when she looks for journalism work in Africa?
(a) Reflections of Africa.
(b) American Cuisine.
(c) America Today.
(d) African Heritage.
2. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
(a) Homeless man looking for food.
(b) Young boy looking for work.
(c) World renowned cook.
(d) Famous Ghanaian photographer.
3. Why does Maya refuse Sheikhali's offer?
(a) She already has a job.
(b) She doesn't like his children.
(c) He already has a wife.
(d) She doesn't want to leave the country.
4. Back at the YMCA, what does Maya convince the cook to bring to one of the women dining there?
5. Following what happens to Maya's son, Efua Sutherland gives her permission to what?
(b) Blame others.
(c) Scold her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ghana, Maya is invited to an "outdooring." What is an outdooring?
2. What does Kojo say when Maya explains she has no funds?
3. How does the author feel about discrimination?
4. How does Maya regard T.D. Bafoo and his wife?
5. Who is Grace Nuamah?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)