|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 32-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Alice, Maya's friend, find in Ghana?
2. At the university, Professor J.H. Nketia is the chairman of what?
(a) Department of Oceanographic Studies.
(b) Institue of Global Perspectives.
(c) Institute of African Studies.
(d) Department of Engineering.
3. When Maya and her friends talk with a couple who have just arrived from the United States, what do they tell the couple?
(a) Life in Ghana is hard.
(b) The food in Ghana is terrible.
(c) Ghanaian cuisine is the best food they've ever had.
(d) Life in Ghana is easy.
4. After Maya explains to the Chicago stockyard worker and his wife that she and her friends are simply trying to prepare the couple for the realities of life in Ghana, what does the couple decide?
(a) To ask their American relatives to wire money.
(b) To give Ghana a chance.
(c) To move to Guinea.
(d) To move into the YMCA.
5. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
(a) Locate her long-lost parents.
(b) Get ahead in life by learning new languages.
(c) Better understand the continent of her ancestry.
(d) Make more money than she could in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Maya's son studying?
2. When Maya goes into the Senior Common Room during a break one morning, she hears a group of professors and others discussing what?
3. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
4. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
5. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)