|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 32-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maya goes into the Senior Common Room during a break one morning, she hears a group of professors and others discussing what?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Apartheid in South Africa.
(c) The race between nations to reach the moon first.
(d) Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.
2. What major movement is happening in the United States while Maya lives in Africa?
(a) Gay rights.
(b) Civil rights.
(c) Children's rights.
(d) Immigration rights.
3. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
(a) Charismatic religious leader in Kenya.
(b) Popular celebrity in Cameroon.
(c) Freedom fighter in Rwanda.
(d) New president of Ghana.
4. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) University of Douala.
(b) University of Nairobi.
(c) University of Ghana.
(d) National University of Rwanda.
5. How does the author feel about discrimination?
(a) She tolerates it when it's convenient.
(b) She understands why some choose to discriminate.
(c) She cannot accept it in any form.
(d) She doesn't spend much time thinking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
2. Once she realizes that her son is going to be all right after what happens to him unexpectedly, Maya starts to:
3. What article is Maya asked to write when she looks for journalism work in Africa?
4. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
5. How do the people of Ghana feel about the migration of American blacks to their nation?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)