|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 32-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maya is invited into T.D. Bafoo's office, what does she expect will happen?
(a) She will be fired.
(b) She will be reprimanded.
(c) She will be offered a job.
(d) She will receive a raise.
2. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
(a) She wants to hear gossip about the locals.
(b) She would like the hairdresser to meet her son.
(c) She's terribly lonely and wants a new friend.
(d) She wants her hair done in the fashion of Ghanaian women.
3. After Maya's visit with Efua Sutherland, she goes to the hospital and finds that:
(a) Her son has been moved to another hospital.
(b) There is a severe staff shortage.
(c) They desperately need volunteers.
(d) Her son is in good spirits and doing well.
4. When Maya goes into the Senior Common Room during a break one morning, she hears a group of professors and others discussing what?
(a) The race between nations to reach the moon first.
(b) Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.
(c) The Vietnam War.
(d) Apartheid in South Africa.
5. Professor J.H. Nketia, a friend of Efua Sutherland, ends up giving Maya what?
(b) A Job.
(c) Rare book.
(d) Honorary degree.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
2. Following Maya's reaction to the Senior Common Room discussion, what does the steward do?
3. Where is Maya's son studying?
4. Which of the following best describes Maya?
5. When Maya and her friends talk with a couple who have just arrived from the United States, what do they tell the couple?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)