|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 32-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya feel living in Africa?
(a) It's no different than living in the United States.
(b) Like a second-class citizen.
(c) Terribly homesick.
(d) Accepted and not disciminated against.
2. What job does Maya's friend, Vicki, get in Africa?
(a) Editor of a prestigious paper.
(b) Typist in a foreign embassy.
(c) House cleaner for a university professor.
(d) Cook at the YMCA kitchen.
3. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) University of Ghana.
(b) University of Douala.
(c) National University of Rwanda.
(d) University of Nairobi.
4. Who was T.D. Kwesi Bafoo?
(a) Editor of the Ghanaian Times.
(b) President of the University of Ghana.
(c) Director of Ghana's YMCA.
(d) Owner of Ristorante Ghana Primavera.
5. When Maya goes into the Senior Common Room during a break one morning, she hears a group of professors and others discussing what?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.
(c) The race between nations to reach the moon first.
(d) Apartheid in South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maya's son's name?
2. Who is Julian Mayfield?
3. Back at the YMCA, what does Maya convince the cook to bring to one of the women dining there?
4. Which of the following is not a prominent theme in the book?
5. What job does Alice, Maya's friend, find in Ghana?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)