|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 1 (pages 3-32).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya feel living in Africa?
(a) Accepted and not disciminated against.
(b) It's no different than living in the United States.
(c) Terribly homesick.
(d) Like a second-class citizen.
2. What job does Alice, Maya's friend, find in Ghana?
3. Professor J.H. Nketia, a friend of Efua Sutherland, ends up giving Maya what?
(a) Rare book.
(b) Honorary degree.
(d) A Job.
4. Maya meets Efua Sutherland, who is head of what?
(a) Kenya's Volunteer Corps.
(b) Ghana's National Theatre.
(c) Cameroon's Art Association.
(d) Rwanda's Red Cross.
5. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
(a) Late nineties.
(b) Mid sixties.
(c) Mid forties.
(d) Late seventies.
Short Answer Questions
1. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
2. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
3. What job does Maya's friend, Vicki, get in Africa?
4. How do the people of Ghana feel about the migration of American blacks to their nation?
5. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)