|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Maya Angelou accompanies Malcolm X to the airport after his meeting with:
(a) Ghana's star soccer player.
(b) The university's chancellor.
(c) The American ambassador.
(d) Ghana's president.
2. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
3. When it is Torvash's turn to tell a story, he talks about a German officer who had a:
(a) Silver cane.
(b) Wooden leg.
(c) Gold pocket watch.
(d) Glass eye.
4. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
(a) Poet, writer, and performer.
(b) Minister and counselor.
(c) Singer, graphic designer, and sculptor.
(d) Politician and ambassador.
5. How do the people of Ghana feel about the migration of American blacks to their nation?
(a) They are more concerned with their own troubles.
(b) They don't trust any foreigners.
(c) They want all the newcomers to go back home.
(d) They welcome the newcomers with open arms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What public figure is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time that Malcolm X is leaving?
2. Once she realizes that her son is going to be all right after what happens to him unexpectedly, Maya starts to:
3. Where is Maya's son studying?
4. After finishing up in Venice, Maya moves on to:
5. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)