|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maya first goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office, who does she want to talk with?
(a) The senior vice president of the company.
(b) The person who interviews local guests.
(c) The person who hires writers.
(d) The only American working there.
2. In addition to Maya and her friends, who else shows up to take Malcolm X to the airport?
(a) Ambassadors from several countries, including China and Cuba.
(b) The captain of Ghana's national soccer team.
(c) The president of the university.
(d) The publisher of Accra's biggest newspaper.
3. What public figure is leaving the hotel in Accra at the same time that Malcolm X is leaving?
(a) George Foreman.
(b) Sidney Poitier.
(c) James Earl Jones.
(d) Muhammad Ali.
4. What does Kojo say when Maya explains she has no funds?
(a) He'll work for tips.
(b) He wants to hire her.
(c) He's not looking for a job.
(d) He thanks her nonetheless.
5. When it's Dieter's turn to share a story with Maya and her guest, he tells a somewhat vulgar story about:
(a) Friends and enemies.
(b) Peace and war.
(c) Men and women.
(d) Angels and demons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Maya happy that a tribal leader mistook her national identity?
2. When Maya confronts her son about his girlfriend, what does he say?
3. Maya meets Efua Sutherland, who is head of what?
4. How is Maya treated when she visits a small African village?
5. How does Malcolm X respond when a university student asks how he can represent blacks when his skin is so light?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)