|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One day, Kojo tells Maya that she has visitors waiting in the:
(b) Back room.
2. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Yugoslav woman ridicule what?
(a) The futility of the Vietnam War.
(b) The decision by whites to keep the races apart in South Africa.
(c) The silliness of trying to reach the moon.
(d) The reaction of blacks to treatment received in America 300 years ago.
3. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
(a) She asks the girl to refer to her by her last name, not her first.
(b) She asks the girl to call her "Mrs." instead of "Lady."
(c) She gently corrects her English pronunciation.
(d) She gently corrects her usage of past and present tenses.
4. Where does Maya move to with her friends Alice and Vicki?
(a) Neighboring quiet village.
(b) Three-bedroom bungalow.
(c) Twelfth story of a high-rise.
(d) City a hundred miles away.
5. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
(a) Moves in with Maya.
(b) Takes up playing the guitar.
(c) Travels to Tanzania.
(d) Gets a job at a local restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the time of the events of this book, who is Kwame Nkrumah?
2. What does Maya dislike about Sheikhali?
3. Who is Julian Mayfield?
4. Which of the following best describes Maya?
5. How does the receptionist at the Ghana Broadcasting office treat Maya?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)