|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
(a) He is mistaken for a revolutionary rebel.
(b) He is swept to sea and nearly drowns.
(c) He is seriously hurt in a car accident.
(d) He wins a national writing contest.
2. What is Maya's son's name?
3. Why does Maya suggest that everyone tell a story at Dieter's house?
(a) To keep a close eye on Dieter.
(b) She has a fantastic story to share.
(c) She likes Torvash and doesn't want the visit to end.
(d) So everyone could get to know each other better.
4. Maya is concerned about her son because she hears that his girlfriend is:
(b) Older than she is.
(c) A married woman.
(d) The president's sister.
5. Who does Kojo remind Maya of?
(a) Her friend Julian.
(b) Her brother Bailey.
(c) Her steward Otu.
(d) Her son Guy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The chapter that deals with Malcolm X underlines what prominent theme in the book?
2. How does Malcolm X feel after his encounter with the public figure outside their hotel?
3. What does Maya do when Sheikhali is more than two hours late for a date?
4. What gift does Sheikhali send to Maya?
5. Professor J.H. Nketia, a friend of Efua Sutherland, ends up giving Maya what?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)