|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2 (pages 32-58).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the "Revolutionist Returnees?"
(a) Americans seeking refuge in Africa.
(b) South African freedom fighters.
(c) Americans trying to spread democracy.
(d) Africans working to end hunger.
2. Once she realizes that her son is going to be all right after what happens to him unexpectedly, Maya starts to:
(a) Create a sculpture as a gift for her son.
(b) Write a poem honoring humanity.
(c) Volunteer at the library.
(d) Take care of herself and make friends.
3. What is Maya's son's name?
4. What does the hairdresser tease Maya about?
(a) Having no boyfriend.
(b) Her American accent.
(c) Her American clothes.
(d) Having only one child.
5. At the start of the story, what is Maya's predominant feeling about what happens to her son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
2. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
3. Who was T.D. Kwesi Bafoo?
4. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
5. Where does Maya move to with her friends Alice and Vicki?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)