|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 93-128).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maya correct one of Nana Nketsia's daughters?
(a) She asks the girl to call her "Mrs." instead of "Lady."
(b) She asks the girl to refer to her by her last name, not her first.
(c) She gently corrects her usage of past and present tenses.
(d) She gently corrects her English pronunciation.
2. What does Maya dislike about Sheikhali?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His annoying laugh.
(c) The way he treats Americans.
(d) His attitude towards women.
3. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
(a) Photo developing.
(d) Social skills.
4. How does Maya react to Nana Nketsia's request?
(a) With confusion.
(b) With silence.
(c) She's disappointed.
(d) She's excited.
5. What are the names of the newlyweds Maya stays with while visiting a small African village?
(a) Hope and Kobina.
(b) Grace and Kante.
(c) Patience and Kwame.
(d) Mercy and Kayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maya's son do after his release from the hospital?
2. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
3. When Maya first goes to the Ghana Broadcasting office, who does she want to talk with?
4. At the university, Professor J.H. Nketia is the chairman of what?
5. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)