|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 93-128).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time difference between Washington DC and Ghana?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Seven hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Twelve hours.
2. What does Kojo's family give Maya?
(a) Fruits and vegetables.
(c) Bags of flour.
(d) A typewriter.
3. As they share a meal at a local restaurant, Sheikhali tells Maya that he was a:
(a) Cattle baron.
(b) Beet farmer.
(c) Newspaper reporter.
(d) University professor.
4. While watching dancers at the festival in Aburi, what does Maya notice?
(a) Everyone is wearing something green.
(b) She wore the wrong shoes.
(c) She finds a large man across the room to be attractive.
(d) Her friend Efua is an amazing dancer.
5. While Maya is at the festival in Aburi, who comes to her table?
(a) Her friend Efua to urge Maya to come dance.
(b) A man who is accompanying the gentleman Maya finds attractive.
(c) A woman who brings Maya a green bandanna.
(d) The festival organizer to offer Maya a different pair of shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was T.D. Kwesi Bafoo?
2. Who helped Julian Mayfield eat sausages he received from America?
3. After Maya's friends Alice and Vicki tell the Chicago stockyard worker and his wife about life in Ghana, what does the man do?
4. After living with a friend in Accra, Maya and her son move to the:
5. How does Maya describe T.D. Bafoo and his wife as a couple?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)