|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Maya and Torvash find themselves alone at Dieter's house, what does Torvash say about their host?
(a) He's probably a Nazi.
(b) He's a spy.
(c) They're old friends.
(d) He's old and senile.
2. After being treated poorly by some in Ghana, Maya wonders what?
(a) If she can go back to the United States.
(b) If it's because her ancestors were slaves.
(c) If she's being overly sensitive.
(d) If she should write a letter to the editor.
3. "The Blacks" is the name of a:
(a) Song Maya is learning.
(b) Play Maya is in.
(c) Book Maya is editing.
(d) Poem Maya is writing.
4. When Maya and her friends talk with a couple who have just arrived from the United States, what do they tell the couple?
(a) The food in Ghana is terrible.
(b) Ghanaian cuisine is the best food they've ever had.
(c) Life in Ghana is hard.
(d) Life in Ghana is easy.
5. Why does Sheikhali speak to Maya through Mamali?
(a) Maya's phone message has angered him.
(b) He is embarassed to speak directly because he's so late.
(c) Mamali is fluent in English.
(d) To more accurately express his emotions.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Yugoslav woman ridicule what?
2. When Dieter asks Maya to buy artwork for him in Ghana, she:
3. What does Nana Nketsia ask of Maya?
4. What promise do T.D. Bafoo and his wife make to Maya?
5. What are the names of the newlyweds Maya stays with while visiting a small African village?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)