|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sheikhali say to Maya with regards to his tardiness?
(a) He overslept.
(b) She should not be upset.
(c) His car broke down.
(d) She has every reason to be upset.
2. Who joins the event organized by the Revolutionist Returnees in Ghana to be held during Martin Luther King's march in Washington DC?
(a) Chinese, Australian, Brazilian, and Haitian immigrants.
(b) Families, groups of preschoolers, and newlyweds.
(c) Dignitaries, ambassadors, professors, and Ghana's president.
(d) Farmers, teachers, volunteers, college students, and vacationers.
3. Upon his request, what does Maya sing to the Liberian president?
(a) How Great Thou Art.
(b) Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
(c) Nearer, My God, To Thee.
(d) Amazing Grace.
4. Maya's steward introduces her to Kojo. Who is Kojo?
(a) Young boy looking for work.
(b) Famous Ghanaian photographer.
(c) World renowned cook.
(d) Homeless man looking for food.
5. What does Maya do when Sheikhali is more than two hours late for a date?
(a) Calls Sheikhali and leaves him an angry message.
(b) Goes to a local hotel for dinner.
(c) Visits her son at the university.
(d) Makes herself a sandwich and watches television.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Senior Common Room discussion Maya walks into, she hears an Englishman and a Yugoslav woman ridicule what?
2. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
3. Why is Maya happy that a tribal leader mistook her national identity?
4. Maya decides to help Kojo with what?
5. Sheikhali says that by offering to marry Maya, he is:
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)