|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 147-184).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After living in Ghana for a time, why does Maya feel she needs to take a vacation away from this nation?
(a) To try new foods.
(b) To clear her head.
(c) To see other parts of Africa.
(d) To get away from Sheikhali.
2. When Maya confronts her son about his girlfriend, what does he say?
(a) He sees nothing wrong with dating someone so young.
(b) He's a man and can make his own decisions.
(c) Maya would like the girlfriend if they met.
(d) He's always liked older women.
3. How does Maya describe T.D. Bafoo and his wife as a couple?
4. After being treated poorly by some in Ghana, Maya wonders what?
(a) If it's because her ancestors were slaves.
(b) If she should write a letter to the editor.
(c) If she's being overly sensitive.
(d) If she can go back to the United States.
5. After finishing up in Venice, Maya moves on to:
Short Answer Questions
1. When the German couple tells Maya she can bring whomever she wants as a guest, who does Maya choose?
2. Who is Torvash, whom Maya meets in Germany?
3. What does Guy do when Maya becomes angry and tries to assert her maternal authority?
4. Why does Maya invite a hairdresser to her home?
5. In Ghana, Maya is invited to an "outdooring." What is an outdooring?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)