Section 1 (pages 3-32)
1. This book recounts the author's years in:
2. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
(a) Mid sixties.
(b) Late nineties.
(c) Mid forties.
(d) Late seventies.
3. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
(a) Get ahead in life by learning new languages.
(b) Locate her long-lost parents.
(c) Better understand the continent of her ancestry.
(d) Make more money than she could in the United States.
4. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
(a) Poet, writer, and performer.
(b) Politician and ambassador.
(c) Minister and counselor.
(d) Singer, graphic designer, and sculptor.
5. What is Maya's son's name?
6. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) University of Nairobi.
(b) National University of Rwanda.
(c) University of Ghana.
(d) University of Douala.
7. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
(a) He is mistaken for a revolutionary rebel.
(b) He is seriously hurt in a car accident.
(c) He wins a national writing contest.
(d) He is swept to sea and nearly drowns.
This section contains 5,418 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)