Section 1 (pages 3-32)
1. This book recounts the author's years in:
2. This memoir covers the author's life during which time frame?
(a) Mid sixties.
(b) Mid forties.
(c) Late nineties.
(d) Late seventies.
3. A big part of the reason that Maya is in Africa during this time period is to what?
(a) Make more money than she could in the United States.
(b) Get ahead in life by learning new languages.
(c) Better understand the continent of her ancestry.
(d) Locate her long-lost parents.
4. Maya Angelou is a world-renowned:
(a) Poet, writer, and performer.
(b) Singer, graphic designer, and sculptor.
(c) Politician and ambassador.
(d) Minister and counselor.
5. What is Maya's son's name?
6. Where is Maya's son studying?
(a) University of Ghana.
(b) University of Nairobi.
(c) National University of Rwanda.
(d) University of Douala.
7. What happens to Maya's son early in the story?
(a) He is mistaken for a revolutionary rebel.
(b) He wins a national writing contest.
(c) He is swept to sea and nearly drowns.
(d) He is seriously hurt in a car accident.
This section contains 5,418 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)