Essay Topic 1
Explain Maya's reasons for going to Africa.
1. What does she hope to find there?
2. Where does she end up?
3. Did she intend to live there? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Essay Topic 4
Not everything goes well for Maya in Ghana. Give two examples of something that is unexpected or goes wrong for Maya in Ghana. In each case, address the following:
1. How Maya is affected by the experience or turn of events.
2. In what way she suffers or struggles.
3. How she grows or matures from the experience.
Essay Topic 5
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou's idealized view of...
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)