Explain Maya's reasons for going to Africa.
1. What does she hope to find there?
2. Where does she end up?
3. Did she intend to live there? Why or why not?
Using three specific examples from the book, explain how circumstances beyond Maya Angelou's control shape the course of her life.
Describe the relationship between Maya and her son Guy. Would you say they have a healthy relationship? Why or why not? Support your answer with examples.
Not everything goes well for Maya in Ghana. Give two examples of something that is unexpected or goes wrong for Maya in Ghana. In each case, address the following:
1. How Maya is affected by the experience or turn of events.
2. In what way she suffers or struggles.
3. How she grows or matures from the experience.
Compare and contrast Maya Angelou's idealized view of Africa with the reality of her life in Ghana. How...
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)