* This is the fifth book in a series of memoirs written by Maya Angelou.
* The setting for this book is Africa during the 1960s, where the author explores the land and people of her ancestry.
* Maya arrives in Ghana with her son, Guy, who is enrolled in the University of Ghana in Accra.
* Her plan is to help him settle in and then move to Liberia.
* Maya's plans change suddenly after her son is hurt in a car accident.
* The accident, which was caused by a drunk driver, makes Maya very angry to the point where she is rude to others and bitter.
* A friend named Julian Mayfield scolds Maya for her behavior and attitude.
* He drives her to meet a woman named Efua Sutherland, who is the head of Ghana's National Theater.
* Efua gives Maya permission to cry, which she does for the first...
This section contains 2,031 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)