|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gerda spend her "free time" at the new camp?
(a) Thinking about her family.
(b) Meeting new girls at the camp.
(c) Creating plays.
(d) Wiriting letters to Abek.
2. What does the Czech man announce to all of the scared Jewish women?
(a) The Jews are now under the capture of the Russians.
(b) They should no longer be scared.
(c) The war is finally over!
(d) They will have to go back to the camps.
3. Why is Abek hurt by Gerda's hug?
(a) It lacks passion and love.
(b) She kisses him instead.
(c) Gerda does not look at Abek as she hugs him.
(d) She refuses to hug him.
4. As planes fly over them, what is the general feeling among all the girls at the camp?
(a) They will soon be killed by the guards.
(b) Hope because their misery will be over.
(c) That they will be shot down.
(d) The Americans are coming to release them.
5. As the girls approach ________, bombs are falling on the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are the girls finally allowed to dry their clothes and get warm food?
2. By 1943, how long has it been since the Germans invaded Poland?
3. What is Malvine Berger's role in the camp?
4. What is the most dangerous part of the new camp, Grunberg?
5. Who sets up a hospital for the girls to recover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gerda learn to guard as time goes on?
2. Why does Gerda begin to convulse after arriving at the Red Cross hospital?
3. How does Gerda acquire poison?
4. Why is Gerda sad as the girls march away from Helmbrecht?
5. Newly arriving girls tell Gerda what hopeful news?
6. What date are the girls forced to go to their new camp?
7. After Ilse's death, what is the next town the girls stop in?
8. On May 6, 1949, Frau Kugler announces that the girls will be moved where?
9. What good news does the American guard give the girls after their marching is complete?
10. What does Gerda receive from Abek at Christmas?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)