|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often are the girls allowed to take showers?
(a) Every other day.
(b) Every two weeks.
(d) Every other month.
2. Although Germany seems to be under siege, what do all the prisoners and SS guards continue to do?
(a) Kill girls.
(b) March onward.
(c) Running the concentration camp.
(d) Their cruelty towards women.
3. How many stars of David do the girls have to wear on their bodies?
4. While the Germans lose ground on the Eastern Front, what halts at the camp?
(b) The gas chambers are turned off.
(c) Stamp production.
(d) Clothing production.
5. What do the girls overhear that makes them excited?
(a) Hitler has decided to release the Jews.
(b) Hitler is dead.
(c) The SS is being disbanded.
(d) Hitler committed suicide
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Czech man announce to all of the scared Jewish women?
2. What happens to girls that lag behind?
3. What do the girls pray for every night?
4. One day someone throws the girl in front of Gerda a piece of bread. A guard sees the girl pick up the bread and starts interrogating everyone around her. Why is Gerda beaten by the guard?
5. Why does Mrs Berger slap one of the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the name of the kind US soldier that helps to liberate Gerda?
2. In order to crush the girls' spirits what does the new camp director tell them?
3. When and where are they girls forced to go after arriving at Marzdorf?
4. When is Gerda given an identifying number?
5. What date are the girls forced to go to their new camp?
6. What does Gerda learn about Abek's family in Sosnowitz?
7. What has Abek given up to be with Gerda?
8. How does Gerda say goodbye to Abek?
9. What good news does the American guard give the girls after their marching is complete?
10. How is Abek able to eventually see Gerda?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)