|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Abek hurt by Gerda's hug?
(a) She kisses him instead.
(b) She refuses to hug him.
(c) Gerda does not look at Abek as she hugs him.
(d) It lacks passion and love.
2. What does Gerda do with the note?
(a) Gives it to Ilse.
(b) Frames the note.
(c) Keeps it as evidence.
(d) She tears it up before she reads it.
3. What is Gerda now resigned to?
(a) Spending time with Abek.
(b) Dying in the camp.
(c) Marrying Abek even though she does not love him.
(d) Never having children.
4. On the walk, Gerda is called out by a guard. Gerda thinks she will be shot, but what must she really do?
(a) Threaten other girls to keep going.
(b) Carry other girls.
(c) Be put in the sick car.
(d) Move dead bodies.
5. What kinds of letters does Gerda get from Abek?
(a) Letters expressing anger.
(b) Letter of remorse for his family.
(c) Sad, depressing letters.
(d) Romantic feelings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sets up a hospital for the girls to recover?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what is Gerda informed of?
3. As planes fly over them, what is the general feeling among all the girls at the camp?
4. Why does Gerda agree to marry Abek if she does not love him?
5. What number is Gerda given by the male SS guards?
Short Essay Questions
1. How long is Gerda at the camp?
2. How is Abek able to eventually see Gerda?
3. What has Abek given up to be with Gerda?
4. What part of Gerda's body has been the most affected by frostbite?
5. What date are the girls forced to go to their new camp?
6. What must the girls wear once they have been registered at the camp?
7. Gerda and her friend's lack of nutrition causes what to happen to many of the girls?
8. What does Gerda receive from Abek at Christmas?
9. How does Gerda acquire poison?
10. Finally, after marching, where do the girls arrive?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)