|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Gerda and Ilse travel to Marzdorf?
(a) By small cars.
(b) She is forced to march.
(c) By Train.
(d) By truck.
2. Where are the girls finally allowed to dry their clothes and get warm food?
(b) Camp Christianstadt.
3. At the beginning of the section, how far have they marched?
(a) 555 kilometers.
(b) 50 kilometers.
(c) 55 kilometers.
(d) 500 kilometers.
4. What number is Gerda given by the male SS guards?
5. By 1943, how long has it been since the Germans invaded Poland?
(a) 13 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 10 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Suze think she and Gerda will be at the new work camp?
2. As planes fly over them, what is the general feeling among all the girls at the camp?
3. One day someone throws the girl in front of Gerda a piece of bread. A guard sees the girl pick up the bread and starts interrogating everyone around her. Why is Gerda beaten by the guard?
4. What do a frightened Gerda and Ilse pass on their medical exams?
5. What do the girls eat to stay alive as they sleep outside of the church?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the senior Jewess of Gerda's camp area?
2. What does Gerda receive from Abek at Christmas?
3. Finally, after marching, where do the girls arrive?
4. How does Gerda say goodbye to Abek?
5. When they are forced to move, where must the girls go and must they travel there?
6. What has Abek given up to be with Gerda?
7. What does Gerda learn to guard as time goes on?
8. How does Gerda honor the memories of those that did not make it out of the Holocaust?
9. Why does Gerda begin to convulse after arriving at the Red Cross hospital?
10. Gerda and her friend's lack of nutrition causes what to happen to many of the girls?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)