|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What number is Gerda given by the male SS guards?
2. Why is Gerda in despair at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) Ilse has died.
(b) Her letter to her father in returned unopened.
(c) She thinks Abek is dead.
(d) She has not heard from her mother.
3. How old does Gerda turn on May 8th?
4. What is the most dangerous part of the new camp, Grunberg?
(a) The shower/gas chamber.
(b) The fields; prisoners are randomly shot.
(c) Spinnerei (the spinning room).
(d) The barracks; guards attempt to sexually assault the girls.
5. What does Gerda have to completely relearn?
(a) Moving her arms.
(b) Moving her feet.
(c) How to breathe.
(d) How to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some Jewish parents do to avoid Auschwitz?
2. What are the doctors concerned they will have to do if Gerda does not get better?
3. What does Gerda create to keep all of the girls' spirits up?
4. What do a frightened Gerda and Ilse pass on their medical exams?
5. Why does Mrs Berger slap one of the girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gerda honor the memories of those that did not make it out of the Holocaust?
2. Finally, after marching, where do the girls arrive?
3. After Ilse's death, what is the next town the girls stop in?
4. On May 6, 1949, Frau Kugler announces that the girls will be moved where?
5. How long is Gerda at the camp?
6. Gerda and her friend's lack of nutrition causes what to happen to many of the girls?
7. When is Gerda given an identifying number?
8. How is Abek able to eventually see Gerda?
9. What does Gerda receive from Abek at Christmas?
10. How old is Gerda when she goes to see Burnberg for the first time?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)