|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the girls greatly appreciative to see do not exist at the camp?
(a) Sewing rooms.
(c) More male guards.
(d) Labor fields.
2. Where is the new camp located?
(a) Marine Park.
(c) Czech Republic.
3. While the Germans lose ground on the Eastern Front, what halts at the camp?
(a) Stamp production.
(b) Clothing production.
(d) The gas chambers are turned off.
4. At the new camp, what are the girls now forced to wear?
(a) Sacks made out of rough material.
(b) They are not allowed to wear clothes.
(d) Wet clothing, covered in vermin repellent.
5. How is Abek allowed to see Gerda?
(a) He never sees her again.
(b) He cuts himself and is able to see a nurse.
(c) He escapes to visit her.
(d) He gets a new work assignment.
6. Why does Frau Kugler make a very sick Gerda go to work one day?
(a) Frau Kugler wants to prove that she is strong and mean.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) To prove she is well. Sick prisoners would go to Auschwitz.
(d) She wants Gerda to suffer.
7. Where do the girls that are still alive end their journey?
(a) Volary, Czechoslovakia.
(b) Prague, Czechoslovakia
(c) Gerlin, Germany.
8. What does Gerda do to maintain her sanity?
(a) Talks to other girls in the camp.
(b) Thinks of distant lands and places.
(c) Creates characters and plays in her head.
(d) Thinks of her family and future.
9. What saves Gerda at Grunberg?
(a) Ilse helps her stay sane.
(b) She is able to sew and not do hard labor.
(c) She makes plays to keep herself sane.
(d) She gets to log inventory, which is not a hard labor job.
10. How does Gerda say goodbye to Abek?
(a) She never gets to say goodbye to him.
(b) Over the phone.
(c) She goes to see him.
(d) Through a note.
11. In the first part of the chapter, Gerda is given a note. What does the note say?
(a) That her parents are alive.
(b) That Gerda has been given permission to stay in Sosnowitz.
(c) Abek wishes to marry her.
(d) That she will be transferred to a different camp.
12. What does the Czech man announce to all of the scared Jewish women?
(a) They should no longer be scared.
(b) The war is finally over!
(c) They will have to go back to the camps.
(d) The Jews are now under the capture of the Russians.
13. According to Meister Zimmer, what happens to prisoners who do not work well?
(a) They will be exterminated.
(b) They will get bad work positioned.
(c) They will be moved to a different camp.
(d) They wil be rewarded.
14. What is Malvine Berger's role in the camp?
(a) She comforts all the girls.
(b) She is a prisoner like the other women.
(c) She is a cruel work mistress.
(d) She is the senior Jewess at the camp.
15. While the Germans lose ground on the Eastern Front, what privileges do the women lose?
(a) The right to showers.
(b) Food ration privledges.
(c) The ability to receive mail.
(d) The ability to wear clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the doctors concerned they will have to do if Gerda does not get better?
2. Where are the girls finally allowed to dry their clothes and get warm food?
3. What is the most dangerous part of the new camp, Grunberg?
4. What hard work group is Gerda assigned to at the new camp?
5. Why does Mrs Berger slap one of the girls?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)