|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the girls forced to travel to the next camp?
(a) Running along side a car.
(b) Carrying all their belongings and running.
(c) By crowded trucks.
(d) By walking in the snow.
2. In the first part of the chapter, Gerda is given a note. What does the note say?
(a) That she will be transferred to a different camp.
(b) That her parents are alive.
(c) That Gerda has been given permission to stay in Sosnowitz.
(d) Abek wishes to marry her.
3. What do a frightened Gerda and Ilse pass on their medical exams?
(a) Pneumonia and TB.
(b) Physical test.
(c) Bedbug, and other pest tests.
(d) Their x-ray tests.
4. What does Kurt send to Gerda while she is in the hospital?
(a) Bouquet of flowers.
(b) A letter with crushed flowers.
(c) A journal.
(d) A marriage proposal.
5. What kind act do the doctors of the hospital do for Gerda?
(a) The doctors give Gerda extra money for working for them.
(b) Perform her wedding ceremony to Kurt.
(c) Pay for her train ticket to Munich.
(d) Treat her for no money.
6. How does Gerda say goodbye to Abek?
(a) Over the phone.
(b) She never gets to say goodbye to him.
(c) She goes to see him.
(d) Through a note.
7. As planes fly over them, what is the general feeling among all the girls at the camp?
(a) They will soon be killed by the guards.
(b) Hope because their misery will be over.
(c) The Americans are coming to release them.
(d) That they will be shot down.
8. As the girls approach ________, bombs are falling on the city.
9. What does Gerda fall ill with while in the hospital?
(d) typhus and pneumonia.
10. What are the rumors surrounding the male SS guards?
(a) They have come to take over the camp.
(b) They are here to execute the girls.
(c) The prisoners will be used to sexually satisfy the men.
(d) The men wish to beat the female prisoners.
11. What hard work group is Gerda assigned to at the new camp?
(a) Weaving classes.
(b) Sewing instruction.
(c) Construction duty.
(d) Flak detail.
12. What is different about the new camp?
(a) The guards are nicer.
(b) The guards are meaner.
(c) It is very dirty.
(d) It is cleaner and nicer than Dulag.
13. Although Germany seems to be under siege, what do all the prisoners and SS guards continue to do?
(a) Their cruelty towards women.
(b) Running the concentration camp.
(c) Kill girls.
(d) March onward.
14. Where do the girls that are still alive end their journey?
(a) Prague, Czechoslovakia
(c) Gerlin, Germany.
(d) Volary, Czechoslovakia.
15. What are the girls greatly appreciative to see do not exist at the camp?
(a) More male guards.
(b) Sewing rooms.
(c) Labor fields.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Czech man announce to all of the scared Jewish women?
2. Where is the new camp located?
3. Why does Mrs Berger slap one of the girls?
4. What number is Gerda given by the male SS guards?
5. By 1943, how long has it been since the Germans invaded Poland?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)