|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Gerda convince to let her visit Abek's family?
(a) Mrs. Berger.
(b) A Militz official.
(c) Frau Keuger.
(d) A fellow prisoner.
2. How do the Weissmanns' non-Jewish neighbors react to the occupation?
(a) They revolt against the Nazis.
(b) Many do not know how to react.
(c) They welcome the Nazis and thank them for liberation.
(d) They come to the aide of their Jewish friends.
3. What happens on the trip?
(a) Her brother gets into fights with other vacationers.
(b) She falls in love with a boy.
(c) Her mother has an affiair with another man.
(d) Her father becomes extremely ill.
4. How many Jewish families are left in the Ghetto?
(a) 250 families.
(b) 50 families.
(c) 500 families.
(d) 1000 families.
5. What is Gerda's brother's name?
6. What does Helene wish for Gerda to be throughout the rest of this horrible experience?
(a) Look for her brother.
(b) To pray for her.
(c) She hopes her daughter can die in peace.
(d) She wants her daughter to be strong.
7. In the Spring of 1941, where are all Jews in Gerda's town forced to go?
(a) Trade School.
(c) The Jewish Ghettos.
(d) Work Camps.
8. How do Gerda's parents see Abek's advances towards Gerda?
(b) They detest Abek.
(c) They like Abek, but would not force Gerda to marry him.
(d) They would very much like Gerda to marry Abek.
9. What do Helene and Julius give Gerda for her birthday?
(a) An orange.
(b) A beautiful dress.
(c) A doll.
(d) A makeup case.
10. What do the Germans decide to take from Gerda's friend, Ilse?
(a) Her time.
(b) Her piano.
(c) Her Hair.
(d) Her puppy.
11. Where did Gerda and Helene vacation the previous summer before the invasion?
12. What empowers Gerda now that her parents are gone?
(a) She is not empowered, only frightened.
(b) Her grief overcomes her and she cannot do anything.
(c) She can take risks, because she doesn't have to worry about her parents.
(d) She can explore her freedom.
13. What must Jews now wear?
(a) Blue colored attire.
(b) A Star of David necklace.
(c) Specific shoes.
(d) The star of David and the word "Jew" on their clothes.
14. Which of the Jewish population is virtually gone?
(b) young women.
(d) young men.
15. Does it seem likely the Weissmanns will be shipped out of Poland?
(a) No, the Germans want to keep the Weissmanns in Poland.
(b) Yes. Only because they are escaping.
(c) No, they are all hiding.
(d) Yes. It is fast apporaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur send his parents that makes them happy?
2. What rumors were prevalent while Gerda was on vacation?
3. Where do Gerda and her family live?
4. Who does Gerda keep her fears away from?
5. How does Gerda's father try to help his children?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)