|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where must Jewish women register to work?
2. Why does a Nazi officer threaten Gerda in their home?
(a) She refused him food.
(b) She insulted him.
(c) He is trying to proposition her.
(d) She will not give up the location of her father.
3. What is Gerda's mother's name?
4. What are the rumors surrounding the male SS guards?
(a) They have come to take over the camp.
(b) They are here to execute the girls.
(c) The men wish to beat the female prisoners.
(d) The prisoners will be used to sexually satisfy the men.
5. Does Gerda think of the present situation she lives in?
(a) No, because she is not very bright.
(b) No, her thoughts are devoid of the present.
(c) Yes. She thinks of ways to escape.
(d) Yes she contemplates ways to kill soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gerda's new work assignment?
2. At the end of Chapter 6, what is Gerda informed of?
3. What do the Germans decide to take from Gerda's friend, Ilse?
4. Although Germany seems to be under siege, what do all the prisoners and SS guards continue to do?
5. What do Helene and Julius give Gerda for her birthday?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)