|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3: Chapters 1, 2, 3, and 4 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Jews are left in Gerda's village?
(b) around 300.
(d) around 500.
2. Soon after the invasion, what do all townspeople have to do?
(a) They must register with the Nazis.
(b) Get tattoos of their names.
(c) They must give up all their food.
(d) They are not pressured to do anything.
3. Where do the girls that are still alive end their journey?
(b) Prague, Czechoslovakia
(c) Gerlin, Germany.
(d) Volary, Czechoslovakia.
4. What lie does the Camp Director tell the girls to burst their hope?
(a) Franklin Delano Roosevelt has died.
(b) The Americans have been conquered.
(c) The Nazis and Italians have joined forces.
(d) Hilter is appearing on television.
5. Does it seem likely the Weissmanns will be shipped out of Poland?
(a) No, the Germans want to keep the Weissmanns in Poland.
(b) No, they are all hiding.
(c) Yes. Only because they are escaping.
(d) Yes. It is fast apporaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abek look when Gerda is finally allowed to see him?
2. Who does Gerda keep her fears away from?
3. Why does Gerda's mother keep the note that warns the family of Poland's impending doom?
4. What happens to Gerda after Christmas?
5. What does Helene wish for Gerda to be throughout the rest of this horrible experience?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)