|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take for Poland to become fully occupied?
(a) 3 months.
(b) 18 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 2 years.
2. What do Gerda and Helene do to make money?
(a) Knit apparel.
(b) Make hats.
(c) Create paintings.
(d) Make buttons.
3. What happens to Mr. Pipersberg once he returns to the Weissmann home?
(a) He steals all the Weissmann money.
(b) He is robbed.
(c) He is beaten by Nazis.
(d) He is taken to prison.
4. How old is Gerda when the book begins?
5. What is Gerda sorry about missing?
(a) All of her friends.
(b) The life that a woman her age should have.
(c) An experience with a boy.
(d) Her brother's presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of waltzes did they listen to on the trip?
2. Which of the Jewish population is virtually gone?
3. In the beginning of the novel, who is invading Gerda's hometown?
4. What time period does the book take place?
5. What does Arthur give to Gerda before he leaves?
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)