|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of waltzes did they listen to on the trip?
2. What does Julius make Gerda promise?
(a) To stay at home with him and Helene.
(b) To go look for her brother.
(c) Not to commit suicide.
(d) To not marry someone she doesn't love.
3. How long does it take for Poland to become fully occupied?
(a) 18 days.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 months.
4. Who brings the news of Arthur's letters?
5. What does Gerda keep to herself?
(a) Some letters are not really Arthur's.
(b) Her desire to commit sucide.
(c) The challenges of being with her parents.
(d) Her sadness and dispair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gerda's father try to help his children?
2. Why are Erika's mother and little brothers treated in this way by the soldiers?
3. What do the Germans decide to take from Gerda's friend, Ilse?
4. What happens to Mr. Pipersberg once he returns to the Weissmann home?
5. What do non-Jewish Polish neighbors shout as the Germans enter the city?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)