|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1: Chapters 3 and 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gerda's mother keep the note that warns the family of Poland's impending doom?
(a) She does not wish to upset her recovering husband.
(b) She does not take the threat seriously.
(c) She thinks Gerda's uncle is a liar.
(d) She does not want to leave her home.
2. What are Jews forced to give up after the invasion?
(a) all valuables including jewelry, cars and gold.
(b) their children.
(d) their pets.
3. How does Gerda's father try to help his children?
(a) He gives his children weapons to protect themselves.
(b) He asks his daughter and son to leave with family friends.
(c) He uses his high power job to get them tickets out of Germany.
(d) He figures out a way to secure his childrens passage to America.
4. Why is Gerda's family concerned about the occupation of their town?
(a) They do not have money to pay off their creditors.
(b) They think all of their money will be stolen.
(c) They are concerned because they are of Jewish heritage.
(d) They fear the wrath of the Russians.
5. Soon after the invasion, what do all townspeople have to do?
(a) They must register with the Nazis.
(b) They are not pressured to do anything.
(c) Get tattoos of their names.
(d) They must give up all their food.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arthur give to Gerda before he leaves?
2. Where do Gerda and her family live?
3. What do non-Jewish Polish neighbors shout as the Germans enter the city?
4. What do Gerda and Helene conceal from Julius?
5. What does the sign outside of the fur factory say?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)