|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has recently been built just outside of Gerda's hometown?
(a) A new grocery store.
(b) A church.
(c) A young boys camp.
(d) A work camp for women.
2. What does Arthur send his parents that makes them happy?
(c) Letters & money.
(d) He can get nothing through to them.
3. What opportunities do Abek's sisters offer Gerda?
(a) A chance to work in the local sewing workhouse.
(b) A post as a teacher.
(c) An opportunity to go to Russia.
(d) The chance to flee to America.
4. What is Gerda's new destiny?
(a) She will reunite with her family.
(b) She will soon be transported to another camp.
(c) The war is over and she will be free.
(d) She will marry Abek.
5. What is given to Gerda so that she can get out of the country?
(a) A car.
(b) A different outfit.
(c) She is unable to get out of the country.
(d) Special identification.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do a frightened Gerda and Ilse pass on their medical exams?
2. How many Jews are left in Gerda's village?
3. What kind of hope does Frau Kugler give Gerda?
4. One day someone throws the girl in front of Gerda a piece of bread. A guard sees the girl pick up the bread and starts interrogating everyone around her. Why is Gerda beaten by the guard?
5. After being separated from her mother, Gerda is sent to what town?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)