|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
(a) A Ukrainian boy likes her very much.
(b) All in the village knew that Alicia and her mother were Jewish.
(c) That other villagers are mad she is working in their village.
(d) That she is going to turn Alicia in for being Jewish.
2. What does Alicia realize when she arrives at her father's factory?
(a) Reclaiming the factory will not bring him back.
(b) She wants the factory to remain in her family.
(c) She must reclaim the factory to feel whole again.
(d) The factory is much more prosperous than she thought.
3. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
(a) They were transporting people illegally.
(b) Because of Bronia's involvement in the black market.
(c) Because they are caught stealing from the marketplace.
(d) They disrespect two officers.
4. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) She runs back to her hometown village.
(b) She hides in a river bank.
(c) Milek resuces her again.
(d) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
5. When Alicia visits with Benjamin, what does she talk to him about?
(a) She makes up stories to tell him.
(b) Her friend Milek.
(c) Traveling away from Poland.
(d) She tells him stories of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
2. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
3. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
4. While in prison, how are they treated?
5. What happens to many of the Jews who return?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
2. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
3. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
4. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
5. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
6. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
7. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
8. How is mother killed?
9. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
10. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)