|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
(a) The Ukrainians were now targeting the Jews, causing the Poles to sympathize.
(b) They actually do not have any sympathy for the Jews.
(c) The Nazis had turned their attention to the Poles.
(d) They realized that they should have worked harder to help the Jews.
2. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
(a) That the Germans are being defeated by the Russians.
(b) The Germans are winning the war.
(c) Soon the Germans will just let Jews go to Israel.
(d) The Germans are being beaten by the Americans.
3. How are they eventually released?
(a) They bribe the Ukrainian officials into releasing them.
(b) Bronia's brother collects 40,000 rubles for their release.
(c) A Ukrainian organization takes up their cause and gets them released.
(d) Because the prison is liberated.
4. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
(a) She wants him to hide it from others while he travels.
(b) She thinks he will ask for more.
(c) She knows he will not accept her money.
(d) She hopes that he will not spend it all.
5. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
(a) She gives away all of her money and earnings.
(b) She lets them take some of her transports to prison.
(c) She agrees to go to prison in their place.
(d) She decides to forge papers to get them through the border.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sophie want Alicia to give up?
2. How long are they kept in prison?
3. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
4. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
5. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)