|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
(a) Her inability to get better quickly.
(b) She cannot decide what to do with her life.
(c) The beautiful scenery.
(d) The freedom to go anywhere she wants.
2. Why does she decide to join this group?
(a) They blackmail her.
(b) She likes the work they do for other Jewish people.
(c) She wants to make a difference.
(d) Her friends are working for them.
3. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She gives him nice clothing.
(b) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
(c) She give him a new hat.
(d) She gives him food for the season.
4. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
(a) A bad cold.
(b) A toothache.
(c) A broken ankle.
(d) A bout of dysentery.
5. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
(a) Mrs. Tabb.
(b) Mr. Tabb.
(c) Mrs. Traub.
(d) Mr. Traub.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
2. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
3. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
4. How are they eventually released?
5. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
2. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
3. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
4. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
5. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
6. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
7. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
8. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
9. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
10. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)