|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alicia "adopt" and spend a large amount of time with?
(a) Danny, Bella's son.
2. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Danny and Bella.
(b) Only Manka.
(c) Manka and her family.
(d) Mikel's family.
3. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
(b) Work on farms.
(c) Other Jews that survived.
(d) Family members that survived.
4. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
(a) Having to stay hidden while she sleeps.
(b) She was forced to sleep on the floor.
(c) Overly cramped houses and rooms.
(d) Having nowhere to sleep.
5. What does this person confirm for her?
(a) Her brother's death.
(b) That the war is over.
(c) Her father's death.
(d) That she will need to go back to Buczacz.
Short Answer Questions
1. What takes Alicia to a United Nations Hospital?
2. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
3. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
4. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
5. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
Short Essay Questions
1. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
2. How does Alicia escape?
3. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
4. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
5. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
6. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
7. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
8. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
9. How is mother killed?
10. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)