|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Alicia and her mother survive the winter of 1943?
(a) They were able to trade their clothing for food.
(b) They were able to leave the cold winter in Poland.
(c) They survived by begging.
(d) They begged and gave away clothing.
2. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
(a) Just like the Germans, no one wants the Jews around.
(b) They are cruel people.
(c) She wishes she was not Jewish.
(d) They are being punished for their inaction during the war.
3. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
(a) Having to stay hidden while she sleeps.
(b) She was forced to sleep on the floor.
(c) Having nowhere to sleep.
(d) Overly cramped houses and rooms.
4. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
(a) She thinks she will be appreciated by this person.
(b) She is a great house worker.
(c) She is promised passage to Israel.
(d) She connects well with Mrs. Traub's son.
5. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
(b) She hides in a river bank.
(c) She runs back to her hometown village.
(d) Milek resuces her again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
2. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
3. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
4. In Chernovtsy, who does Alicia reunite with?
5. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
2. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
3. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
4. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
5. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
6. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
7. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
8. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
9. How is mother killed?
10. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)