|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Alicia to become reunited with her mother's cousin?
(a) A toothache.
(b) A broken ankle.
(c) A bad cold.
(d) A bout of dysentery.
2. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
(a) She is confused about what she should do for the rest of her life.
(b) She wants to spend time getting to know her roomates.
(c) She would like to meet a man to spend her life with.
(d) She will not have to struggle for food.
3. How long are they kept in prison?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 8 months.
(c) An entire year.
(d) 3 months.
4. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
(a) They are being punished for their inaction during the war.
(b) Just like the Germans, no one wants the Jews around.
(c) They are cruel people.
(d) She wishes she was not Jewish.
5. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
(a) She wants him to hide it from others while he travels.
(b) She thinks he will ask for more.
(c) She knows he will not accept her money.
(d) She hopes that he will not spend it all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of relationship do Sophie and Alicia have?
2. How did Alicia and her mother survive the winter of 1943?
3. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
4. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
5. While in prison, how are they treated?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia escape?
2. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
3. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
4. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
5. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
6. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
7. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
8. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
9. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
10. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)