|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what becomes her final transport, who does Alicia have trouble moving?
(a) Five young children.
(b) Three Russian Jewish army officers.
(c) Four German Jewish business men.
(d) Two pregnant Jewish women.
2. What does Alicia believe of her father?
(a) He was a loving father.
(b) He should have fought harder to stay with her and her family.
(c) He was a strong, proud, successful Jewish man.
(d) Had he lived, her mother would have survived.
3. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
(a) His friend is killed by the land mine.
(b) Killed in a concentration camp.
(c) Killed in a Russian prison.
(d) He is killed by a Nazi bullet.
4. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
(a) Work on farms.
(b) Family members that survived.
(c) Being a servant in the house of rich people.
(d) Other Jews that survived.
5. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
(a) She cannot decide what to do with her life.
(b) The beautiful scenery.
(c) Her inability to get better quickly.
(d) The freedom to go anywhere she wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
2. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
3. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
4. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
5. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
2. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
3. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
4. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
5. How is mother killed?
6. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
7. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
8. How does Alicia escape?
9. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
10. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)