|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia believe of her father?
(a) Had he lived, her mother would have survived.
(b) He was a strong, proud, successful Jewish man.
(c) He was a loving father.
(d) He should have fought harder to stay with her and her family.
2. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
(a) Working in a family market.
(b) Working for a rich family.
(c) Working in Bella's resturant.
(d) Working in a POW camp.
3. While in the Alps, where does she stay?
(a) Coeur des Alpes.
(b) Hotel Straubinger.
(c) Hotel Bristol.
(d) Villa Sassa Hotel.
4. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
(a) Her inability to get better quickly.
(b) The beautiful scenery.
(c) The freedom to go anywhere she wants.
(d) She cannot decide what to do with her life.
5. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
2. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
3. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
4. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
5. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
Short Essay Questions
1. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
2. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
3. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
4. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
5. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
6. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
7. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
8. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
9. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
10. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)