|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(b) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(c) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(d) Only Alicia wants to return.
2. Why did Alicia decide to go visit Benjamin?
(a) She hears of the young boy's angst over the loss of his fiance.
(b) He lost his family, so he is very sad.
(c) Benjamin lost his leg and needs his spirits lifted.
(d) She wants to help him with his work for Jewish orphans.
3. How old is Benjamin when he and Alicia begin to visit one another?
4. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
(a) Four other people.
(b) She is alone in her room.
(c) Three other people.
(d) Two other people.
5. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) They search for all of her family's graves.
(b) Create a school for children.
(c) Get Alicia a job.
(d) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event results in Alicia's mother's death?
2. What does this person confirm for her?
3. How does Kola's family reward Alicia for rescuing the Russians?
4. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
5. Where does she stay in between trips?
Short Essay Questions
1. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
2. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
3. How is mother killed?
4. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
5. How does Alicia escape?
6. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
7. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
8. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
9. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
10. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)