|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
(a) She gains an admirer.
(b) An important figure in the Ukrainian government falls in love with Alicia.
(c) She wins the lottery in Chernovtsy.
(d) The Jews of Chernovtsy are thankful that she kept their secrets of the black market.
2. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
3. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
(a) Just like the Germans, no one wants the Jews around.
(b) She wishes she was not Jewish.
(c) They are being punished for their inaction during the war.
(d) They are cruel people.
4. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
5. While in prison, how are they treated?
(a) They are given food and clothing, but tortured.
(b) They are treated like other prisoners.
(c) Very harshly, they are starved and tortured for information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
2. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
3. While working with the orphans and Mr. Sharf, who does Alicia meet?
4. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
5. How were these people disguised?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
2. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
3. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
4. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
5. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
6. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
7. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
8. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
9. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
10. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)