|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must she admit to the Ukrainians who find her hide out?
(a) She has stolen a lot of food from them.
(b) She is hiding other Jews.
(c) She is Jewish.
(d) She is not Ukrainian.
2. Why were the Poles having sympathy for the Jews?
(a) They actually do not have any sympathy for the Jews.
(b) They realized that they should have worked harder to help the Jews.
(c) The Ukrainians were now targeting the Jews, causing the Poles to sympathize.
(d) The Nazis had turned their attention to the Poles.
3. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(b) Only Alicia wants to return.
(c) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
(d) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
4. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(b) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
(c) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
(d) Her mother's thriving health.
5. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
(a) The Germans are winning the war.
(b) The Germans are being beaten by the Americans.
(c) That the Germans are being defeated by the Russians.
(d) Soon the Germans will just let Jews go to Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After seeing her old friend, where do Bronia and Alicia go?
2. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
3. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
4. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
5. Who led the transports while Alicia is being trained to be a transporter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
2. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
3. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
4. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
5. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
6. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
7. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
8. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
9. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
10. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)