|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alicia given thousands of rubles?
(a) She wins the lottery in Chernovtsy.
(b) She gains an admirer.
(c) The Jews of Chernovtsy are thankful that she kept their secrets of the black market.
(d) An important figure in the Ukrainian government falls in love with Alicia.
2. How does Alicia get them out of trouble with the border police?
(a) She gives away all of her money and earnings.
(b) She agrees to go to prison in their place.
(c) She decides to forge papers to get them through the border.
(d) She lets them take some of her transports to prison.
3. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
(a) She wants him to hide it from others while he travels.
(b) She hopes that he will not spend it all.
(c) She thinks he will ask for more.
(d) She knows he will not accept her money.
4. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
(b) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
(c) The hot climate of Spain.
(d) A beach village in Southern France.
5. Who does Alicia "adopt" and spend a large amount of time with?
(c) Danny, Bella's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
2. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
3. Several days later, where does Alicia decide to visit?
4. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
5. On what becomes her final transport, who does Alicia have trouble moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
2. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
3. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
4. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
5. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
6. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
7. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
8. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
9. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
10. How is mother killed?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)