|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else does Alicia try to send a gift to?
(a) Manka and her family.
(b) Danny and Bella.
(c) Mikel's family.
(d) Only Manka.
2. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
(a) Mrs. Traub.
(b) Mrs. Tabb.
(c) Mr. Tabb.
(d) Mr. Traub.
3. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She gives him nice clothing.
(b) She gives him food for the season.
(c) She give him a new hat.
(d) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
4. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
(a) A Jewish banker that knew her father.
(b) A Jewish salesman that hired her brother for a summer.
(c) One of her childhood friends has news of her youngest brother.
(d) A Jewish tailor who tells her of the massacre of Jewish men.
5. Why does Alicia decide to return to her father's factory?
(a) She wants to rememeber what life what like before the war.
(b) To see if she can reclaim what is rightful hers and her family's.
(c) She wishes to collect the money that she thinks is rightly hers.
(d) She hopes to create her own factory and wants to see how her father's was run.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are they eventually released?
2. Why is Alicia completely devastated at the end of Chapter 18?
3. As this section continues on, what does Alicia realize about the Poles?
4. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
5. How did Benjamin's best friend die?
Short Essay Questions
1. For her loyalty and bravery, how is Alicia rewarded?
2. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
3. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
4. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
5. How is mother killed?
6. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
7. Why did the Ukrainians have such hate for many Polish people?
8. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
9. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
10. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)