|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
(a) Stay at his home, but Alicia's mother cannot stay.
(b) She could come by the house to get food for her and her mother.
(c) Take clothes.
(d) He does not welcome her.
2. Where was the Brecha headquarter?
3. What was Alicia's only joy that winter?
(a) Taking dance lessons with Manka.
(b) Her mother's thriving health.
(c) Spending time with the beekeeper.
(d) Having dinner and spending time with Manka.
4. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
(a) A way to get to Israel without getting caught.
(b) Resistance forces.
(c) Their own army.
(d) Their own town for the Jews to hide in.
5. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
(a) Create a school for children.
(b) Get Alicia a job.
(c) They search for all of her family's graves.
(d) Bella's friend helps Alicia to find her mother's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
2. Who does she meet in the marketplace?
3. What is Alicia struck by while she recovers?
4. Where does Alicia end up after leaving her home village?
5. When Alicia is finally able to see Wujciu, how do they both react?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
2. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
3. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
4. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
5. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
6. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
7. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
8. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
9. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
10. How does Alicia escape?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)