|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kola's family reward Alicia for rescuing the Russians?
(a) Transportation, gifts, and money.
(c) Gifts and money.
2. What does Manka reveal to Alicia?
(a) A Ukrainian boy likes her very much.
(b) That she is going to turn Alicia in for being Jewish.
(c) All in the village knew that Alicia and her mother were Jewish.
(d) That other villagers are mad she is working in their village.
3. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
(a) She is incredibly depressed, but not sick.
(b) She is extremely sick.
(c) It is rapidly deteriorating.
(d) Her health is much improved.
4. Why doesn't Alicia take the opportunity to go to America that she is offered?
(a) She wants to stay in the Ukraine.
(b) She decides she might need to go somewhere else first.
(c) It does not feel like the right time to go to America.
(d) She wants to go on her own accord.
5. After the liberation of Buczacz who decides to return?
(a) Only Alicia wants to return.
(b) Alicia decides to stay with the beekeeper.
(c) Alicia, her mother, and two other Jewish families.
(d) The Jewish families that live with the beekeeper but not Alicia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
2. Why does Alicia leave the Brecha sad?
3. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
4. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
5. Why does Alicia go to work for this person?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
2. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
3. What two new relationships does Alicia develop with people?
4. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
5. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
6. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
7. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
8. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
9. In this section, what does it seem like many of the Poles want?
10. Why do Alicia and Peppa travel to Breslau?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)