|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
(a) Because of Bronia's involvement in the black market.
(b) They were transporting people illegally.
(c) Because they are caught stealing from the marketplace.
(d) They disrespect two officers.
2. How did Alicia and her mother survive the winter of 1943?
(a) They were able to leave the cold winter in Poland.
(b) They survived by begging.
(c) They begged and gave away clothing.
(d) They were able to trade their clothing for food.
3. For so long, what has Alicia been forced to endure concerning her sleeping quarters?
(a) She was forced to sleep on the floor.
(b) Having nowhere to sleep.
(c) Overly cramped houses and rooms.
(d) Having to stay hidden while she sleeps.
4. How many people does Alicia room with while recovering?
(a) Two other people.
(b) Three other people.
(c) Four other people.
(d) She is alone in her room.
5. What does Alicia realize when she arrives at her father's factory?
(a) She wants the factory to remain in her family.
(b) The factory is much more prosperous than she thought.
(c) She must reclaim the factory to feel whole again.
(d) Reclaiming the factory will not bring him back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
2. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
3. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
4. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
5. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia escape?
2. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
3. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
4. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
5. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
6. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
7. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
8. How does Alicia's tooth ache lead Alicia to reconnect with family?
9. Where does Benjamin wish to go?
10. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)