|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Benjamin injured?
(a) A land mine blew his leg off.
(b) He was shot in the arm.
(c) A bomb exploded in his bunker.
(d) Shot in the leg.
2. Where is Alicia sent to recuperate?
(a) A beach village in Southern France.
(b) The hot climate of Spain.
(c) A resort in the Austrian Alps.
(d) A resort in the Swiss Alps.
3. How long are they kept in prison?
(a) 8 months.
(b) 1 month.
(c) An entire year.
(d) 3 months.
4. Once Alicia is allowed to return to Buczacz, what is her health like?
(a) It is rapidly deteriorating.
(b) Her health is much improved.
(c) She is incredibly depressed, but not sick.
(d) She is extremely sick.
5. While going to Ukrainian villages, who does Alicia find and what does he tell her about?
(a) One of her childhood friends has news of her youngest brother.
(b) A Jewish tailor who tells her of the massacre of Jewish men.
(c) A Jewish banker that knew her father.
(d) A Jewish salesman that hired her brother for a summer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia believe of her father?
2. Where does Benjamin wish to live now that the war is over?
3. In May, what does Alicia have no difficulty finding?
4. How does Bella's friend help Alicia?
5. Why did Bella's friend help Alicia with this task?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
2. To make Benjamin feel better, what does Alicia tell him?
3. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
4. What happens on what would be Alicia's final transport?
5. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
6. How does Alicia work to help Mrs. Taub's son?
7. While hanging out with her new friends, what happens to Alicia?
8. After she finds Bella, what does Alicia decide to do with her life?
9. How does Alicia escape?
10. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)