|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alicia reward Wujciu for his kindness and putting his life at risk?
(a) She gives him food for the season.
(b) She saves money to give him medicine for his epilepsy.
(c) She give him a new hat.
(d) She gives him nice clothing.
2. What does Alicia believe of her father?
(a) He was a loving father.
(b) Had he lived, her mother would have survived.
(c) He was a strong, proud, successful Jewish man.
(d) He should have fought harder to stay with her and her family.
3. Once back at Buczacz, why don't Jews speak to each other?
(a) They want to forget the war happened.
(b) They are scared to gather together.
(c) They are overcome with grief.
(d) They could not openly share their grief or they felt guilt about surviving.
4. Why does Alicia decide to hide the money she is giving Wujciu?
(a) She wants him to hide it from others while he travels.
(b) She knows he will not accept her money.
(c) She thinks he will ask for more.
(d) She hopes that he will not spend it all.
5. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
(a) She promises to work for them for free.
(b) She swears that there are no Jews living in her house.
(c) She threatens to curse them.
(d) She threatens to kill them all.
Short Answer Questions
1. While on their outing, why are they arrested by two Russian officers?
2. What have some of the Jewish men created in Poland?
3. What event results in Alicia's mother's death?
4. As she walks around the resort, what does she realize?
5. After finding Bella and her son Danny, what does Alicia begin doing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Alicia attempt to repay her "uncle?"
2. What hopeful news about the resistance does Alicia hear?
3. Why is Alicia so upset about this final transport?
4. What adventures does Alicia have while traveling to Chernovtsy.
5. What is different about Mrs. Taub's six year old son?
6. How does Alicia take the news that Milek has died?
7. What does Tzivia do with the Brecha?
8. How have the Ukrainians made life for the Jews and Poles very difficult.
9. Although Alicia becomes sick and is forced to stay at the Hotel Straubinger, how does she feel?
10. What is the very difficult practice that Alicia must endure to ensure food for not only her and her mother, but also the others living with the beekeeper?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)