|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A milk farmer.
(c) A beekeeper.
(d) A banker.
2. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
3. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
(a) Pictures of Lenin and Stalin were posted everywhere.
(b) Jews were not allowed to congregate.
(c) Jews had to wear the Star of David.
(d) Russians were put in positions of power.
4. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was a pervert.
(b) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(c) They thought what he had was contagious.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
5. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(b) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(c) They do not wish to become violent people.
(d) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
6. At the beginning of Chapter 13, what does the author give?
(a) Information on her youngest brother's whereabouts.
(b) The author explains Alicia's background.
(c) The author gives a summary of Ukrainian and Polish relations.
(d) The author discusses how Milek got involved in the resistance movement.
7. What does this name mean?
8. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
(a) Poland allowed itself to be taken.
(b) It was surrounded by aggressive countries.
(c) Poland's weak army.
(d) Poland wanted to become allied with a strong company.
9. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 500 zlotys.
(b) 200 zlotys.
(c) 600 zlotys.
(d) 400 zlotys.
10. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
(a) A shelter.
(b) A shack.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A bunker.
11. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
12. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
13. What is the name of the new ghetto?
14. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(b) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
(c) She disguises him as one of her sons.
(d) She forced him to flee the town.
15. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
(b) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
(c) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
(d) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
2. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
3. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
4. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
5. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)