|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Raising a Jewish family.
(c) Having a small community.
(d) Starting a company.
2. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is put in prison.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He is tortured.
3. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(b) The countryside.
(d) The city.
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
(a) So they could trade it to sell.
(b) So that Alicia's mother's family could have food.
(c) So they could send food to Bunio.
(d) So the youngest child could eat.
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
(a) Pretend that she is royalty.
(b) Become a peasant.
(c) She and her mother con people into giving them money.
(d) She steals from farms.
6. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her youngest brother.
7. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
8. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
(a) They are breaking the treaty with the Russians.
(b) The agreement with the Russians has ended.
(c) They want to take over Poland.
(d) They want to assist the Ukrainians in getting back at the Poles.
9. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
(a) Sad and starved.
(b) Crazed and angry.
(c) Happy and exicted.
10. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(c) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
(d) He is shot.
11. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
(a) They are allowed to pray.
(b) They are punished by
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are sent to prison.
12. What does this name mean?
13. Where aren't Jews allowed?
(a) In churches.
(b) In certain streets and nieghborhoods.
(c) In gardens.
(d) At public gatherings.
14. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(b) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(c) She finds that Herzl has died.
(d) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
15. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
(b) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
(c) The Jews flee Poland.
(d) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Alicia?
2. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
3. What were the Jews proud of?
4. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
5. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)