|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
(a) Fear of the Germans.
(b) Fear of the war in America.
(c) The consequences of their resistance.
(d) Fear of the Japanese.
2. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
(a) Russians took over businesses and people began to disappear.
(b) Russians forced Polish women to mate with them.
(c) All children were forced to go away to school in Russian or Germany.
(d) Russians get violent with the Poles.
3. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(b) They thought what he had was contagious.
(c) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(d) They thought he was a pervert.
4. How is she able to escape?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She overtakes some of the officers.
(c) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
(d) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
5. During this time, how did Alicia and her mother find food to eat?
(a) There was food provided for the workers by their employers.
(b) They gathered small rodents on the farms.
(c) They were given food by a boy from a rich family.
(d) All of the beekeeper's houseguests would contribute food.
6. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
(a) Under a waterfall.
(b) A ravine.
(c) In a shack.
(d) A bunker.
7. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
(a) They have lost all their money.
(b) They have escaped Poland.
(c) They send all of their males to America.
(d) They are all forced to go to camps.
8. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Raising a Jewish family.
(b) Having a small community.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Starting a company.
9. What language were children now forced to speak?
10. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is starved.
(c) He is tortured.
(d) He is put in prison.
11. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(b) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(d) They do not wish to become violent people.
12. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Love from her parents.
(b) Having a boyfriend.
(c) Going to school.
13. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) Left overs from farm animals.
(b) Decent food.
(c) Water tainted with typhoid.
(d) They are not fed at all.
14. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(a) In the mountains of Poland.
15. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
2. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
3. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
4. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
5. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)