|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) They do not wish to become violent people.
(b) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(c) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
2. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(b) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(c) She finds that Herzl has died.
(d) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
3. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
(a) The flu.
(c) A bout of dysentry.
4. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
5. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
(a) Get the Jewish leaders involved.
(b) Kill the Nazis.
(c) Start some kind of resistance in their home town.
(d) Revenge his sister.
6. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) The Nazis.
(b) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
(c) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(d) Engaged in resistance activities.
7. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
(a) The Russians had control of some of Poland.
(b) The Poles had an agreement with the Russians to protect them.
(c) Poland has a very strong army.
(d) The Brits were protecting it.
8. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She disguises him as one of her sons.
(b) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
(c) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(d) She forced him to flee the town.
9. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(b) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is hung in front of the town.
10. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
11. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(b) Love from her parents.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Having a boyfriend.
12. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(b) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(c) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
(d) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
13. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
(a) She must steal food and hide in abandonned homes.
(b) She pretends she is an upperclass Ukrainian girl.
(c) She must sell herself to make money.
(d) She works as a peasant in many feilds.
14. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
(a) A bunker.
(b) In a shack.
(c) A ravine.
(d) Under a waterfall.
15. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To join the Russian army.
(b) To school in Moscow.
(c) Stay at home with their families.
(d) To go to the Ukraine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
2. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
3. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
4. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
5. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)