|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
2. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(b) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
(c) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(d) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
3. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She trades them for more clothes.
(b) She decides to give it to starving children.
(c) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
(d) She becomes sick.
4. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
(a) In a lake, swimming away from the Nazis.
(b) Being carried back to Buczacz.
(c) In the forest, not understanding how she arrived there.
(d) Taken to America to get away from the Nazis.
5. Where aren't Jews allowed?
(a) In gardens.
(b) In certain streets and nieghborhoods.
(c) In churches.
(d) At public gatherings.
6. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(b) The countryside.
(c) The city.
7. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) In a ravine in the woods.
(d) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
8. What does this name mean?
9. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
(a) A bunker.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A shack.
10. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought what he had was contagious.
(b) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(c) They thought he was a pervert.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
11. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
(b) He is returned to his family.
(c) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(d) He is shot.
12. What is the name of the new ghetto?
13. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
(a) The sick.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The poorest Jews.
(d) The Poles.
14. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
(a) They are breaking the treaty with the Russians.
(b) They want to take over Poland.
(c) They want to assist the Ukrainians in getting back at the Poles.
(d) The agreement with the Russians has ended.
15. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(b) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
(c) Make food to bring with them.
(d) Escape from the ghetto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
2. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
3. What saves Alicia?
4. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
5. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)