|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During this time, how did Alicia and her mother find food to eat?
(a) There was food provided for the workers by their employers.
(b) They gathered small rodents on the farms.
(c) They were given food by a boy from a rich family.
(d) All of the beekeeper's houseguests would contribute food.
2. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
3. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby is left alone.
(b) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(c) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(d) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
4. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
(b) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(c) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(d) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
5. What were the Jews proud of?
(a) Their heritage.
(b) Their money.
(c) Their community.
(d) Their heritage and community.
6. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Starting a company.
(b) Having a small community.
(c) Raising a Jewish family.
(d) Meeting new people.
7. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(d) In the mountains of Poland.
8. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(d) Engaged in resistance activities.
9. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(b) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(c) They do not wish to become violent people.
(d) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
10. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
11. In what year does Alicia hear that the Germans might be invading Poland?
12. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) None of her brothers have been killed.
(b) 3 brothers.
(c) 1 brother.
(d) 2 brothers.
13. How many brothers did Alicia have?
14. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
15. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
(a) She is the best worker she can be.
(b) She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
(c) She wears peasant clothing.
(d) She takes on peasant mannerisms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
2. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
3. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
4. How is she able to escape?
5. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)