|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
(a) A ravine.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A shack.
(d) A bunker.
2. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) They do not wish to become violent people.
(b) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(c) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
3. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Raising a Jewish family.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Starting a company.
(d) Having a small community.
4. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(b) In the mountains of Poland.
5. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
(a) The Poles had an agreement with the Russians to protect them.
(b) The Brits were protecting it.
(c) The Russians had control of some of Poland.
(d) Poland has a very strong army.
6. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
7. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She forced him to flee the town.
(b) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(c) She disguises him as one of her sons.
(d) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
8. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(b) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(c) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(d) She finds that Herzl has died.
9. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
(a) Get the Jewish leaders involved.
(b) Revenge his sister.
(c) Kill the Nazis.
(d) Start some kind of resistance in their home town.
10. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
(a) The Jewish leader of the community.
(b) Her best friend's father.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) The ghetto's oldest living resident.
11. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(b) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(c) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
(d) The baby is left alone.
12. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
13. What saves Alicia?
(a) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(b) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
(c) She is able to overcome her agressors.
(d) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
14. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Studying to become Rabbis.
(b) Spending time with their fathers.
(c) Singing and playing instruments.
(d) Dating girls.
15. What must Jews now wear?
(a) Any sort of jewerly.
(c) The Star of David.
(d) Specific clothing of a certain color.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
2. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
3. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. What does this name mean?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)