|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
(a) Very cruel.
(b) Not extremely accomodating.
(c) Plesant enough.
(d) They wanted to be liked by all of the Poles.
2. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
(a) Over two thousand residents of the ghetto have been murdered.
(b) It is burned to the ground.
(c) The Jews can come out of hiding.
(d) They attempt to go back to their home.
3. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is tortured.
(c) He is put in prison.
(d) He is starved.
4. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(b) The baby is left alone.
(c) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(d) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
5. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
(b) She becomes sick.
(c) She trades them for more clothes.
(d) She decides to give it to starving children.
6. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
(a) They are all forced to go to camps.
(b) They send all of their males to America.
(c) They have lost all their money.
(d) They have escaped Poland.
7. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
(a) The agreement with the Russians has ended.
(b) They are breaking the treaty with the Russians.
(c) They want to assist the Ukrainians in getting back at the Poles.
(d) They want to take over Poland.
8. What were the Jews proud of?
(a) Their money.
(b) Their heritage and community.
(c) Their community.
(d) Their heritage.
9. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is sent to a death camp.
(b) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
(c) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(d) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
10. While looking for her family, what does she find?
(a) Peasants working a field of wheat.
(b) Corn fields.
(c) Jewish people hiding in the fields.
(d) Her mother working in the fields.
11. How is she able to escape?
(a) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
(b) She runs away.
(c) She overtakes some of the officers.
(d) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
12. What must Jews now wear?
(b) Any sort of jewerly.
(c) The Star of David.
(d) Specific clothing of a certain color.
13. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
14. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
(a) She is not caught.
(b) She runs outside to warn others that the Nazis are coming.
(c) Alicia chooses to stay out in the open with two babies and nurse them.
(d) She is crying when they come to look for her.
15. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
(a) Taken to America to get away from the Nazis.
(b) In the forest, not understanding how she arrived there.
(c) Being carried back to Buczacz.
(d) In a lake, swimming away from the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
2. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
3. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
4. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
5. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)