|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
2. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
(b) She has been carried to Germany.
(c) She has passed out in the forest.
(d) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
3. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(b) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(c) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
(d) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
4. How is she able to escape?
(a) She runs away.
(b) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
(c) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
(d) She overtakes some of the officers.
5. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
(a) Her best friend's father.
(b) The ghetto's oldest living resident.
(c) The Jewish leader of the community.
(d) Her great aunt.
6. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
(b) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(c) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(d) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
7. What saves Alicia?
(a) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(b) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
(c) She is able to overcome her agressors.
(d) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
8. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Move from shelter to shelter.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(d) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
9. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
(a) The consequences of their resistance.
(b) Fear of the war in America.
(c) Fear of the Japanese.
(d) Fear of the Germans.
10. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought what he had was contagious.
(b) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(c) They thought he was a pervert.
(d) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
11. Because she cannot stay in Buczacz, what hiding place does she find?
(a) A bunker.
(b) A ravine.
(c) Under a waterfall.
(d) In a shack.
12. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
(b) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(c) He is sent to a death camp.
(d) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
13. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) On death march.
(b) In a camp.
(c) She is forced to go to Siberia.
(d) Back into the Ghetto.
14. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Meeting new people.
(b) Starting a company.
(c) Raising a Jewish family.
(d) Having a small community.
15. Where were people who committed unnamed crimes sent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
2. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
3. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
4. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
5. What were the Jews proud of?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)