|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Alicia's younger brother?
2. What does Alicia begin to call the beekeeper?
3. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
4. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A milk farmer.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A banker.
(d) A beekeeper.
5. To provide for herself and her mother, what must Alicia do?
(a) She and her mother con people into giving them money.
(b) Pretend that she is royalty.
(c) Become a peasant.
(d) She steals from farms.
6. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
(b) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He is shot.
7. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
(a) She is not caught.
(b) Alicia chooses to stay out in the open with two babies and nurse them.
(c) She runs outside to warn others that the Nazis are coming.
(d) She is crying when they come to look for her.
8. What language were children now forced to speak?
9. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
(b) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
(c) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
(d) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
10. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) 1 brother.
(b) 3 brothers.
(c) 2 brothers.
(d) None of her brothers have been killed.
11. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
(a) The poorest Jews.
(b) The Russians.
(c) The sick.
(d) The Poles.
12. What is the name of the new ghetto?
13. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
(a) The consequences of their resistance.
(b) Fear of the Germans.
(c) Fear of the war in America.
(d) Fear of the Japanese.
14. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
(b) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(c) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
(d) He is sent to a death camp.
15. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Studying to become Rabbis.
(b) Singing and playing instruments.
(c) Spending time with their fathers.
(d) Dating girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
2. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
3. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
4. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
5. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)