|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
2. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(b) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(c) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
(d) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
3. How many brothers did Alicia have?
4. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(b) They do not wish to become violent people.
(c) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
(d) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
5. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
(b) The Jews flee Poland.
(c) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
(d) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
6. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
(a) Engaged in resistance activities.
(b) The Nazis.
(c) He is working to smuggle Jewish people out of Poland.
(d) He steals food for Jewish people who cannot get out of their homes.
7. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
(a) She would trade her clothing for wood.
(b) She would beg for wood from richer families.
(c) Old newspapers.
(d) She would go into forbidden forest territory with Jewish boys to gather wood.
8. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(d) Move from shelter to shelter.
9. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(b) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
(c) She is sent on a death march.
(d) She is forced to go to a death camp.
10. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(b) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(c) They thought what he had was contagious.
(d) They thought he was a pervert.
11. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) She is forced to go to Siberia.
(b) Back into the Ghetto.
(c) On death march.
(d) In a camp.
12. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) None of her brothers have been killed.
(b) 2 brothers.
(c) 3 brothers.
(d) 1 brother.
13. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
(a) They have escaped Poland.
(b) They have lost all their money.
(c) They are all forced to go to camps.
(d) They send all of their males to America.
14. What must Jews now wear?
(b) Specific clothing of a certain color.
(c) Any sort of jewerly.
(d) The Star of David.
15. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
(a) In a lake, swimming away from the Nazis.
(b) Being carried back to Buczacz.
(c) In the forest, not understanding how she arrived there.
(d) Taken to America to get away from the Nazis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
2. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
3. What does this name mean?
4. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
5. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)