|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Love from her parents.
(b) Having a boyfriend.
(d) Going to school.
2. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) She has passed out in the forest.
(b) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
(c) She has been carried to Germany.
(d) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
3. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(b) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
(c) Suffering of the Poles.
(d) The Nazi's cruelty.
4. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
(a) The Poles.
(b) The poorest Jews.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The sick.
5. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 200 zlotys.
(b) 500 zlotys.
(c) 600 zlotys.
(d) 400 zlotys.
6. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
(a) Poland allowed itself to be taken.
(b) Poland wanted to become allied with a strong company.
(c) It was surrounded by aggressive countries.
(d) Poland's weak army.
7. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
(a) The Russians had control of some of Poland.
(b) The Poles had an agreement with the Russians to protect them.
(c) Poland has a very strong army.
(d) The Brits were protecting it.
8. What must Jews now wear?
(a) The Star of David.
(b) Any sort of jewerly.
(c) Specific clothing of a certain color.
9. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her youngest brother.
10. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A beekeeper.
(c) A banker.
(d) A milk farmer.
11. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) The Jews are forced to hide in bunkers everyday.
(b) All the Jews were moved in a ghetto.
(c) Almost all Jews are sent to camps.
(d) The Jews flee Poland.
12. What does this name mean?
13. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
(a) A bout of dysentry.
(b) The flu.
14. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is put in prison.
(c) He is starved.
(d) He is tortured.
15. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Starting a company.
(b) Having a small community.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Raising a Jewish family.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
2. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
3. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
4. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
5. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)