|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
(a) A Jewish wise tale.
(b) The story of Little Red Riding Hood.
(c) The three little pigs.
(d) The story of her family.
2. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(b) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
(c) She forced him to flee the town.
(d) She disguises him as one of her sons.
3. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
(a) Fear of the war in America.
(b) Fear of the Japanese.
(c) Fear of the Germans.
(d) The consequences of their resistance.
4. What saves Alicia?
(a) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
(b) She is able to overcome her agressors.
(c) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(d) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
5. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(b) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(c) In a ravine in the woods.
(d) In a bunker.
6. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(b) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(c) Send all the children to work.
(d) Move from shelter to shelter.
7. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 400 zlotys.
(b) 600 zlotys.
(c) 200 zlotys.
(d) 500 zlotys.
8. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(b) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(c) She is sent on a death march.
(d) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
9. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
10. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
11. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(b) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
(c) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(d) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
12. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
(a) She wears peasant clothing.
(b) She is the best worker she can be.
(c) She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
(d) She takes on peasant mannerisms.
13. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(b) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(c) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(d) She finds that Herzl has died.
14. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Dating girls.
(b) Singing and playing instruments.
(c) Spending time with their fathers.
(d) Studying to become Rabbis.
15. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(b) Make food to bring with them.
(c) Escape from the ghetto.
(d) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
2. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
3. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
4. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
5. While looking for her family, what does she find?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)