|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Alicia?
(a) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
(b) She is able to escape from the camp.
(c) Being buried with others and rescued.
(d) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
2. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
(a) Crazed and angry.
(b) Sad and starved.
(d) Happy and exicted.
3. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
(a) That her father is definitely dead.
(b) That all her brothers have died.
(c) That all of her family has died.
(d) That she is sick with the flu.
4. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
(a) About half that were in the ghetto.
(b) All of the Jews have been killed.
(c) Mostly Polish sympathizers were killed.
(d) Only 200.
5. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
(a) The flu.
(b) A bout of dysentry.
6. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(c) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
(d) He is hung in front of the town.
7. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(b) In the mountains of Poland.
8. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
9. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(c) The countryside.
(d) The city.
10. Where aren't Jews allowed?
(a) In churches.
(b) In gardens.
(c) At public gatherings.
(d) In certain streets and nieghborhoods.
11. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To go to the Ukraine.
(b) To school in Moscow.
(c) Stay at home with their families.
(d) To join the Russian army.
12. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
(a) The Russians had control of some of Poland.
(b) The Poles had an agreement with the Russians to protect them.
(c) Poland has a very strong army.
(d) The Brits were protecting it.
13. What language were children now forced to speak?
14. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Move from shelter to shelter.
(d) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
15. When was Bella's husband taken by the Russians?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
2. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
3. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
4. What does Alicia often attempt to sell to make money?
5. Why did many people think that Poland would be invaded?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)