|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(b) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(c) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
(d) She is sent on a death march.
2. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) She is forced to go to Siberia.
(b) In a camp.
(c) Back into the Ghetto.
(d) On death march.
3. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
(a) She must sell herself to make money.
(b) She pretends she is an upperclass Ukrainian girl.
(c) She works as a peasant in many feilds.
(d) She must steal food and hide in abandonned homes.
4. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
(a) A shack.
(b) A shelter.
(c) A ravine.
(d) A bunker.
5. During this time, how did Alicia and her mother find food to eat?
(a) There was food provided for the workers by their employers.
(b) They gathered small rodents on the farms.
(c) They were given food by a boy from a rich family.
(d) All of the beekeeper's houseguests would contribute food.
6. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He is returned to his family.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
(d) He is forced to go to a work camp.
7. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
(a) Spending time with their fathers.
(b) Studying to become Rabbis.
(c) Dating girls.
(d) Singing and playing instruments.
8. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) Decent food.
(b) Water tainted with typhoid.
(c) They are not fed at all.
(d) Left overs from farm animals.
9. How many brothers did Alicia have?
10. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
11. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
(b) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(c) They live in a very small apartment.
(d) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
12. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a ravine in the woods.
(b) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(d) In a bunker.
13. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
(a) She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
(b) She wears peasant clothing.
(c) She takes on peasant mannerisms.
(d) She is the best worker she can be.
14. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
(b) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(c) The baby is left alone.
(d) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
15. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(b) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(c) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(d) She finds that Herzl has died.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
2. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
3. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
4. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
5. Who finds Alicia in this hiding place?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)