|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What saves Alicia?
(a) She is able to escape from the camp.
(b) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
(c) Being buried with others and rescued.
(d) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
2. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
(a) The Nazis think she is a part of the resistance.
(b) She runs after her mother and is then forced to go with her to the camp.
(c) Because she is mistaken for her mother.
(d) She was rounded up with a group of young girls.
3. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Raising a Jewish family.
(b) Having a small community.
(c) Starting a company.
(d) Meeting new people.
4. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(a) The city.
(b) The countryside.
5. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From the food storages in Ukraine.
(b) From Slavka.
(c) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(d) From Wujciu.
6. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
(b) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
(c) She has passed out in the forest.
(d) She has been carried to Germany.
7. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(b) Send all the children to work.
(c) Move from shelter to shelter.
(d) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
8. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
(a) They want to take over Poland.
(b) They are breaking the treaty with the Russians.
(c) The agreement with the Russians has ended.
(d) They want to assist the Ukrainians in getting back at the Poles.
9. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
10. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(b) In a ravine in the woods.
(c) In a bunker.
11. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They live in a very small apartment.
(b) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
(c) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(d) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
12. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
(a) She pretends she is an upperclass Ukrainian girl.
(b) She must sell herself to make money.
(c) She must steal food and hide in abandonned homes.
(d) She works as a peasant in many feilds.
13. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is hung in front of the town.
(b) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
(c) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(d) He is shot.
14. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) In a camp.
(b) Back into the Ghetto.
(c) On death march.
(d) She is forced to go to Siberia.
15. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
(a) He is forced to leave his hometown.
(b) He is forced to kill his younger brother.
(c) He is sent to a death camp.
(d) He is caught and then killed for his participation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
2. What must Jews now wear?
3. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
4. What is Alicia's friend Milek now involved in?
5. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)