|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
(a) The sick.
(b) The Poles.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The poorest Jews.
2. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A milk farmer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A beekeeper.
3. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
4. What language were children now forced to speak?
5. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
(a) Russians forced Polish women to mate with them.
(b) Russians took over businesses and people began to disappear.
(c) Russians get violent with the Poles.
(d) All children were forced to go away to school in Russian or Germany.
6. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She trades them for more clothes.
(b) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
(c) She becomes sick.
(d) She decides to give it to starving children.
7. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Having a small community.
(b) Starting a company.
(c) Meeting new people.
(d) Raising a Jewish family.
8. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(b) She finds that Herzl has died.
(c) Her village has been burned to the ground.
(d) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
9. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(b) They thought what he had was contagious.
(c) They thought he was a pervert.
(d) They thought he was posessed by demons.
10. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(b) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(c) She is sent on a death march.
(d) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
11. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) 2 brothers.
(b) None of her brothers have been killed.
(c) 3 brothers.
(d) 1 brother.
12. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From Slavka.
(b) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(c) From the food storages in Ukraine.
(d) From Wujciu.
13. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
(a) That all her brothers have died.
(b) That all of her family has died.
(c) That she is sick with the flu.
(d) That her father is definitely dead.
14. Where was Alicia placed after being caught?
(a) Back into the Ghetto.
(b) She is forced to go to Siberia.
(c) On death march.
(d) In a camp.
15. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) They are not fed at all.
(b) Decent food.
(c) Left overs from farm animals.
(d) Water tainted with typhoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What saves Alicia?
2. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
3. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
4. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)