|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
(a) They are executed.
(b) They are punished by
(c) They are sent to prison.
(d) They are allowed to pray.
2. What village is Alicia able to find work in during the winter?
3. What happens to the newborn baby hidden in the kitchen of the Alicia's home?
(a) The baby stays quiet the entire time and is not discovered.
(b) The baby is killed by the Germans who are looking for Jews.
(c) The baby is stolen, and they are not sure of its fate.
(d) The baby is left alone.
4. Who helps Alicia nurse her family back to health?
5. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Love from her parents.
(d) Having a boyfriend.
6. Who does Alicia visit, asking about God and fate?
(a) The Jewish leader of the community.
(b) Her best friend's father.
(c) Her great aunt.
(d) The ghetto's oldest living resident.
7. What saves Alicia?
(a) Milek carries her off away from the death march.
(b) Milek and some of the resistance rescue the people on the death march.
(c) She is able to overcome her agressors.
(d) Her mother gives herself up for Alicia to go free.
8. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 500 zlotys.
(b) 400 zlotys.
(c) 600 zlotys.
(d) 200 zlotys.
9. At the end of Chapter 13, how are Alicia and her mother able to gain shelter from?
(a) A milk farmer.
(b) A beekeeper.
(c) A banker.
(d) A farmer.
10. How is Bunio killed?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is hung in front of the town.
(c) He is forced to endure a starvation diet.
(d) He is sent to a work camp and worked to death.
11. How does Alicia obtain food and winter clothes?
(a) From Wujciu.
(b) From Slavka.
(c) From a kind farmer who is getting rid of food.
(d) From the food storages in Ukraine.
12. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
(a) They do not wish to become violent people.
(b) That if they build a resistance, the Nazis will kill more Jews.
(c) They will have to defend those who are caught resisting.
13. Where were boys encouraged to go by Russians?
(a) To join the Russian army.
(b) To school in Moscow.
(c) Stay at home with their families.
(d) To go to the Ukraine.
14. How does Alicia disguise herself as a worker?
(a) She is fluent in Russian and Ukrainian.
(b) She wears peasant clothing.
(c) She is the best worker she can be.
(d) She takes on peasant mannerisms.
15. Why was a villager cast out by his peers when he had an epileptic fit?
(a) They thought he was posessed by demons.
(b) They thought he was a pervert.
(c) Everyone is actually very supportive of him.
(d) They thought what he had was contagious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language were children now forced to speak?
2. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
3. How is Alicia able to obtain food and shelter?
4. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
5. What was Bella's father's occupation?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)