|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
(a) 1 brother.
(b) 3 brothers.
(c) 2 brothers.
(d) None of her brothers have been killed.
2. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
(b) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(c) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
(d) She is sent on a death march.
3. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
4. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
5. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She decides to give it to starving children.
(b) She trades them for more clothes.
(c) She becomes sick.
(d) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
6. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
(a) She disguises him as one of her sons.
(b) She hides him in a bunker under the house.
(c) She tries to put up a ransom for Alicia's father.
(d) She forced him to flee the town.
7. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
(a) In the forest, not understanding how she arrived there.
(b) Taken to America to get away from the Nazis.
(c) In a lake, swimming away from the Nazis.
(d) Being carried back to Buczacz.
8. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a bunker.
(b) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
(c) In a ravine in the woods.
9. During her early years, what didn't Alicia experience?
(a) Having a boyfriend.
(b) Love from her parents.
(c) Going to school.
10. Where aren't Jews allowed?
(a) In certain streets and nieghborhoods.
(b) At public gatherings.
(c) In churches.
(d) In gardens.
11. What saves Alicia?
(a) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
(b) Being buried with others and rescued.
(c) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
(d) She is able to escape from the camp.
12. After the Nazis leave Alicia's village in Chapter 7, what has happened in the ghetto?
(a) Over two thousand residents of the ghetto have been murdered.
(b) It is burned to the ground.
(c) The Jews can come out of hiding.
(d) They attempt to go back to their home.
13. Why wasn't Alicia's section of Poland invaded sooner?
(a) The Russians had control of some of Poland.
(b) Poland has a very strong army.
(c) The Poles had an agreement with the Russians to protect them.
(d) The Brits were protecting it.
14. What was Buczacz perfect for?
(a) Starting a company.
(b) Meeting new people.
(c) Having a small community.
(d) Raising a Jewish family.
15. Where do Alicia and her family choose to live after they are moved to another ghetto?
(a) They live in a very small apartment.
(b) They decide to go undergrounf to be safe.
(c) They move into the kitchen of a large home in the new ghetto.
(d) They decide to move into a small house so they can have it to themselves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Alicia become fast friends from?
2. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
3. What does this name mean?
4. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
5. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)