1. As a child where does Alicia grow up with her family and was it a nice place for Jewish people to live?
She grows up in Buczacz, Poland. For most of her childhood, she never exposed to Antisemitism.
2. What did many of Alicia's brothers and male friends grow up doing?
The boys were musical, playing instruments and singing in the choir, while studying Hebrew in preparation for their ultimate bar mitzvahs.
3. What was Alicia's first run-in with Antisemitism?
When her brother Zachary was beaten by five other Polish boys.
4. How did life change once the Russians took over control of Poland?
Russian soldiers were stationed in many parts of Poland. They also posted pictures of Lenin and Stalin everywhere. Finally, Russians started to take over businesses and suddenly Poles began disappearing.
5. Were were Poles who disobeyed the Russians sent?
Many thought they were sent to Serbia.
This section contains 2,213 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)