|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14: Reunion; In the Fields; Wujciu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alicia refuse to reveal to her mother?
(a) That her father is definitely dead.
(b) That all her brothers have died.
(c) That she is sick with the flu.
(d) That all of her family has died.
2. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
(a) Jews were not allowed to congregate.
(b) Jews had to wear the Star of David.
(c) Russians were put in positions of power.
(d) Pictures of Lenin and Stalin were posted everywhere.
3. When the Ukrainian gangs became bored with exterminating the Jews, who did they turn their rage to?
(a) The poorest Jews.
(b) The Poles.
(c) The Russians.
(d) The sick.
4. How many brothers did Alicia have?
5. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
(a) When her brother Zachary is beaten by five Polish boys.
(b) When she was taunted at school by a group of Gentile students.
(c) When her mother was accosted in the town square.
(d) When her father's factory was burned to the ground because he was Jewish.
Short Answer Questions
1. So far, how many brothers have been lost?
2. Who murders all of Alicia's family that lived in the mountains?
3. How did Alicia's mother try to save her father?
4. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
5. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)