|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 12-14: Reunion; In the Fields; Wujciu.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
(a) A bout of dysentry.
(d) The flu.
2. In Alicia's town, how were the Russian soldiers?
(a) Plesant enough.
(b) Not extremely accomodating.
(c) Very cruel.
(d) They wanted to be liked by all of the Poles.
3. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) The Nazi's cruelty.
(b) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(c) Suffering of the Poles.
(d) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
4. After being rescued by Milek, when Alicia wakes, where does she find herself?
(a) In the forest, not understanding how she arrived there.
(b) Taken to America to get away from the Nazis.
(c) Being carried back to Buczacz.
(d) In a lake, swimming away from the Nazis.
5. Why did the family go without food for periods of time?
(a) So they could send food to Bunio.
(b) So they could trade it to sell.
(c) So the youngest child could eat.
(d) So that Alicia's mother's family could have food.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the most recent raid in the Jewish ghetto, how many Jews died?
2. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
3. Because of what happens to his sister, what does Zach wish to do?
4. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
5. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)