|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Alicia accept the invitation to go to the mountains?
(a) She cannot leave her mother and remaining brothers.
(b) She fears that the Nazis will go there next.
(c) She has bad allergies and will be miserable there.
(d) She thinks her brother should go instead of her.
2. What happens to the Jews that go to a synagogue?
(a) They are punished by
(b) They are allowed to pray.
(c) They are executed.
(d) They are sent to prison.
3. What had Mrs Gold given Alicia in a package?
(a) 400 zlotys.
(b) 200 zlotys.
(c) 600 zlotys.
(d) 500 zlotys.
4. Where does Alicia end up at the end of the chapter?
(a) She has passed out in the forest.
(b) She has been carried to Germany.
(c) In a Ukrainian wheat field.
(d) She is forced to stay in the concentration camp.
5. At the camp, what are the prisoners fed?
(a) They are not fed at all.
(b) Left overs from farm animals.
(c) Decent food.
(d) Water tainted with typhoid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What keeps Alicia's mother from going to the market to sell?
2. When Moshe comes home, how does he appear?
3. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
4. At the end of the section, what has happened to the Jurman family?
5. What important event happens at the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)