|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over time, what happens because of the occupation?
(a) Russians forced Polish women to mate with them.
(b) Russians took over businesses and people began to disappear.
(c) Russians get violent with the Poles.
(d) All children were forced to go away to school in Russian or Germany.
2. What story does Alicia enjoy telling?
(a) The story of Little Red Riding Hood.
(b) A Jewish wise tale.
(c) The story of her family.
(d) The three little pigs.
3. How many brothers did Alicia have?
4. What must the family now do to survive?
(a) Move from shelter to shelter.
(b) Haggle and sell whatever they can find.
(c) Alicia's mother works as a servant in a Polish home.
(d) Send all the children to work.
5. What do the stories Alicia tells in Chapter 8 reinforce?
(a) Suffering of the ghetto Jews.
(b) Suffering of the Poles.
(c) The Nazi's cruelty.
(d) The tense relations between Ukrainians and Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
2. What is the family's new winter hiding place called?
3. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
4. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
5. What did Jewish boys enjoy doing?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)