|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Alicia is finally healthy enough to get home, what does she find?
(a) She finds her mother and Herzl sick with typhoid.
(b) She finds that Herzl has died.
(c) One of her friends, Milek, has run away.
(d) Her village has been burned to the ground.
2. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a ravine in the woods.
(c) In a bunker.
(d) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
3. What is the name of the new ghetto?
4. What saves Alicia?
(a) She is able to escape from the camp.
(b) Being buried with others and rescued.
(c) Some Russians arrive to liberate him.
(d) Her looks; one of the officers is attracted to her.
5. What becomes Moshe's fate at this location?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is forced to go to a work camp.
(c) He is returned to his family.
(d) He dies in prison of food poisoning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
2. What was Buczacz perfect for?
3. Where aren't Jews allowed?
4. While life continues on, what has rooted itself into the town?
5. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)