|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 8-11: My Brother Zachary; Bella; In Chortkov Prison; Milek.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Alicia's family have time to do?
(a) Move their posessions into a room of a friend's home.
(b) Get all of the boys together and send them away.
(c) Make food to bring with them.
(d) Escape from the ghetto.
2. At first how did life change under Russian occupation?
(a) Jews were not allowed to congregate.
(b) Jews had to wear the Star of David.
(c) Russians were put in positions of power.
(d) Pictures of Lenin and Stalin were posted everywhere.
3. How is she able to escape?
(a) She overtakes some of the officers.
(b) After men pull apart the bars of the car, she crawls out the window.
(c) She runs away.
(d) Jewish resistors free her by opening fire.
4. Why does Alicia give up her radishes?
(a) She becomes sick.
(b) She decides to give it to starving children.
(c) She trades them for more clothes.
(d) She knows her mother needs to eat more of the radishes than her.
5. Where had Alicia's new friend, Bella, come from?
(a) The countryside.
(c) The city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
2. Why do the Germans soon arrive in Alicia's town?
3. After Zach joins the resistance, what happens to him?
4. What were the Jews proud of?
5. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)