|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17: The Bitter Winter of 1943; My Mother; Struggle to Survive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alicia and her family hide when the Nazis come to the ghetto in chapter 7?
(a) In a bunker.
(c) In a ravine in the woods.
(d) In a makeshift shelter beyond the back wall of the ghetto.
2. How does Alicia escape the execution site?
(a) She hides in a river bank.
(b) She runs back to her hometown village.
(c) Milek resuces her again.
(d) She runs to the river and hides in a hollow tree.
3. In case the Jurman family was separated, where did they agree to meet?
(a) In the mountains of Poland.
4. What do Zachary and Alicia begin trying to sell in this section?
(a) Their clothing.
(b) Their hair.
(c) Their services has house servants.
(d) Flints of soup.
5. How many Jewish men are forced to go to the police station?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alicia accidentally taken to a concentration camp?
2. What does Manka's father welcome Alicia to do?
3. How does Alicia get the young Ukrainians to leave her hide out?
4. What were the Jews proud of?
5. What happens when Moshe returns from school in Moscow?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)