|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-17: The Bitter Winter of 1943; My Mother; Struggle to Survive.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Alicia gather heat for her family?
(a) She would beg for wood from richer families.
(b) She would go into forbidden forest territory with Jewish boys to gather wood.
(c) She would trade her clothing for wood.
(d) Old newspapers.
2. What winter clothes is Alicia given?
(a) Shoes and a jacket.
(b) A jacket, shawl, and shoes.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A shawl.
3. What is the name of the town in which Alicia grows up?
(a) Berlin, Germany.
(b) Buczacz, Poland.
(d) Moscow, Russian.
4. While visiting friends, what happens to Alicia?
(a) She is sent on a death march.
(b) She is forced to go to a death camp.
(c) She is forced to work the fields in her mother's place.
(d) She is forced into a boxcar for transport.
5. What language were children now forced to speak?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do members of the Judenrat council fear?
2. What saves Alicia?
3. What rumors began to circulate around Poland in March?
4. What is Alicia's first experience with antisemitism?
5. Why is Alicia caught by the Gestapo?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)