|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Simon Jordan sneak in his house when he is a boy?
(a) His parents’ bedroom.
(b) The servants’ quarters.
(c) The stables.
(d) The kitchen.
2. With whom does Grace’s father find lodging when they arrive in Canada?
(a) Mr. Macon.
(b) Mrs. Weslley.
(c) Mr. Lambert.
(d) Mrs. Burt.
3. What book does the governor’s wife have that tells of fashion in the United States?
(a) Godey’s Ladies’ Books.
(b) The Ladies Home Journal.
(c) Blackwell’s Dresses and Accessories.
(d) The Fashion and Style Display Art.
4. What happens to Mrs. Humphreys’s housekeeper?
(b) She moves to get married.
(c) She quits.
(d) She dies.
5. How many siblings does Grace say she has?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grace say the peddler in her dream has of hers?
2. What color are Grace’s eyes?
3. What relative in Ireland does Grace try to protect from being related to her?
4. Why does the peddler give Grace one button more than she buys?
5. What does Jordan believe about Verringer’s relationship with Grace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Grace taken after her encounter with the doctor and what does she describe there?
2. What does Grace say is in the governor’s wife’s scrapbook and what does Grace say about some of it?
3. What are the three letters that are shown at the beginning of Chapter 4?
4. What does the visitor to Grace’s cell give her and what does Grace do about it?
5. What is the sentencing for Grace and McDermott?
6. What is happening with Grace in the first page of Chapter 1?
7. What does Grace talk about counting at the beginning of the Chapter and why does she change the way she counts?
8. What does Grace say she started doing in the asylum and what was the result of these actions?
9. What does Grace say about her family in her confession at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. To whom does Mrs. Burt introduce Grace and what position does that woman hold? How does the woman help Grace?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)