|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality was Grace’s father?
2. What does the poem say is how Grace convinced McDermott to murder?
(a) That she will tell him where the gold in the house is hidden.
(b) That she will tell him where his brother lives.
(d) That she will be his lover.
3. What is the name of the prison where Grace is an inmate?
(a) Kingston Penitentiary.
(b) Stratford Prison.
(c) Riker Island.
(d) Toronto Reformatory.
4. What does Jordan place in front of Grace at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) An orange.
(b) A hat.
(c) A potato.
(d) A book.
5. What happens to Mrs. Humphreys’s housekeeper?
(b) She moves to get married.
(c) She dies.
(d) She quits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Grace work at the prison?
2. How much of her first month wages did Grace give her father?
3. What is in the scrapbook the governor’s wife keeps?
4. What does Grace do when she meets the doctor?
5. What does Grace’s mother say when she sees three crows on the ship they are taking to Canada?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the three letters that are shown at the beginning of Chapter 4?
2. What does Grace talk about counting at the beginning of the Chapter and why does she change the way she counts?
3. What document starts Chapter 2?
4. What does Grace say is in the governor’s wife’s scrapbook and what does Grace say about some of it?
5. What happens to Grace’s mother and how does her father take care of them?
6. Who narrates Chapter 1 and what does she say about her present circumstances as to where she is, how old she is and what year it is?
7. What does Grace say she started doing in the asylum and what was the result of these actions?
8. What is the sentencing for Grace and McDermott?
9. What first happens when a doctor comes into the parlor at the governor’s house and why does it happen?
10. To whom does Mrs. Burt introduce Grace and what position does that woman hold? How does the woman help Grace?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)