|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grace tell Jordan she will finish that day when she meets with him at the beginning of Chapter 5?
(a) Cleaning the downstairs of the house.
(b) The cloak she is making her sister.
(c) Her fifteenth year in prison.
(d) The quilt square in her hand.
2. What kind of drink does Dr. Jordan keep in the armoire in his room?
(d) An herbal concoction for health.
3. Where does Grace say it was that she stopped sharing her thoughts?
(a) When working at Kinnear’s house.
(b) At home when she was a young child.
(c) At the asylum.
(d) At the prison.
4. What song is Grace singing the first time Dr. Jordan hears her sing?
(a) Danny Boy.
(b) Rock of Ages.
(c) Amazing Grace.
(d) The Boys in the Tavern.
5. Why does the peddler give Grace one button more than she buys?
(a) She had an even number, which is bad luck.
(b) He thinks she is attractive.
(c) He only had one left so he would not be able to sell it.
(d) He wants her to become a good customer.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age does Grace go to prison?
2. What does Grace say about her confession?
3. What does Jordan see as the main difference between European and North American servants?
4. What is the name of Grace’s lawyer?
5. What is the book called of which a page is shown in Chapter 2?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)